Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Secondary /LB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,359

Secondary /LB

Jan 2, 2021, 12:04 PM

Seems to be a lack of talent in the secondary to win at the championship level. They have struggled with open field tackling all year. Safeties have really struggled. Linebackers and Safeties seem to give up 3-5 yards after contact. Skalsky is the exception. Coverage skills don't seem to be improving. Great year overall, go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Secondary /LB

Jan 2, 2021, 12:18 PM

It all starts up front. Our defensive line has not been good enough the last 2 seasons. It’s hard to be great in the secondary when you can’t generate a consistent pass rush with your front 4. But...

Bresee, Murphy, and Tyler Davis will be back next year. That gives us 3 All-American caliber players up front. We have to figure out how to replace Skalski. Personally, I think we need to move Mike Jones Jr to Mike, have Spector stay at Will, and have Trenton Simpson start at Sam.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 12:30 PM

Linebackers will be fine next year. Jones, Spector, Simpson, I love Vonta too. Then you add in trotter another 5 star. I just read Carter was the high school defense of player of the year. He played linebacker but we have him listed as safety. I’m assuming he will play a Isaiah Simmons role. If him or trotter can make a impact next year that’s a plus. Secondary worries me. I’m assuming Kendrick comes back. I like booth, but for some reason he doesn’t start. I’m not sold on zanders, and I have no idea who will start opposite safety. All we can hope for is progression.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:35 PM

1 guy didnt hear much about this year is RJ Mickens. Pretty highly recruited. Be interesting what happens with him.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:39 PM

I was looking forward to him play. He was from Texas. I was hoping he would bring speed to the safety spot. Outside of Kearse all of our safeties look small over the years .That kind of bothers me. I know we won 2 championships so it must not be that bad. But I hate watching safeties who look timid tackling at times. From van smith, kvon, Nolan, and even Zanders. They have all looked like corners.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:55 PM

Clemson misses Dan Brooks and Marion Hobby...those two defensive line coaches made Venables job much easier. They were not only really good recruiters, but they developed talent on the defensive line.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,359
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic