Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rubbing The Rock Writer got it right about our inept Oline!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Rubbing The Rock Writer got it right about our inept Oline!

Nov 3, 2020, 1:26 PM

Says we run a Zone-Blocking Scheme that simply covers up the defensive linemen in front of you and “hoping” to create a running lane.

With our Olinemen being so big, so strong & so fast, we should employ a Man-Blocking scheme that utilizes that advantage.

Also, writer said Dabo knows this and showed it by not going for 4th & 1 in last minutes of game and sadly & dangerously called for a punt to a team with a QB good enough to bring the ball back down the field, but didn’t due to his team making too many mistakes in the last 2 minutes.

Saying, we were lucky but might not have been with a NDame or Alabama.

What think you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need more info. What is this person's coaching

Nov 3, 2020, 1:31 PM

Resume? I'll need to compare it to Dabos

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Do you need a degree from Johnson and Wales to tell if

Nov 3, 2020, 2:03 PM

toast is burnt?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would believe a Johnson and walls graduate

Nov 4, 2020, 9:02 AM

With a degree in burnt toast more than an internet rando.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

There are those that can see it for themselves and those

Nov 5, 2020, 2:10 PM

that need to walk with the shepherd...My eyes are open, you can't seem to tell the toast is burnt

I think anyone with eyes can see our OL has been bad

Nov 5, 2020, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Do you need a degree from Johnson and Wales to tell if ]

It does take some actual knowledge to offer an intelligent solution to the problem though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rubbing The Rock Writer got it right about our inept Oline!

Nov 3, 2020, 1:32 PM

We were 3 for 3 on 4th down. I think Dabo trusted his defense, even after a down half, to finish the game...and they did.

null

Nov 3, 2020, 4:11 PM

The line allowed one sack in forty plus pass attempts, the rush average was a little bit less than four yards per attempt, which I don't think is too bad against a stacked defense, third down percentage was better than fifty percent, fourth down percentage was 100 percent. So far I'm not dissatisfied with the offensive line. I believe they are only going to get better. The knock seems to be run blocking. Well it's kinda tough blocking six, seven, and sometimes even eight, with only five, maybe six if you count the H back. Opposing defenses study our formations and tendencies too. Maybe they sometimes know what play might be coming. Like I said; I believe they'll get better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 5:09 PM

Plus four of the five are getting their first real starting experience.

Frankly, that was some of the worst "analysis" I have seen

Nov 3, 2020, 1:33 PM

He may be right that our OL has underperformed, but his analysis and solution were laughable.

Zone blocking is the way to go. I don’t like the way we

Nov 3, 2020, 1:41 PM

Execute it though

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 1:41 PM

disagree

1 - Dabo has always put the game in the D's hands more often than not. Don't risk a snap/handoff with a backup QB. The timing is not quite there. Dabo gave the D a chance and got it right. For BC, that last drive would require more yards than the 70 they amassed in the 2nd Half. While the 1st half was a mess, the D played perfectly in the 2nd.

2. - Our OL is actually very good even if power running isn't their strong suite. Our offense is all about busting big plays and moving with speed in space. Forcing something in a potential weak area is never good. Play to your strength. Our goal is to provide a lane and that lane is capable of a 10-90 yard TD... even if it is not the best at getting a 1-3 yard gain.

3. - ETN has never been a power, short yardage back. Not sure if that would do much if he was but you don't build towards that style if your talent dictates that he is lethal with a gap.

4. Finally, if you have a QB like TL or DJ or even Watson, do you build towards a power running game or something that spreads and protects?

Nov 3, 2020, 1:45 PM

I will go with Dabo over some unknown blog writer who cherry picks facts to fit his narrative. In fact Dabo did the calculation that it was better to pin them deep given the time remaining than to risk the 4th and 1 on the ~ 50. Had we gone for it on 4th and 1 and not gotten the 1st this same blog writer would have likely questioned why we did not punt the ball.

Nov 3, 2020, 1:54 PM

I trust that our coaches know which blocking scheme best suits the strengths of our O-Linemen, or best suits what we want to be our offensive strength. IMO, the punt was the correct call. Imagine if we went for it on 4th down and didn't make it. And then, on the very next play, we have a DB that falls down, leaving a wide open BC receiver for an easy TD. Or the refs call us for PI to set up BC for a score.

There was no luck involved in our comeback. We fought hard and overcame poor play and questionable officiating. As for ND, until they prove otherwise, they are more comparable to other teams in the ACC, than Bama (IMO).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

I think writer is a corndog or coot

Nov 3, 2020, 1:55 PM

Or just stupid

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 1:57 PM

We appear to have some issues but, I don't think scheme is the problem. Consistent technique maybe...

I didn't complain at all when we smoked Alabama 44-16, ran well most of the game, and ran the clock out the final 11 minutes of the game.

We'll see how they develop. Hopefully, improvement will be noticed with these guys while other guys get reps to improve.

How many of the starters from the 2018 OL are still here?***

Nov 3, 2020, 2:05 PM

I could've ran through the hole when ETN scored***

Nov 3, 2020, 1:58 PM

Nov 3, 2020, 2:00 PM

It is just clear from Sat. We have 2 plays stuffed from the 2 then run a heavy package and fumble but the way it was going if we held the ball we'd have been stopped. BC gets down to the 2 and knocks it in on the first play for a td. With a back like TE w ought to be able to get 2 yards.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't blame the O-line but yes, this is right.

Nov 3, 2020, 3:37 PM

And a more aggressive blocking scheme would also help us pass-block. This is the new-age blocking strategy where coaches like to put in all these RPOs rather than use fundamentals and strategy to hit the other team in the mouth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't blame the O-line but yes, this is right.

Nov 3, 2020, 3:51 PM

yeah if I hear anymore talk of taking what the D gives us I'll scream

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't blame the O-line but yes, this is right.

Nov 3, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to I don't blame the O-line but yes, this is right. ]

And a more aggressive blocking scheme would also help us pass-block. This is the new-age blocking strategy where coaches like to put in all these RPOs rather than use fundamentals and strategy to hit the other team in the mouth.

Pass protection is fine.

Nov 3, 2020, 6:38 PM

Punting would have been my call, but I'm not a coaching genius, like this writer.

I respectfully disagree Bill

Nov 4, 2020, 7:55 AM

that the writer is correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 4, 2020, 12:29 PM

The writer should not second guess a coach who has 5 CFP Playoffs, 4 national finals, 2 CFP championships to his credit. I would say said coach knows what he is doing. You gotta love these armchair coaches and quaterbacks

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic