Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Running Thread. Any of you guys runners?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 649

Running Thread. Any of you guys runners?

Mar 1, 2021, 7:30 AM

I am looking for a new pair, what would you recommend? I hear HOKA's are good. What do you have? Great time of year to be put running.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Altra Viho currently, but they were only $50 on

Mar 1, 2021, 7:43 AM

runningwarehouse.com
These are my first Altras and I will buy more, but these wouldn't be good for much more than 10 miles. Weird toe box as well, a little more narrow than other Altras are supposedly built. Again, I got a deal on them so I went with it.

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Altra_Viho/descpage-AVH1MGW.html

Also have some Nike Terra Kiger 6's for trails and light road work. They are good and look even better. Got them in the Kumquat/Black-Atomic Pink-Green Spark colorway which is basically orange and green.

https://www.backcountry.com/nike-air-zoom-terra-kiger-4-trail-running-shoe-mens?skid=NKEW0H0-AURBLUFOA-S80&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6bmlrZSB0ZXJyYSBraWdlciA2OjE6MTpuaWtlIHRlcnJhIGtpZ2VyIDY=

I usually run in Saucony Freedoms but they are so dang pricey and the newest colorways are pretty bland, so I tried to step out. My last 4-5 pair of running shoes were Saucony Freedom ISOs.

My wife has been running in Nike Pegasus 36 and 37s and likes them. She also has Pegasus Trail shoes which she really likes. I may snag a pair of those Pegasus Trail 2s soon, not sure though.

https://www.backcountry.com/nike-pegasus-trail-2-running-shoe-mens?skid=NKEW0QR&INT_ID=AP_pdp|>https://www.backcountry.com/nike-pegasus-trail-2-running-shoe-mens?skid=NKEW0QR&INT_ID=AP_pdp|pdp_NA_NA_REC-CN_REC-NKEW0QR_2_20210301&ti=QVBfcGRwfHBkcF9OQV9OQV9SRUMtQ05fUkVDLU5LRVcwUVJfMl8yMDIxMDMwMQ==

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just bought a pair of Kumquat Wildhorse 6

Mar 1, 2021, 8:24 AM

because discontinued and on sale. Ugly shoes. Have the Terra Kiger 5, but am liking the Wildhorses a bit better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was going to do the same, but the Wildhorse has that

Mar 1, 2021, 8:36 AM

higher sock and I thought it might pull down my tab socks.

I have not bought Nike running shoes in years, but the Terra Kigers have been GREAT so far. Wife really likes her Pegasus as well, maybe too much since she has 3-4 pair.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the same, but it's great and helps keep

Mar 1, 2021, 8:57 AM

sand and rocks out. I like the Terra Kigers better over more technical trails with roots/rocks and the Wildhorses are better over smoother trails. The Wildhorses are definitely better in sand which is what I get to deal with a lot.

I'm not a fan of Pegasus so never considered the trail version.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running Thread. Any of you guys runners?

Mar 1, 2021, 7:50 AM

Topo.

https://www.topoathletic.com/

Mar 1, 2021, 7:55 AM

Road or Trail running?

I recently bought a pair of Hokas for road. They are definitely cloud-like with the cushion. However, they feel too wide for my feet.

Everyone's feet are unique so I recommend going to a reputable shoe store and getting fitted - even if includes analyzing your gait.

Topo's are great for trail running

I don't run because it's easier to stand and fight.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:08 AM

But I did score another pair of Avia shoes from the clearance rack at Walmart yesterday for $5.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On running shoes.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:10 AM

That’s the brand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got a pair of these for my birthday

Mar 1, 2021, 8:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: I got a pair of these for my birthday

Mar 1, 2021, 8:32 AM

Those are the best. Done deal. Thank you!

Actually these are a nearly perfect pair of shoes.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:06 AM [ in reply to I got a pair of these for my birthday ]

For taking the grandkids to Disney World, I mean.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm switching to New Balance 1080v10 in my next shoe.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:33 AM

Am currently running most of my miles in the Nike Epic React Flyknit 2 but they appear to have been discontinued. I really should have bought the New Balance a year ago but bought a couple pairds of the Flyknits while I could still get them.

I bought a pair of New Balance RC Elite for my marathon and they were worth the money, but definitely not a daily shoe due to price and (I assume) limited mileage.

I don't understand the Hoka love. They seem big and bulky to me.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:42 AM

I used to run a lot, multiple marathons, etc., but long ago my knee cartilage finally convinced me to move on to something else. I hike with Hokas. They are light, very cushiony and have a wide footprint, but personally if I were still running, I wouldn't choose Hokas. They are honestly a bit too cushiony. They take a bit to get used to even with hiking--moon shoe effect. I love 'em for hiking, but would vote no on Hokas to run in. Enjoy running while you can. The day will probably come when either your back or knees tell you to stop. I envy you though!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with this 100% Hokas seem, to me, to be people

Mar 1, 2021, 8:49 AM

who are trying a last ditch effort to keep running with terrible joints. They do have a real trail running niche though.

Brooks Adrenalines/Glycerines and Saucony Guides/Hurricanes are very cushiony road running shoes and there is a model for pronators and non-pronators. Asics and others have similar shoes as well.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:14 AM

We should get tigermanac®'s opinion as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 9:19 AM

It's good for him that he is not a horse.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 649
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic