Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SBH BBQ on Pelham Rd wins world championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

SBH BBQ on Pelham Rd wins world championship

Nov 16, 2020, 5:43 PM

In Kansas City competition I think

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it good?

Nov 16, 2020, 6:01 PM

Let's send in cu85tiger® ringknocker85 and Father G® to find out

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never been there***

Nov 16, 2020, 6:03 PM

Neva been there, but did hear

Nov 16, 2020, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Is it good? ]

it is good.

Still....I got Smoky Dreams #1 in the upstate. Best thing about BBQ, you need more sampling all the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some pulled pork in GA kills any SC i've had.

Nov 16, 2020, 6:39 PM

all i know. ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you probably had some good stuff in Ga then

Nov 16, 2020, 6:43 PM

and some poor stuff in SC.

BTW, I rarely get pulled pork out since I really like mine better than most I eat at a restaurant - now competition pulled pork can be amazing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, you probably had some good stuff in Ga then

Nov 16, 2020, 7:30 PM

I have to agree with you on the pull pork. You make the best @ home because it the way you like it. In those BBQ contest you never know what the judges are looking for in the BBQ.

Oh, that's easy

Nov 16, 2020, 7:47 PM

appearance, aroma, tenderness, texture, taste

:)

Re: Oh, that's easy

Nov 16, 2020, 8:30 PM

That last thing taste. Different people have different taste.

Just because you like pickled mutton doesn’t mean

Nov 16, 2020, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Some pulled pork in GA kills any SC i've had. ]

you have to insult real bbq.

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Groce. Tell me where to get some.

Nov 16, 2020, 6:46 PM

And it better not be mush.

Fine.

Nov 16, 2020, 6:52 PM

Where's 19B?

Midway from Buffalo catered the wedding I was at Saturday

Nov 16, 2020, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Groce. Tell me where to get some. ]

and it was true pulled pork, nice sized pieces not chopped to death and not pulled so thin it was dried out.

Problem with most restaurant pork is they cook it all to be done at 11:30 and let it stew the rest of the day.

I’ll eat my own any day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Love midway.

Nov 17, 2020, 7:50 AM

Used to have a sales route I went down there once a week to union. Ate at midway almost every weds.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can get mutton bbq in KY.

Nov 16, 2020, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Just because you like pickled mutton doesn’t mean ]

don't know about pickled, never heard of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some pulled pork in GA kills any SC i've had.

Nov 16, 2020, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Some pulled pork in GA kills any SC i've had. ]

There is a good BBQ place in Dillsboro NC (Haywood Smokehouse). Its really the only place to eat there @ night. We went leaf watching and ending up eating there.

fresh off the smoker makes a world of difference.***

Nov 16, 2020, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Neva been there, but did hear ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have very good ribs and smoked brisket burgers***

Nov 16, 2020, 6:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's not bbq. ;)***

Nov 16, 2020, 6:42 PM

Sheeeit. Swig & Swine started $5 Burger Night on Tuesdays

Nov 16, 2020, 7:57 PM

a coupla weeks ago. I haven't hit it yet, but LOOK at this smoked brisket burger. LOOK AT IT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We ate at the S&S (off hwy 41?) Mt P? somewhere over there

Nov 16, 2020, 8:02 PM

when it first opened and I have to say it was the worst ribs, bbq and sides I have ever paid good money for.

SO disappointed.

Huh. Mebbe they had some early jitters at some of their

Nov 16, 2020, 8:07 PM

locations. They've hit their stride pretty well. Half price wings on Wednesdays is killer--25 yuge wings for $15. It has to be 4+ lbs. of wings. They "invented" the Everything wing (like the bagel), or at least that's the first time I've heard of that attempted on a wing. It's killer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is a roll of paper towels included in the price?

Nov 16, 2020, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Sheeeit. Swig & Swine started $5 Burger Night on Tuesdays ]

seriously, that looks seriously good.

Re: SBH BBQ on Pelham Rd wins world championship

Nov 16, 2020, 6:38 PM

Never heard of it but the food on their website looks great, odd they’re only open Wednesday and Thursday.

True dat. Most good places are Thur/Fri/Sat***

Nov 16, 2020, 6:39 PM

Some places around here pull those hours, and they awful.

lol

Yeah but I didn’t see their name on the call list at

Pickens Saturday. Must be skeert of real competition.

They’ve been on my “to try” list for awhile, just haven’t made it yet. They’re in aerozeptallica‘s backyard- wonder if he’s been.

It will be tough to beat Smoky Dreams.

Don’t send ringknocker85, he don’t know schyatt about bbq.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I heard Ringknocker85 was the boss of Q!

Nov 16, 2020, 6:45 PM

;)

I have been to SBH a few times. Pretty good, tad pricey,

Nov 16, 2020, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Yeah but I didn’t see their name on the call list at ]

and since I don't drive to work at all any more they are pretty far away. I say they are totally worth giving a shot to see if they suit your style.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best brisket I’ve ever had.

Nov 16, 2020, 6:44 PM

But I’ve only had that style brisket maybe 10 times in my life. So it’s not necessarily saying much. But absolutely amazing compared to anything else I’ve had. It ain’t cheap and they do limit how much they let you order so be prepared for that.

Re: SBH BBQ on Pelham Rd wins world championship

Nov 16, 2020, 6:53 PM

Menu looks great.

https://www.sbhbbq.com/

They must have cooked it in a crockpot like your supposed to***

Nov 16, 2020, 7:07 PM

You mean that stuff they call bbq in Ohio?

Nov 16, 2020, 8:51 PM

Sloppy joe

null

Re: You mean that stuff they call bbq in Ohio?

Nov 17, 2020, 8:48 AM

They have BBQ in Ohio? Who knew?

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic