Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Running game on Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Running game on Saturday

Nov 14, 2016, 7:18 PM

I was unable to watch the game on Saturday because of family reasons, but was hoping someone could tell me what was going on with our running game? I'm imagining it must have been nearly nonexistent if we had all of the passes and run plays switched to pass plays by #4?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running game on Saturday

Nov 14, 2016, 7:23 PM

It wasn't good. Still wish Gallman would get more carries. Regardless, we're not run blocking, pure and simple.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had matchup advantages in the secondary however

Nov 14, 2016, 7:26 PM

When we did run it was too predictable and bad scheme. Pitt gave our wrs a cushion all game and we took it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

We had matchup advantages in the secondary however

Nov 14, 2016, 7:26 PM

When we did run it was too predictable and bad scheme. Pitt gave our wrs a cushion all game and we took it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

We can't run block well this year IMO.

Nov 14, 2016, 7:31 PM

The right side of our Oline gets pushed back on many running plays, and don't seem to "hold their blocks" (without being called for holding anyways) like we did last year. IMO, losing E. Mack after last season turned out to be a much bigger deal than I thought it would be this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 7:34 PM

Pittsburg stopped our running game because they figured out early on that Watson wasn't going to run it. So, they only had to focus on stopping the tailback

Nov 15, 2016, 11:36 AM

Thanks. If we don't find some way to get something working we aren't going anywhere close to the title game IMHO. D. Watson is nowhere near the running threat he was last year. This may be fine and could be intentional. However, he almost appears surprised himself when he cuts loose and gains more than 10 yards this year. Last year it was expected.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic