Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Running Back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Running Back

Jan 20, 2019, 7:43 PM

Our staff offered Dukes. Does anyone know if we have room for Ealy and Dukes or is Ealy off the board ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running Back

Jan 20, 2019, 7:49 PM

I get the feeling this is a "fall back" guy in case we don't get Ealy and Dukes has been made aware of his status. I don't see why we would take both.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2019, 7:52 PM

Ealy is still mulling over the MLB draft with his agent. Not sure if he will even join us, but I'm almost certain that if he attends Clemson we wouldn't use a Football Scholarship on him. He would be a starter for sure because of his skill and athleticism, but he would enroll at Clemson on a Baseball Scholarship. Then again, I'm not too savvy on collegiate scholarship rules with the NCAA.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Jan 20, 2019, 7:57 PM

Thank you guys for the information.

If Ealy comes ,he'll be on Football Scholarship

Jan 20, 2019, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Running Back ]

Because of NCAA rules, he'll be counted towards Football if he plays a down,gives baseball a much needed freebie.

Jan 20, 2019, 8:16 PM

Paul Strelow talked about this past Thursday on Wccp with Mickey. I recall Paul stating that if Clemson does indeed extend and offer to Dukes, then it would be a sign that the Clemson staff doesn't feel good about their position with Ealy.

Jan 20, 2019, 8:38 PM

Signing Ealy could be what drives Feaster to transfer. Then there's no guarantee that Ealy sticks with football after the MLB Draft. I'm sure the coaches would like at least 4 RBs on the roster. Signing Dukes guarantees that under the worst-case scenario.

They seem to be prepared to sign both if they both

Jan 20, 2019, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Running Back ]

commit. Based on all info out there, Feaster isn't going anywhere.

Re: They seem to be prepared to sign both if they both

Jan 20, 2019, 9:05 PM

Adding another 5* RB might be cause to reassess things I assume.

Jan 20, 2019, 8:40 PM

I am told Clemson will take both if they want to commit. BTW we don’t take fall back players....if Elliott and Dabo offer it is because they believe they can play

Jan 20, 2019, 9:01 PM

We take fall back players (Kaleb Boateng) all the time. It doesn't mean they aren't good players. No one gets all of their top choices in recruiting. If baseball wasn't a factor with Ealy. I seriously doubt Dukes would have an offer. Why wait so late to offer otherwise?

ETN was a fall back player as well***

Jan 22, 2019, 4:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ETN was a fall back player as well***

Jan 22, 2019, 7:26 AM

That's a lot to ingest . That a player of Travis's character and football talent was left uncommitted that late in the process .
Another clear indication that Dabo Swinney and his staff are the best recruiters in college football .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 20, 2019, 8:43 PM

Ealy and Dukes are both takes. The offer to Dukes does not mean Clemson is out of it with Ealy

Ealy will more than likely sign with Clemson in February. Whether he actually plays at Clemson will depend on how high he is taken in June’s mlb draft. Elliot would prefer to have 6 RBs on the roster so the thought is adding Dukes and Ealy would make 6

Jan 20, 2019, 8:56 PM

Don't know anything about him, but that he doesn't have too many big offers. How good to you think he'll be?

Jan 20, 2019, 9:05 PM

Unless the coaching staff thinks feaster is on his way out. And Travis probably will be gone after this upcoming year.

Jan 20, 2019, 9:12 PM

Looked at Dukes film.....he's very poised...fast....shifty....powerful and appears he can catch. Looks to be a hidden talent that makes 3 stars be more desired...

Jan 20, 2019, 9:18 PM

If both want to come, we have room, now that Mullens and Lamar made their I,mentions known. The offer had nothing to do with Ealy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 7:44 PM

Mullens and Lamar aren't on the Scholarship Roster. We are at the max which is 85. Unless Feaster plans on leaving and maybe a scholarship is pulled. I think we offer and sign both, but one will enter as a preferred walk-on.

https://www.tigernet.com/view/scholarships/football.do

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Jan 21, 2019, 7:57 PM

Mullens and Lamar aren't on the scholarship roster? Did they graduate in December?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to click on the Football icon on Front

Jan 21, 2019, 10:14 PM

Page and again on Scholarships. It has been updated with 2019 recruits as redshirts with total currently at 85. But I think a couple are walk-ons who might only have scholarship for a couple of semesters since they were available after Belk, Bryant, & possibly another left after the summer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Running Back ]

Not for 2019 because they are leaving. I provided a link to the 2019 Roster.

~Chesty Puller

We will lose a couple more by fall for sure

Jan 22, 2019, 4:30 AM

some will transfer or quit. It happens every year to every team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic