Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC hires coaching search firm.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,594

SC hires coaching search firm.

Nov 17, 2020, 9:07 PM

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/gamecocks-hire-firm-for-head-coaching-search#:~:text=The%20Gamecocks%20have%20hired%20Chad,Adam%20Rittenberg%20tweeted%20Tuesday%20night

I may be giving them way too much credit, but unless Tanner and company are totally clueless, when (if) the truth comes out it will be noted that they hired this firm a month ago at least. At least that is the way schools normally do it now.

When you first get the inkling that you may have to fire the coach you hire a frim "to start the process."

Initial contract is sometimes called a "Just in Case" contract. "We may not fire our coach, but just in case we have to, check around and discreetly make some contacts and give us an idea of who is available and would be interested - just in case."

Firm contacts agents and puts out feelers. Firm reports info to university. All of it very discreetly and "off the record." By the time the coach is fired, the firm has provided a list of potential candidates and the parameters needed to hire the coaches.

At least that has been the procedure in the past several years.

Note: FSU did not use this process when they hired Taggart. They didn't hire a firm. They didn't do a serious search. They knew Taggart has FSU as his "dream job." They called him, offered him the job and he took it. They did use this process when they hired Norvell. Norvell met with the hiring firm at least once, and maybe twice, before he ever met with anyone from FSU.

Every hire is a risk. No guarantees that this process will give you a successful coach. But, the odds are a lot better if you do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC hires coaching search firm.

Nov 17, 2020, 9:21 PM

So what happens when the firm fires the client because they know they can't win?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2020, 9:21 PM

Truth of the matter is that Dabo has gotten what he has done with Clemson through a very lot of hard work and talking with people that he trusted that has had success, and he knew they would be truthful to him bc their HC careers were over. Dabo did it the hard way, but he did it the best way with his long time trusted friends and a bunch of hours of hard hard work!!! But what he has built, is built solid and will last!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 6:52 AM

I heard Joe is using the same firm.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 10:16 AM

I think it is an extremely bad sign that the bosses at South Carolina that run athletics, don’t have any confidence in their own ability to identify and hire a good coach. I say that if you are not competent enough to hire your own people, then you are probably not competent to hold your position of authority.

Nov 18, 2020, 10:24 AM

Not the firm I expected:

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,594
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic