Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer?

May 7, 2014, 7:14 AM

Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer?

Which players have the edge on the offensive line following the spring and heading into the summer workouts? In the second part of a series, TigerNet takes a way-too-early look at the top spots on the depth chart. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer?

May 7, 2014, 7:46 AM

What has happened to the VERY highly rated lineman we signed two years ago. We were extremely excited over his signing. Obviously can't remember his name.

crowder, the redshirt freshman?***

May 7, 2014, 7:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome. How about a link?***

May 7, 2014, 7:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Ship has sailed on MacLain at Tackle. He's a Guard

May 7, 2014, 8:15 AM

When he added his weight, I think he lost a lot of his lateral mobility, which you must have to be an effective tackle. He's been a turnstile in practices and scrimmages at the Tackle position. However, he should be able to find a home at Guard.

I'm pretty certain the RT competition will be between Anthony, Gore, and Davis unless there's a Shatley-like revelation where they switch a guy on the D-Line to offense. If Battle goes down next year, we're totally screwed. Stoudt will have a hard time staying upright.

Pics?***

May 7, 2014, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Awesome. How about a link?*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: crowder, the redshirt freshman?***

May 7, 2014, 5:22 PM [ in reply to crowder, the redshirt freshman?*** ]

I still think Tyrone Crowder is going to help our O tremendously. I love to see him pancake people. Not sure why we don't hear more about him though.

May 7, 2014, 8:11 AM

should be an interesting day for the tigers August 30th, more especially w/o Beasley and Anthony.

May 7, 2014, 8:12 AM

uh, how many yall gonna have out.

May 7, 2014, 8:42 AM

not sure but morris' Oline is going to be very limited in both experience and numbers. Not sure he'll have a 2-deep ready to play at GA. You have some boys on that line with weight issues as well.....even more so in the 2nd string. Pruitt is going to bring the heat and i don't think you'll have the players to substitute with two projected starters out.

May 7, 2014, 8:52 AM

Go suck a fat one dawg. I can't wait until my Tigers whoop that ***. And you better believe I'll be the first one to troll every Georgia board. Caldwell will have that line ready and Morris with Stoudt at quarterback will bring back memories from the 63-17 game with the ever so famous phrase," TOUCHDOWN CLEMSON". That is all.... GO TIGERS

Proud Clemson Fan and Active Brother of the Kappa Alpha Order

" Dieu et les Dames"

May 7, 2014, 10:17 PM

Do you really believe that s###?

May 7, 2014, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer? ]

It will be a gtough job playing "Between The Hedges" - particularly after we spanked your ### last year.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 7, 2014, 10:20 PM

"Spanked?" As I recall, it was a very tough game. We could get humiliated in Athens, very easily. UGA is loaded. We aren't. It is what it is.

May 7, 2014, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer? ]

I sure am scared.

May 7, 2014, 10:21 PM

Me too. Our OL will be mediocre at best.

I'm willing to bet you

May 7, 2014, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer? ]

that your boy Richt and company will have at least 2 players out on August 30th. Would you be comfortable taking the under on that? If so, feel free to Tmail me. If not, worry about your own players. Lord knows you guys have no question marks on O! Our team was too fat, and not deep enough last year either right? Bring your heat! I'll raise you a Vic Beasley and a Grady Jarrett against most any college O-line, much less a first year starter at QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait a minute....

May 7, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer? ]

weren't we supposed to have issues with you guys last year too? ;)

May 7, 2014, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer? ]

Experience issues? Battle was a starter last year, Norton started last year, and Beasley and Davis split time at guard. That leaves RT as a question mark. It's only May though. I still expect 4-5 more Dawg suspensions before August 30th, Pruitt may not have any heat to bring.

Didn't you guys say the same last year?***

May 7, 2014, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer? ]

May 7, 2014, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer? ]

That would definitely depend on who are they are playing the first game. If its some one with a pulse, NOBODY will be serving a suspension.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2014, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer? ]

You sure talk a lot of smack for a fan of a team on the losing side last year... like your team has no question marks. How did that work for you then? Just curious.

May 7, 2014, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Offensive line: Who has the edge heading into summer? ]

Beasley out? When?

May 7, 2014, 10:39 AM

He is one of the 4 that got in trouble months ago....David though, not Vic.

Right Tackle scares the crap out of me***

May 7, 2014, 11:40 AM

Re: Right Tackle scares the crap out of me***

May 7, 2014, 12:00 PM

The fact that we are in Dabo's 6th year (or close to it) and no one seems confident in our O-line is very concerning. Meanwhile, our feathered friends down the road are slated to have the possibly the best O-line in the country this year. It is simply ridiculous that we haven't either recruited better or developed what we have. We either have a good offense and bad defense, or it's the other way around, but can't get both squads aligned at the same time.

Yep, because those 11 win seasons and bowl W's

May 7, 2014, 12:08 PM

Just keep falling in our not very good lap.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2014, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Right Tackle scares the crap out of me*** ]

Ummm, Mr.HotTub Time-Machine, we had a good offense and defense last year. I'm gonna need for you leave the 1990's and get to the Future.

May 7, 2014, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Right Tackle scares the crap out of me*** ]

My god, some realistic comments. You must be a "coot," at least according to some of the lamebrains who post here.

Our Oline is practicing against one of the best

May 7, 2014, 4:48 PM

And deepest Dlines's in the country everyday in practice. This will of course help out alot. Imo, I don't think there will be much of a drop off between last years oline.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic