Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Savion Jackson, #3 DE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Savion Jackson, #3 DE

May 29, 2018, 9:54 AM

gets Crystal Ball from Steve Wiltfong (94%) to USCjr.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Savion Jackson, #3 DE

May 29, 2018, 9:58 AM

(comment on how Crystal Balls are stupid)
(comment on how he wouldn't get playing time here anyway)
(comment on how he's not a fit for our team)

Son of a B

May 29, 2018, 10:20 AM

He is probably overrated anyways. Who trust what 247 says nowadays.

He would not even sniff the field for years here. We too deep.

Not sure if he would even fit our culture. Heard his momma cusses in public.

And in addition...they probably paid the family off like they did Belk and Pickens.

SC sucks then, now, and forever into the future.

That should cover it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he is from a smaller school

May 29, 2018, 10:58 AM

and doesn't play the most elite in competition. I still think he will be a good DE. Top 75 player could be about right...maybe top 100. I was hoping we would had offered him last summer but didn't until like February maybe>? We were late in the game.

Luckily while we lose a couple of DE's we have solid young depth at DE

DT is where I'm most concerned.

May 29, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Savion Jackson, #3 DE ]

Comment on stupid comments, good job. Way to contribute.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2018, 10:24 AM

That's not factually accurate. He's the #3 SDE and like the #50 overall player. The top DEs are all weak-side guys with Thibodeaux, Zach Harrison, and Nolan Smith.

May 29, 2018, 10:27 AM

The bag man appears to have moved from Rock Hill to coot town. They still need a lot more, especially on offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2018, 10:26 AM

This is bound to happen with Clemson’s success. Some of these higher rated guys don’t want to have to wait to play and are going to go somewhere where they can play immediately. Usuck is definitely the place for that. This kid doesn’t want to have to sit behind Thomas and Henry for 2 years. Not worried about it. Next year we will get higher rated DE. It’s called a cycle not to be confused with cycling in or out.

May 29, 2018, 2:48 PM

But not necessarily something you see with other top programs, like Bama or Ohio State? Although we have a decent sample size on them, there's no telling how KJ or XT's college career will play out. Plus injuries happen (ie. Bama's LB group last season).

We'd hope to have the best players who also are confident that they are the best (ie. Trevor Lawrence coming in with Hunter Johnson a year ahead)

May 29, 2018, 4:54 PM

That’s because at Clemson the coaches are honest with the players and tell them the best guys will play. Most of these kids don’t want to hear that. They want a guarantee they’ll be playing. No telling what kind of things the coaches at Bama and Ohio St. are telling these kids. One of the reasons why you probably see so many kids transferring from these schools on a regular basis.

10th ranked DE, not 3rd.

May 29, 2018, 10:27 AM

3rd SDE per the composite. He is a good player, but not the kind that would see playing time behind Henry, Thomas, and Mascoll. Definitely a good pickup for the Coots though (if he goes there).

Snowflake Basher........Out

lol yes he would. We rotate DEs most and have a huge need at DT***

Jun 4, 2018, 2:28 PM

May 29, 2018, 10:28 AM

According to who? ESPN, Rivals nor 247 has him as the #3 DE in the country. Pickens isn't even that high on those list. Not saying he isn't a good player because he is. Just not sure what rankings you are looking at.

Not saying we don't want him
Not saying he wouldn't play

As far as I'm concerned Chump is doing a good job recruiting right now and way better than I expected. I still don't understand who in their right mind would want to play in that $%^& hole of a town but hey to each their own. Still I think USC will have a hard time competing on the filed against UGA, UF, and of course Clemson. USC and Tenn will be battling for 3rd in the east in the future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chump is selling Hope & A Plan,not Results

May 29, 2018, 10:37 AM

Anything less than 10-2 this year all all these guys that took Official Spring Visits will bolt elsewhere.
Just my opinion, but they finish closer to 7-5 than 10-2

No chance against Clemson or UGA.

Kentucky is going for a 5Peat

Florida & A&M have hired better coaches than Chump could ever hope to be

Tennessee,well Pruitt wasn't fired at his last few jobs and time will tell if he's HC material

They will lose at LEAST 4 of those 6 and the DeCootments will begin. Buy the Popcorn.

May 29, 2018, 10:40 AM

I have no idea why you'd be worried so far. Until they show it can make a difference on the field, it really doesn't matter what they are recruiting. Didn't they at one point have a #9 & #19 QB:

https://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&PositionGroup=QB

Where's that got them thus far?? One left the program after being the only SCar QB the year he played to score only 1 TD on Clemson at all, and the other after a miracle 9 win season against every high school in the southeast managed top get his offense to what, #108th in the nation...and still, only scored on Clemson once. Oooohhh...I'm shaking in my boots.

May 29, 2018, 10:42 AM

I don't put very much stock in crystal ball predictions. I do think that it's a NC St/USC battle for Jackson. Muschamp is recruiting his tail off here and it's starting to pay off with players like Pickens and Hilinski. Look back at when Dabo took over, he struggled the first couple years although playing in a weak ACC Coastal division at the time did help, much like playing in the SEC East helped us last year. Well the SECE is coming back much like the ACCC has (though no one saw the demise of Fla St coming).

I believe that Pickens is who is ranked as the #3 SDE in the country.

May 29, 2018, 10:47 AM

Coastal? Whatever you're smoking this morning, I want some

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2018, 10:55 AM

Oops, I mean Atlantic. Sorry, not sure how I screwed that one up, I should have known better.

FSU is dead? Let's put them in a bowl

May 29, 2018, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Savion Jackson, #3 DE ]

with you guys.

FSU

May 29, 2018, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Savion Jackson, #3 DE ]

Won the national championship recently . What demise are you talking about ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

ACC Atlantic has 2 RECENT NC's. WHEN was

May 29, 2018, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Savion Jackson, #3 DE ]

the last one that came from the SECLeast ?

May 29, 2018, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Savion Jackson, #3 DE ]

Pickens is the composite #1 SDE and #14 Composite overall

Muschamp had more talent at FL than he'll ever see in cola..

May 29, 2018, 10:52 AM

He lost to GA Southern with that talent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muschamp had more talent at FL than he'll ever see in cola..

May 29, 2018, 11:00 AM

He's not the first coach to have to learn from his mistakes. He never had a half decent OC at Florida (or here for that matter) and if he had he would still be there. I am in wait and see mode with McClendon but the Dan Werner hire imo was a home run.

What did Dabo do after W Virginia put 65 on you in the bowl game? He fired your DC and hired Venables. Do you really think you even sniff the success of the past couple of years without Venables who built one of the best defenses in the country? Not likely.

May 29, 2018, 11:09 AM

Ever thought the reason Dabo got Venebles is because he was used to playing against up tempo offenses in the Big 12? And more so, that he had an offensive coordinator that had an offense that could potentially leave his defense on the field for an extended amount of time? ( 3 and outs) . Chump prefers a methodical offense to balance his defense. He has for his entire career, hamstrung himself on offense b/c of his his defensive mentality.

May 29, 2018, 11:16 AM

He actually likes the up tempo offense. As a DC he knows what kind of offenses gives him the most trouble. One of the reasons for firing Roper was because he did not run the type of offense that Muschamp wanted, even though they practiced it.

I don't know how many of you glanced at our Spring Game but that should be close to what we will be running this season. Of course game plans change from team to team but we should see a up tempo offense with plenty of runn/pass options (RPO's) which is what Werner is a guru at.

May 29, 2018, 11:21 AM

I agree he wants up tempo, but he lacks depth on defense to run it. I admit, he’s about 2-3 years away from getting it, but trying to run it now is a bad idea. He had the depth at Florida on defense, but never realized his offensive potential.

May 29, 2018, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp had more talent at FL than he'll ever see in cola.. ]

uptempo offense without defensive depth is Tommy Bowdenesque.

You'll be mediocre, which will mean a long term contract at usc.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 29, 2018, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp had more talent at FL than he'll ever see in cola.. ]

Spring game numbers are controlled by coaches. See Dabo whistling Trevor down by contact so he couldn’t pad stats and make even more QB controversy then he already has. Just like Muschamp has failed at every offense hire he’s ever been a part of. You ###### plays to sell hope to fans and recruits. Unfortunately for y’all Muschamp couldn’t run offense with a group of Pro Bowlers let alone a talentless QB who is still trying to cross mid field against our first string defense.

May 29, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp had more talent at FL than he'll ever see in cola.. ]

Making ###### hires is a direct reflection of Muschamp’s coaching ability. The fact that he hired someone from unproductive offensive staff with on play calling experience should be concerning for you.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 29, 2018, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp had more talent at FL than he'll ever see in cola.. ]

Why do you Gamecocks keep comparing Chump to Dabo. As if he'll replicate what Dabo has done here at Clemson. There's only one Dabo and Chump aint it.

May 29, 2018, 11:23 AM

I do remember our coach getting laughed at by these clowns. Now, with 4 fingers out, they are hoping Chump emulates him.

May 29, 2018, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp had more talent at FL than he'll ever see in cola.. ]

Dabo hired Venables after winning 10 games and losing in the Orange Bowl.

Also I would be careful calling anyone a "home run" when they have ties to Hugh Freeze. Everyone on staff under Freeze at least knew if not participated in illegal actives. Sure your recruiting is on the rise right now, but it might also be because you hired someone who "knows how to get things done".

null

May 29, 2018, 4:06 PM

Dabo hired Venables after winning 10 games and losing in the Orange Bowl.

Also I would be careful calling anyone a "home run" when they have ties to Hugh Freeze. Everyone on staff under Freeze at least knew if not participated in illegal actives. Sure your recruiting is on the rise right now, but it might also be because you hired someone who "knows how to get things done".

Wasn't that the same year you lost to us at home with Dylan Thompson filling in for Shaw? I think between those two games that Dabo had enough with your DC and went out and got Venables.

I am not sold on the offense by any means, rather in wait and see mode with that. The bad offense last year was completely on Roper and not any of the assistant coaches. McClendon is a bright young mind but has only one game of experience at play calling. Werner had a short stint at Ole Miss and left the year prior to Freeze getting in trouble. He has a great resume with QB's and as a OC. I might be more concerned if he was hired as a coordinator instead of a position coach.

Jun 4, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Muschamp had more talent at FL than he'll ever see in cola.. ]

He also had a dozen starters out that game including his QB... But yeah, coaches should also be able to take 2nd and 3rd stringers, have them start and win... That's some Tater logic right there.

Jun 4, 2018, 2:16 PM

He also had a dozen starters out that game including his QB... But yeah, coaches should also be able to take 2nd and 3rd stringers, have them start and win... That's some Tater logic right there.

If you take away EVERY starter off the Clemson football team, I would have no problem putting together a new starting lineup that could beat GA Southern.

It's GA Southern...I'd be as easy as playing you guys the past two years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really show up here and tater is still the best you’ve got?***

Jun 4, 2018, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp had more talent at FL than he'll ever see in cola.. ]

Someone hit a nerve!***

Jun 4, 2018, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp had more talent at FL than he'll ever see in cola.. ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 29, 2018, 2:04 PM

Why are we trashing this kid? He hasnt even committed anywhere? How dumb are you gonna feel saying all this #### and he commits to us. Do you stick to your comments about overrated? Plays at small school so wont be good? Come on guys.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic