Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scouting Report - Bama vs. Coot U. (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,306

Scouting Report - Bama vs. Coot U. (long)

Sep 15, 2019, 1:52 PM

Well Folks,

Made the trip to Doo Doo Ice Brice yesterday with my beloved Gamecock wife to do a little socializing and to see what Bama and the Coots are fielding this year.

First of all, this ain't your mama's Bama team. How Saban sleeps at night right now is beyond me. When Bama only rushes for 76 yards against that Coot Defensive Line and gives up 135 yards on the ground to Dowdle and Feaster then something seems amiss in Bama Land. One can see that while Bama is huge up front on the O-Line they miss the experience of Pierschbacher and Cotton up front. Something is just not clicking in their run game right now. Like Clemson on Offense, they are a work in progress with time to improve but if they still look like this in late October, well then you are who you are at that point and even Tua will find tough sledding without a run game. Stay tuned to see if Bama remains one dimensional. However, if you are going to be a passing team, Bama looks the part. Those 4 wideouts are all super fast, twitchy, and sure handed. Throw in the tight end and Tua has the targets. Despite the inferior opponent yesterday, even a novice can tell the quality of their passing game is not to be taken likely. These guys are a load and right now Bama looks more in sync throwing the ball than just about any other team not named Oklahoma. So, If you can throw for 500 yards, who needs a running game? We shall see, but for sure like last year this is not your typical Bama Offense in any way, shape or form.

On defense, the Tide did not show many wrinkles yesterday because they did not have too. They gave up 324 yards to the Hell-on-ski's passing attack but they ran base coverage's all day with virtually no blitzing schemes. Basically, Carolina took what Bama gave them on slants and curl routes and the Tide was willing to offer them up. Carolina scored on a seam route to Shi Smith but overall Bama limited the big passing plays. I will say that it appears Bama is missing their linebackers that are injured. They gave up too many rushing yards to an awful Carolina rushing team and the slants were open all day for the Coots. I believe this Bama 'D' is vulnerable to both the rush and pass. Too sum Bama up, playoff offenses will score points on Bama if they can make it that far. Their offense will score points to keep up if Tua has the time to throw. Key words 'time to throw.' Yesterday confirmed what I already believed. Probably the Tide will loose at least one game prior to the playoffs, possible two. Ga. will give them fits and even Auburn or LSU could take them down under the right circumstances. It will all depend on how well their O-Line develops. I believe their Defense will be suspect all year. Despite Tua, Juedy, Ruggs, Waddle etc this team is very beatable.

As for the Chump and Coots, well at least they got them a QB, finally, after a long line of fruitless saviors stepping on campus. This kid from Cali can sling it. Now, will he develop from here or regress like all other Chump QB's? Time will tell. The problem I see though is that he has no supporting cast. Lord forbid if Edwards goes down. That kid has heart and desire. He is load to bring down. Shi Smith and Vann are serviceable receivers but nobody on that offense should scare any opposing 'D' they will face on their schedule moving forward. Their O=Line is okay but it has zero depth which will show over time as nicks and bruises take their toll. At 135 yards rushing against Bama yesterday, I believe that may be the high point of their season from the rushing side of things. Poor Helinski is going to take a beating this season but he will grow up in the process. To his detriment though, I just don't see the recruiting progress at skill positions necessary for him and Carolina to take the next step up to move past Kentucky and Fla. in the pecking order next year. What few good commitments Muschump has now, may move on before signing day. Compared to Bentley, Coots Offense has upgraded but the ceiling is what it is regardless.

As for the Coots defense, well let me just say Muschump is the most over-hyped defensive coach I know of except of course for Kevin Steele. This is a guy whose has made millions by fooling people that he is a great defensive mind when really he has just been lining up 4 and 5 stars and letting them play ball. For the life of me, I cannot believe his recent teams continually do not know how to tackle anybody. There is better quality tackling at the SC High School level than these guys show week in and week out. Furman and The Citadel could teach these guys a thing or two. That aside, even if they could tackle there is no scheming or imagination on defense. For the Coots staff's sake, Me thinks these guys are not very teachable. Otherwise that is an even bigger indictment of The Chump and his coaches. On the line, pad level is abysmal, at the linebacker level there is poor gap assignment, all second level guys take bad angles. It goes on and on. After 4 years, I would expect better fundamentals regardless of talent level. In the world of Defensive coaching, Chump is on the trailer porch with his PBR playing checkers while Venables is in the palace sipping whiskey and cutting ### in Chess. Even with a supposed upgrade in talent and depth, the Carolina Defense is again hot trash.

And as footnotes to Carolina. Of course Muschamp is a terrible game day coach. He is a 90's defensive coach ill prepared to adapt to the game being played on the field today. 9 out of 10 times the coach on the other sideline will eat his lunch as a game progresses. Mack Brown and Saban have now taken him to the woodshed. Others are lining up for their chance. Chump is just game planning how far to pull his pants down and bend over for each opponent on the remaining schedule. Carolina may win 5 games, 4 more likely.

BTW, the average male fan has got to appreciate the stadium restroom upgrades at the Brice. Now the #### troughs have partitions placed up and down the length of the trough for privacy sake. My gosh. The SEC just means more except when it comes to installing ceramic urinals like every other stadium.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scouting Report - Bama vs. Coot U. (long)

Sep 15, 2019, 2:35 PM

My wife, herself a Coot fan, was watching over our granddaughters at their home yesterday while I was working in my recliner at our house. I was NOT watching the Bama vs. Coot game. But, at some point during the game, the wife calls telling me that all of them heard Moosechump say, on television, "What the f...!"

Did anyone else hear this?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,306
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic