Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sarah Fuller has a point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Sarah Fuller has a point

Dec 1, 2020, 10:44 AM

“If I’m going to be honest, I was a little pissed off at how quiet everybody was on the sideline. We made a first down, and I was the only one cheering and I was like – what the heck? What’s going on? And I tried to get them pumped up, and I was like, ‘You guys need to start [cheering] your team on. My main thing was during the SEC tournament, my entire team was cheering the entire time, it didn’t matter if we were in the locker room or if they were on the sidelines, I think that’s what won it for us. Everybody was cheering non-stop. I just went in there, and I said exactly what I was thinking. I was like, ‘We need to be cheering each other on. This is how you win games. This is how you get better, by calling each other out for stuff, and I’m going to call you guys out.'” - Sarah Fuller, halftime speech.

I think she has a good idea. My daughter's high school volleyball team does this neat little sideline cheer where they clap their hands and stomp their feet. It would be awesome if our players would do that. And when their team makes a great play, they all do this loud "Whooop!" with one of those "hand dance moves" in unison. That would be SO COOL...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe she needs to be the capon's new coach. I hear they

Dec 1, 2020, 11:02 AM

are looking for a "cheerleader"................

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sarah Fuller has a point

Dec 1, 2020, 11:05 AM

Don't care for theatrics on the sideline .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 11:10 AM

ZZZOOOOOOOOOMMMMM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Sarah Fuller has a point ]

I agree. Support your team mates, high five 'em give them encouragement. The hand clapping, dancing thing is a bit high school.

We already have a coach who’s all up in the locker room...

Dec 1, 2020, 11:10 AM

dancing. I’m not convinced sideline theatrics will help.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 11:17 AM

I don't know, but I believe a teams enthusiasm is many times determined by whether you have a chance to win, or whether you know you're already beaten. Vandy lost that game long before they took the field.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:20 AM

I read your post as humorous sarcasm.

Hard to type voice inflection. Did I misread your intent?

Football teams do this stuff just as much as women’s sports teams

Dec 1, 2020, 11:36 AM

It’s just in the more macho style with screaming at each other and hitting one another

Dec 1, 2020, 11:45 AM

Ya know...

I sure do...

Dec 1, 2020, 11:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Sarah Fuller has a point ]

That's different...look how many people are in the stadium. Obviously that around midway through the 2nd quarter once all the coots head back out to the party bus never to return.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:47 AM

Well not really ..... leadership isn't all about yelling and hand-clapping. This articl;e sums the event up pretty nicely.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/walsh-a-woman-played-in-a-college-football-game-and-immediately-proved-why-women-dont-belong-in-mens-sports?itm_source=parsely-api?utm_source=cnemail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=120120-news&utm_campaign=position1

Hopefully, Brie Larson will play her in the movie.

Dec 1, 2020, 12:41 PM

She’s incredible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 1, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Sarah Fuller has a point ]

Hammer, meet nail.

Once upon a time we could appreciate and even celebrate the differences between male and female.

Sure wish those days would return.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:50 AM

She’s been on the team for 2 days on a team that’s been getting their teeth kicked in. The gall.

For a team as bad as Vandy,

Dec 1, 2020, 11:58 AM

I think she’s right. I mean it certainly couldn’t hurt.

Dec 1, 2020, 12:08 PM

Since 2017 Vandy is something like 5-19 in conference, going to go winless this year, and in all liklihood suspected the peril their coach was in. Could be they are tired of working as hard as everyone else and still having their teeth kicked in week after week and not nearly as exicted by a first down as someone just visiting from the soccer team might be. Maybe could give them a pass on not getting too hyped over a first down.

Dec 1, 2020, 12:41 PM

I think some of y’all missed the sarcasm from the OP. I thought it was funny.

Dec 1, 2020, 1:00 PM

My opinion on her comments depends on what she meant. If she meant for them to stand around chanting things the whole time or whatever then no. If she meant that she expected the players to be engaged in what was happening on the field, and showing emotion then I can get on board with that. I actually think that's one thing that's made the culture at Clemson as great as it's been. We constantly see players taking pride in plays made by their teammates with Christian Wilkins being the best example of this.

Dec 1, 2020, 2:01 PM

Vandy could have easily avoided that goose egg with a few sideline cheers in unison. No question. HOWEVER! For her to think she could drop that on them at halftime is ridiculous. You have to practice that stuff way before game time. Get Real Sarah!

Dec 1, 2020, 3:23 PM

Yeah, not so much. This is such an embarrassment on so many levels.

First, this is a total PR, SJW stunt. No doubt about it. The Vandy coaches saying they needed her to win is a total lie. They had a punter that could handle kickoffs and had another player on the team that kicked off in high school. Either of them would have been a much better option than Fuller. There was also a Vandy student who was an all region kicker in high school that reached out to the coaches and they never even gave him a thought. This was not an open tryout. So obviously they wanted a girl for the publicity.

Second, the fact that this girl, a new teammate, who had never even stepped foot on the field during an actual game and was a friggin kicker gave a halftime speech is hilarious. Anyone who’s ever been in a locker room knows they would be rolling their eyes and laughing at this. Forget that she’s a girl, just imagine a kicker standing up at halftime giving a speech. It just would not go over, much less even happen.

And lastly, this girl who has been on the team for a few days goes and tells the media what was said in the locker room at halftime. This is most insane thing in all of this. Once again, anyone who’s ever been on a football team knows that what is said in the locker room stays in the locker room. That’s just common sense. For this girl to run to the media and tell them she gave the whole team a lecture at the half is absolutely hilarious and insane at the same time. I mean who does that? Obviously the fix was in.

Was it a coincidence that Vandy played their worst game of the year? Obviously they are a really bad football team but they aren’t that bad. I guarantee you the players knew they were part of a stunt and were having no part of it. That’s really not hard to see.

Dec 1, 2020, 5:51 PM

You can call it all those things....your opinion...

Or you could just look at what it was....she picked up a universal call for kickers displaying some school spirit, showed some pretty good courage, called out what was obviously a very dead team, and wasn't terrible. I'm fairly certain she wasn't looking for a career.

I would sure hire someone who had that on their resume....certainly gives her a good edge in the jobs area (and that is the reason they're in school after all).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m a little concerned with TNet now

Dec 1, 2020, 9:05 PM

Crump, just promise me that if it gets really bad, you’ll just pull the plug.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 9:14 PM

Actually, she has zero points...

Dec 1, 2020, 9:18 PM

Commodores should pay her $6,000,000.00 a year to lose 8 games...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m thinking that her teammates might cheer

Dec 1, 2020, 10:59 PM

if one of her kicks actually goes further than 11 yards.

Let’s start with that Miss Fuller.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic