Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer stores that are requiring "mandatory" masks. It's a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Deer stores that are requiring "mandatory" masks. It's a

Jul 21, 2020, 8:23 AM

HUGE joke. Stopped by a national chain yesterday that went on record that everyone must have on a mask while in the store. Half of the people were not wearing their masks correct including some of your employees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See, here's the thing,

Jul 21, 2020, 8:37 AM

They're not mandating the masks to actually do any good or have any real health benefit. They're mandating the masks to make it LOOK like they're doing good and having a health benefit. It's all about feeling like you're doing something and looking helpful. It's not about REALLY doing something and BEING helpful. That's where we are today. It's no longer about something being effective. It's all about how it makes you feel. Doesn't that make you feel better?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: See, here's the thing,

Jul 21, 2020, 8:50 AM

and if it makes you feel bad you can riot and loot and tear down stuff with no consequences

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found one.***

Jul 21, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to See, here's the thing, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

So, what action should we take to slow down the spread?

Jul 21, 2020, 8:55 AM [ in reply to See, here's the thing, ]

If not masks, what can we do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, what action should we take to slow down the spread?

Jul 21, 2020, 8:59 AM

boost your immune system.

Jul 21, 2020, 9:32 AM

Love that idea. So how do we convince America to take action? Do you really think that will happen?!
Meanwhile, we have no other tool than to mask up. How could anyone argue with this?! Even if you aren't convinced of the science, it can't hurt, can it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2020, 9:35 AM

It's there any solid, peer reviewed science that proves the efficacy of masks? I haven't seen any yet but would like to if it's out there.

To that, I ask:

Jul 21, 2020, 12:14 PM

Is there any solid, peer reviewed science that proves masks do absolutely nothing ? I haven't seen any yet but would like to if it's out there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

You need a study??

Jul 21, 2020, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: So, what action should we take to slow down the spread? ]

You need a study to prove less stuff comes out of your mouth when wearing a mask than when not wearing one? You can't tell the difference?

Message was edited by: CaliforniaTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You need a study??

Jul 21, 2020, 4:49 PM

Yeah, who needs science. Let's just go on gut feeling from now on

Jul 21, 2020, 6:54 PM

I'm not minimizing science but some things just make common sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 8:15 AM

I agree. Things like blood letting and a flat earth model just make common sense. Let's not worry about actually checking to see if they're accurate.

Some people are dumb as a rock***

Jul 23, 2020, 5:04 AM [ in reply to You need a study?? ]

Jul 21, 2020, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: So, what action should we take to slow down the spread? ]

Think I will take Dr. Fauci’s word on that

Jul 23, 2020, 4:14 AM [ in reply to Re: So, what action should we take to slow down the spread? ]

Yes.. Youre ignorant.

Jul 23, 2020, 6:02 AM [ in reply to Re: So, what action should we take to slow down the spread? ]

I suppose you will allow the surgical staff to decide if they want to wear a mask during your or a loved one’s next surgery? Or would you insist on the mask wearing because it reduces your risk of post-op infections and complications? Could it be you want them to follow evidence-based medicine but you won’t follow it yourself because you “know better”?

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Jul 21, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: So, what action should we take to slow down the spread? ]

It's there any solid, peer reviewed science that proves the efficacy of masks? I haven't seen any yet but would like to if it's out there.

Jul 21, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: So, what action should we take to slow down the spread? ]

Jul 21, 2020, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: So, what action should we take to slow down the spread? ]

Wearing the same dirty masks day after day (and you know people are doing it) can't be healthy.

Is there any solid, peer reviewed science that proves that?

Jul 21, 2020, 11:40 AM

Asking for a friend

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: So, what action should we take to slow down the spread? ]

Derp

Jul 21, 2020, 9:00 AM [ in reply to See, here's the thing, ]

Dabo promotes the windshield mentality--to look to the future. If you look in the rearview mirror, however, you see a free USA fading away. "Land of the free and home of the brave" Yes, I think the anthem needs to change to bemoan what we've surrendered.

Jul 21, 2020, 9:54 AM

Disagree. Dabo does preach the windshield mentality but he would never suggest looking to the future without keeping your principles by your side. I’ll keep my freedom, thanks.

not really. I understand what you're saying and I also

Jul 21, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to See, here's the thing, ]

understand how it all works. But when store supervisor's and/or manager's are walking around with masks around their neck and walking down aisles the wrong way when I'm trying to keep myself, my son and others safe, it really sucks. Either practice what you preacher or don't show up to church with a message you are not going to follow or believe in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not really. I understand what you're saying and I also

Jul 21, 2020, 11:11 AM

I agree. Go through a drive thru anywhere and the 16 year old serving you will have her mask around her neck and not in her face.

Jul 21, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to See, here's the thing, ]

Stupid and stubborn is a horrible combination

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks dad***

Jul 21, 2020, 8:55 AM

you're welcome, now get your ### out of bed and mow the

Jul 21, 2020, 10:04 AM

grass.

Re: you're welcome, now get your ### out of bed and mow the

Jul 21, 2020, 10:13 AM

I agree with MFO. A local store where I live did not require mask for anybody. 9 active cases of COVID has come directly out of that store and that was just last week. Those 9 have also spread it to some of their family members.

And, I'll say it for him, Stay off MY lawn!

Jul 21, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to you're welcome, now get your ### out of bed and mow the ]

You're welcome, MyFO. :)

Some of these national chains have made

Jul 21, 2020, 11:09 AM

recent announcements but does not go into effect for a week or so. Possible that's the case?

Didn't Wal-Mart's start this past Monday?***

Jul 21, 2020, 12:03 PM

Re: Didn't Wal-Mart's start this past Monday?***

Jul 21, 2020, 12:06 PM

I heard that, yes. I’d be willing to bet many people remove it after they get into the store.

Jul 21, 2020, 12:11 PM

most had it around their mask.

People

Jul 21, 2020, 12:19 PM

Who refuse to wear the mask tells me ALL I need to know about them! It’s all about me Bro!
The commander in chief is a good example

Jul 21, 2020, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't Wal-Mart's start this past Monday?*** ]

i was in walmart today. everybody was masked up.

They should have an 80" big screen on sale at Wal-Mart for

Jul 21, 2020, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Didn't Wal-Mart's start this past Monday?*** ]

$150 - with an unlimited supply . . . . and no mask wearing required.

Once the store reaches maximum capacity at about 1,500 people - lock all the doors, board it up and don't open it up for 6 months.

THAT would help football season get started reasonably on track AND raise the collective IQ of the community within a 10 mile radius of the aforementioned Wal-Mart.

Win - Win if you ask me.

Re: Deer stores that are requiring "mandatory" masks. It's a

Jul 21, 2020, 3:39 PM
DeerHunter.jpg(128.1 K)

Jul 21, 2020, 3:42 PM

A friend sent me this and I thought it was funny!

It's two things; funny and the truth. BTW..

Jul 21, 2020, 4:20 PM

Welcome to TNet!

Jul 21, 2020, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer stores that are requiring "mandatory" masks. It's a ]

Welcome to T-net. That is funny, indeed. For a coot! Again, welcome to T-net.

Misspelled Dear

Jul 21, 2020, 4:12 PM

UR welcome

Not according to the TigerNet dictionary.***

Jul 21, 2020, 4:17 PM

Antler humor...............***

Jul 21, 2020, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Misspelled Dear ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Misspelled Dear

Jul 21, 2020, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Misspelled Dear ]

Oh boy....

another funny....

Jul 21, 2020, 6:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Has anybody told that soldier he is poisoning himself with his own CO2?***

Jul 22, 2020, 9:04 AM

Doubt it... He might poison them with his Pb....***

Jul 23, 2020, 12:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 5:46 AM

There are 140,999 people dead already. Fact - not invective. An examination of "expected deaths" tells us COVID deaths are actually being undercounted, not over-counted as the Culture Warriors like to insist. (Here's some actual real science, not that you seem likely to read it.)

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

There are likely to be 200,000+ dead (or more!) by the end of the year. That's pretty serious. Especially since 3,000 people died on 9/11. The entire Vietnam War claimed 50K American lives.

We're going to quadruple that in less than a year...and people are still claiming COVID is "a cold."

Now here's the thing about masks. It doesn't protect super-well against your exposure. Your biggest protection is still going to be social distancing - staying out of that 6-foot radius among other folks. What your mask does is protect me because when you cough or even breathe heavy, your mask is catching the droplets that contain by far the biggest concentration of your COVID viruses - and viral load seems to be what drives infection.

In simpler terms, my mask protects you.

Your mask protects ME.

Wear the d%mn mask, please.

Jul 23, 2020, 8:40 AM

Quite the opposite, the actual Deaths due to the virus is also very skewered just like the number of cases. Family nurse has multiple cases of other deaths being listed as Covid. Paramedic has 2 deaths in a car wreck later finds out the cause of death listed as Covid . Small examples of multiple skewered numbers being let out in the entire country. Yes I know the nurse and Paramedic personally. Not saying many unfortunate people have not died from the virus but not near as many as people are let on to believe. You wear a mask for the rest of your life , I choose to live one normal as possible. Just got back from Florida beach vacation ( no mask ) gym Dailey ( no mask ) and so on .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic