Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will the FSU famous rapist be an early first round pick,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,328

Will the FSU famous rapist be an early first round pick,

May 28, 2014, 8:21 PM

maybe not even a first round pick at all, and hopefully not.

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/05/22/reasons-why-jameis-winston-wont-be-no-1-overall-pick/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His off the field issues will cost him millions***

May 28, 2014, 8:38 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How? The NFL doesn't care about

May 28, 2014, 8:53 PM

the minor things he has been involved in the crab leg walk out, the unlimited soda refills in a water glass at Burger King, the BB gun shootout at his dorm. He was never even charged in the rape case. Not saying he is a great guy nor am I a fan, but I can't ever remember were minor off the field issues hurt a player. Even great players with major off the field issues don't suffer (Ray Lewis), and many others.

I don't see the infatuation with him

May 28, 2014, 11:16 PM

and I think he drops like a rock once he takes the Wonderlic

Re: Seahawks will take him

May 28, 2014, 11:51 PM

they are the closest to king crab country.

Things are changing

May 29, 2014, 12:38 AM [ in reply to How? The NFL doesn't care about ]

Ray lewis' problems came after we was already a proven NFL player, correct?

The best example I can come up with is Kelcy Quarles, he was a supposed 1st or 2nd round guy halfway through the season then he gets involved in the club incident a month before the draft and goes completely undrafed.

It's not about what you do, it's about how big of a stink it is with the media and the general public. Jameous has been under a microscope. Unless he goes from now until the draft without any problems at all, he will drop a few spots, imo.

Quarles was a DT, QB is the hardest position to fill

May 29, 2014, 8:17 AM

In the NFL.

Winston is the best QB in a long time. He will assuredly be the #1 overall pick.

He would have gone first over clowney this year had he been eligible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I believe it will depend on his actions this year, on and

May 29, 2014, 7:54 AM

off field.

The wisest course for Mr. Winston would be to lay low, avoid controversy and concentrate on his studies and football. The public will always be more fascinated with an individual who retains some mystery to his persona.

Thus far, the public has gotten to know more about Winston than they may particularly care. And that's not good...for him or the public.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will the FSU famous rapist be an early first round pick,

May 29, 2014, 9:15 AM

might get a part in a new longest yard movie

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will the FSU famous rapist be an early first round pick,

May 29, 2014, 9:42 AM

D Watson will be an example of how a highly rated playet is supposed to conduct themself during such an important time in their life.
This Winston kid is a superb talent , but his involvement in a sexual assault , minor thefts and shoplifting are indicators of his attitude and mental maturation.
Something that bothers me more than his pattern of unlawful behavior is his seemingly unrepentant attitude towards everything and his school's overall "meh" about their highest profile playerIin a decade looking for all the world like the king fool .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

... and his Dad seemingly passing the buck to FSU.***

May 29, 2014, 10:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,328
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic