Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw a report
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,719

Saw a report

Jun 15, 2020, 12:50 PM

that stated the Coots football players had a 3.614 GPA for the spring semester. am I off base, or does that seems stupidly high for roughly 100 kids associated with their football program?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easier to have a surrogate when all your clases are online.

Jun 15, 2020, 12:52 PM

I'd imagime that athletic GPA's across the nation will rise.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Easier to have a surrogate when all your clases are online.

Jun 15, 2020, 12:58 PM

Very good point.

Re: Saw a report

Jun 15, 2020, 1:01 PM

You have to be very careful when talking Gamecock athletics and GPA. I know for a fact they fudge their graduation numbers bc they claim they had a graduation rate of like over 98% or something stupidly high for that program and then you realized what they were doing was if a player transferred from their program and went to another institution and graduated they would add that player onto their "graduated players" list even though he didn't graduate from USC. All you have to do is go through there football players and the guys that transferred and realize there is no way they are at 98%.

Jun 15, 2020, 1:07 PM

USC is in California.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

There are NCAA guidelines for calculating

Jun 15, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw a report ]

APR, grad rates, etc. If a player transfers in good standing(there is a GPA guideline and progression towards degree requirements that ar NCAA guidelines - I.e., completed x hours for So, Jr, Sr stays etc) then those do not count against your #s. Hyothetical examples-if you have a guy who is a Sophomore after 3 years or a guy who has a 1.9 and Entering his JR year and they transfer then that goes against your stats. I think grad rates, a player is given 6 years to grad from time of first entry. If any school is doing anything to artificially bolster it would likely be through pushing guys through Easy courses and lenient professors to bolster GPAs. Keep in mind I believe USC still already bolsters their entire student body GPA by using a + system. This inflates GPAs compare to a school like Clemsons that doesn’t utilize that which is why a comparison between the 2 should never be done and why it’s stupid for Clemson to allow gpa to be used in the annual palmettto challenge or whatever it is called. And honestly, I’d like Clemson to go with a + system and apply it retro to my gpa ;).

Jun 15, 2020, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw a report ]

TigerAidan said:

You have to be very careful when talking Gamecock athletics and GPA. I know for a fact they fudge their graduation numbers bc they claim they had a graduation rate of like over 98% or something stupidly high for that program and then you realized what they were doing was if a player transferred from their program and went to another institution and graduated they would add that player onto their "graduated players" list even though he didn't graduate from USC. All you have to do is go through there football players and the guys that transferred and realize there is no way they are at 98%.

Kinda similar, but the reverse of them saying they had National Championship players when Tavien transferred there. Silly coots.

Their formula is

Jun 15, 2020, 2:04 PM

Football GPA published = Actual Football GPA + pi

Depends. Are they on a 10 point system?

Jun 15, 2020, 4:05 PM

3.6 would be about write.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,719
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic