Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC teams favored to win 9 of 10 bowl games......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,531

SEC teams favored to win 9 of 10 bowl games......

Dec 13, 2015, 11:11 PM

with only Florida losing.....while only 2 of the 9 ACC teams (Virgina Tech & Florida State) favored to win their bowl games......it appears these guys still have not figured it out after 8 SEC teams ranked in the preseason.....the SEC really s*ucks again this year (only 1 Top 10 team ranked now) and ACC is a superior conference with 3 Top Teams now ranked in the poll.....LOL.....Go Tigers!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you have good posts, but you have to put some spaces in the body.

Dec 13, 2015, 11:17 PM

To your post, the matchups for the SEC look favorable, so I don't expect them to perform as poorly as last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I think you have good posts, but you have to put some spaces in the body.

Dec 13, 2015, 11:19 PM

I agree, they are matched up against a bunch of weak teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC teams favored to win 9 of 10 bowl games......

Dec 13, 2015, 11:21 PM

Are not most of the SEC teams scheduled against teams that are ranked at least ten ranks lower then themselves currently? Should not Clemson be playing Mich St instead of OK(best team of the other 3) for the first game? So in the end are not the SEC teams scheduled to give them the best possible outcomes?

Is this not the opposite of how the ACC teams are scheduled against their opponents for the bowl games
exp ACC number 38 vs some other conference number 28.

Have not looked but this would be the plausible SEC is great conspiracy set up -

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2015, 11:26 PM

Well it could backfire, if they lose these matchups all will be lost and they will be laughing stock

Dec 13, 2015, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC teams favored to win 9 of 10 bowl games...... ]

Yes. The SEC schedules weaklings for the bowls. I posted a long analysis of their match-ups last year. Same story again I'm sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2015, 11:57 PM

Yes games may be favorable again for SEC BUT no way they go 9 - 1 in bowls....SEC is weak and watered down again this year....look for them to win maybe 6 or 7 (if they get some lucky breaks) of these games......and ACC will win 4 or 5 (not 2) of their bowls.....Go Tigers!!!!

Good!

Dec 13, 2015, 11:29 PM

WE HAVE THEM RIGHT WHERE WE WANT THEM!

SEC will NOT win nine bowl games!***

Dec 13, 2015, 11:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC will NOT win nine bowl games!***

Dec 14, 2015, 12:03 AM

I didn't know 9 were bowl eligible ,.,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of the West teams and 3 of 7 of the East teams

Dec 14, 2015, 5:53 AM

are eligible

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC will NOT win nine bowl games!***

Dec 14, 2015, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC will NOT win nine bowl games!*** ]

Agree. Miss State has bn grossly over-ranked all season. NC State should roll in that one.

Also, SEC supporters on the CFP panel bumped Mich St over Oky since they were scared of Bama playing the Oky spread.

How would you pick the games?

Dec 14, 2015, 1:08 AM

SEC

LSU vs. TT
- I'd pick LSU. This was a gift match-up for them, as TT is 7-5 and has the second to last ranked defense in the whole country. Their rush defense is third to last in the country, so Fournette could end up with like 300 yards. LSU won't even need to try using their awful passing attack.

Auburn vs. Memphis
- I'm actually surprised Memphis isn't favored in this game. But Memphis lost 3 of their 4, and 2 of those games weren't even close. Auburn was a little bit better towards the end of the season, but were they playing so much better that the should be expected to beat a team that easily handled Ole Miss? I'd pick Memphis in this one.

NC State vs. Miss St
- These teams seem pretty equal. NC State's defense is a little better than Mississippi State's, and Mississippi State's offense is a little better than NC State's. I see this game being close, but Mississippi State has the better talent and has played better competition, so I'd expect them to win (even though I wouldn't be surprised at all if NC State won).

TAMU vs. UofL
- Neither of these teams have been great offensively, but TAMU has been a little better on offense. UofL has been better on defense than TAMU, but not by so much that I'd expect domination. This will also basically be a home game for TAMU in Dallas, so while I think this is a good match-up, I'd expect TAMU to win.

Michigan St. vs. Bama
- Mi. St., I think, is clearly the worst of the playoff teams. Bama got a gift when MSU moved up to #3 and OU was bumped down to 4th. While Michigan State has been solid on defense, that's entirely because of their run defense. That match-up could pose a problem for Bama if Mi. St. can slow Henry down enough to make Bama pass. But since Mi. St. doesn't do anything particularly well offensively, I can see them wearing down eventually. Bama wins.

Northwestern vs. Tennessee
- Northwestern is terrible offensively, but their defense has been very good. Tennessee as just OK on both sides of the ball. I can see this one being close because of NW's defense, but Tennessee has too many athletes. UT wins, but probably a close, low scoring game.

Michigan vs. Florida
- Two pretty bad offenses attached to two really good defenses face off. Unfortunately for Florida, their offense is historically bad without Will Grier, while Michigan's is serviceable. I see something like what happened in UF's game against Bama happening. UM wins.

Oklahoma St vs. Ole Miss
- Ole Miss is a lot more talented, but there might be some question marks with the Nkimdeches trying to sabotage themselves. OSU's defense is terrible, so it might not matter whether Mason Rudolph is ready to go against Ole Miss.

PSU vs. UGa
- I don't think PSU will be able to score on UGa. If UGa can put up just a few points, they should win this game. Of course, UGa will be breaking in a whole new coaching staff, so that could put things a little bit in question.

KSU vs. Arky
- Arky should win easily.

So, even going through the games in a little more detail, you're still looking reasonably at 8-2 for the SEC. If they lose all the games that should be close (PSU vs. UGa, UM vs. FL, NW vs. UT, NC St vs. Miss St, UofL vs. TAMU, Auburn vs. Memphis), you're still looking at no more than 5 or 6 losses. They'd basically have to lose every game where the match-up was close to have a losing record.

As far as the ACC's bowl match ups go, I wouldn't expect either NC State or UofL to be favored in their games agains SEC opponents, although I think both have the potential to win. The only teams I think ought to be favored are VT, FSU, and maybe UNC.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what happens

Dec 14, 2015, 6:50 AM

When the SEC front office picks the matchups instead of the bowl committees, and not only that but the SEC apparently gets to place their teams second--IOW they already know who the other team is, so they can tailor their bowl entries to match. It's bullsh!t, and makes a mockery of a bowl system that's already on weak ground. They're manipulating the system and the bowls are just bending over and taking it. Of course when most of the lower-tier bowls are owned by--or at least heavily manipulated by--by the SEC's biggest business partner, ESPN, you can see how they'd have a built-in advantage.

How many are actually playing higher ranked opponents?***

Dec 14, 2015, 7:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,531
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic