Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saints NFL Offensive System in Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,524

Saints NFL Offensive System in Carolina

Jan 19, 2020, 12:15 AM

Hi all,
Seems like LSU is one and done with Joe Brady going to Carolina for Matt Rhule as the new OC. Likely it’s us against Alabama next year again. Brady took a 3rd string Ohio State QB and he broke nearly every NCAA record. This same kid got beaten 29-0 by Alabama in 2018 when we wiped the floor with Alabama. Amazing are these Sean Peyton New Orleans Saints schemes everyone wants to start using now. Kudos to the Panthers for stealing this genius from William & Mary. Thought we had LSU after a great start and catching Joe Burro with our blitzes. But we only slowed him down. That LSU secondary beat our pants off and ended too many drives three and out. No one held Trevor to less than 50% pass completions until that game. Anyone think Dabo can start using these plays because you know what Saban is doing after getting beaten with this new Saints Attack. Watch Saban start going to a Saints Style Offense in 2020. Hell, if you can’t beat em ... Just sayin if it’s good enough for the Panthers, then we ought to employ these schemes to keep ahead of everyone because we got better quality athletes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saints NFL Offensive System in Carolina

Jan 19, 2020, 8:36 AM

We are going to have issues against good secondaries if we do not make changes to the pass route trees and put in more option routes. Also, routes designed to attack the middle of the field.

This was an issue observed very early on in the season and was really brought to light by lack of production from the slot and TE. It was almost as if Trevor was coached to throw the ball up to Tee or Ross as opposed to goin thru progressions to find the open receiver or check down.

WR’s had issues getting open against both OSU and LSU. Mainly because we run the same basic stuff and throw up 50/50 balls to the WR.

Hoping this playoff season was a wake up call for our offense to evolve and get beyond just above a high level offense that depends solely on its talent without giving scheme to make the talent the best it can be.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am hoping we self scout our offense this Spring.

Jan 19, 2020, 8:44 AM

Without a doubt we have become too dependent on Trevor and our “Creatures” at wideout. This past year it seems as if we very rarely used middle of field in pass game. I agree that our routes look to be simple as most are just a variation of a go route and we hope to win a 50/50 ball.

Unfortunately the majority of our schedule does come into play with regards to not seeing high end talent on our opponents defense. It is what it is, but I did feel as if we kept things simple this season because we just “our athlete” everyone. That nearly caught up with us in semis and definitely showed up in Final game.

Bottom line, I trust our guys to fix it. Maybe having Streeter more involved will put some fresh eyes on some of the issues.

Re: Saints NFL Offensive System in Carolina

Jan 19, 2020, 9:02 AM

That's the ticket. Lose a game and scrap everything that worked for 10 years and this season had us winning by more 30 points a game. LSU had the perfect storm: great QB, receivers, scheme all working at the same time, while for some reason our QB couldn't hit the ocean from a boat and the OCs forgot a great RB for the last 26 minutes of the game. It happens. Meanwhile the NFL adapted to the West Coast offense and a dozen permutations and it will adapt to Brady & Co. Geez. We need to calm down.

I am not saying scrap our entire offensive system

Jan 19, 2020, 9:10 AM

but I would be careful saying “we outscored everyone by 30” and just be happy with those results. Dig into where the majority of that outscoring occurred.

Hoping to see some new wrinkles this coming year. My worry, and it happens often to teams that reach the top like we have, is that we become complacent and don’t make necessary changes to keep things fresh and new.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,524
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic