Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Respect for Ohio State and their performance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,514

Respect for Ohio State and their performance

Dec 30, 2019, 10:16 AM

I cant believe I'm saying it because I've never cared much for their program, but I was very impressed with OSU. They had the best Defense we've played against in 3 years (including Alabama Notre Dame, Auburn, A&M, ____ SEC team we've crushed in that time span). But most of all, I was impressed with their coaching and preparation. I think this staff is already better than Urban Meyer's and that team was night and day better than the one Urban brought into that same stadium in 2016. Their game plan, the way they schemed, holding their poise, how they utilized their playmakers. As so often happens in a game like this between top teams, it comes down to the little things, and we checked all the boxes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Respect for Ohio State and their performance

Dec 30, 2019, 10:25 AM

True we were on the ropes early. They kick PATs instead of FG's and we have a real problem catching up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 10:36 AM

They played as good as they could against a better team, kind of like UNC. I will never respect a coach or players who continually cheap shot and try to injure the best player on a team. It was obvious the 0-4IO State coaches had their defense trying to take TL out.

TL was targeted (no pun) for multiple uncalled cheap shots and hits attempting to get him out of the game.

Play hard and hit hard but don't do it the way O-4IO State went about it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree that tOSU impressed me but I have a few questions for

Dec 30, 2019, 10:32 AM

those more knowledgeable than me.

1) Wasn't this largely an inherited staff and inherited players (plus a transfer QB)?
2) If so, how much do you credit Day for their success this season?
3) Is Day their next legend, or did we just see tOSU's last great chance for a little while slip away?
4) Day has already lost at least two assistants this year; can he find replacements and sustain this year's success?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree that tOSU impressed me but I have a few questions for

Dec 30, 2019, 10:39 AM

Day is widely perceived as a great offensive mind and is the reason Fields transferred there. If he continues to recruit great QB's other players will follow. If I am not mistaken Ohio St spends more money per recruit than any other school, so I see them to continue to win. One big thing Urban showed them was how important speed is and they will continue to recruit the south especially Florida.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree that tOSU impressed me but I have a few questions for

Dec 30, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Agree that tOSU impressed me but I have a few questions for ]

I think he's a good coach, still a little inexperienced as a HC, but that will come with time. I think what they did against us in the 1st quarter was incredible, and honestly I'm not sure why that stopped using what was working against us. I think they outplayed us in many areas except for the one that counts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holding their poise? I can point to 2 plays where poise

Dec 30, 2019, 10:34 AM

wasn't part of the equation.

They have talent and came out swinging for the fence, no question. That's as far as I go with the accolades. And by far the mouthiest, most delusional fan base north of Athens, GA.

A sweet, sweet victory, to be sure.

I meant generally, as in stemming our comeback run and retaking the lead.

Dec 30, 2019, 10:40 AM

Lots of team would have lost their poise and collapsed once a took the lead after being up 16-0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

They were a great football team

Dec 30, 2019, 10:44 AM

Probably the most complete and talented team I can remember Clemson playing in recent years. Don’t like how Day handled the postgame but thought he called a fantastic game offensively. Very rarely to opposing offenses have BV on his heels for much of the game.

*sigh* On his heels. LOL. OH St had 2 big runs by Dobbins.

Dec 30, 2019, 10:47 AM

They were very good, but Venables stoned them in the red zone. Against a talented team you're going to win some plays and lose some plays. The important thing is winning plays when it matters, and Venables did just that, and so did our offense.

Dec 30, 2019, 11:20 AM

I have no respect for the OSU program, especially the head coach who tells their players to be violent. This was quoted by Kirk Herbstreit on game night. Violent means hurting the QB or anybody that you can hit and injure them. The word “VIOLENT” is almost criminal. I don’t believe that the NCAA promotes the word VIOLENT in how they want the game played. If Trevor Lawrence had been taken to the Hospital after his illegal hit, what would Clemson fans be saying today? The hit on Tee Higgins getting his helmet ripped off was unnecessary roughness and should have been called. It’s a football game not a game to injure players. If OSU keeps this culture, then their coach should be fired , not congratulated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 12:17 PM

Reminded me of NCSU a few years back during season (on our running back) or Alabama (trying to hurt Watson) during our 1st visit to Natty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Respect for Ohio State and their performance ]

Reminded me of NCSU a few years back during season (on our running back) or Alabama (trying to hurt Watson) during our 1st visit to Natty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Respect for Ohio State and their performance ]

I respect the players and the way they played.

Dec 30, 2019, 12:20 PM

The coaches and fans not so much.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,514
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic