Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Religious Question Concerning Israel, Salvation and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Religious Question Concerning Israel, Salvation and

Feb 16, 2021, 6:34 PM

the Church, and the Millennial Kingdom: Is the Church raptured before or after the Millennial Kingdom? Does this matter to the "salvation" of Israel?

Serious question.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Religious Question Concerning Israel, Salvation and

Feb 16, 2021, 7:10 PM

before

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2021, 8:16 PM

Serious question...how prevalent/common is this literal belief that Christ will rule as King of the world in Jerusalem for 1000 years?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2021, 8:58 PM

Is there a literal belief more prevalent than the one I have inquired about?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2021, 10:45 PM

Well to me, it’s both fascinating and horrifying at the same time. I don’t take a literal interpretation of the Bible. I think to do so actually takes more than just belief...it also takes a suspension of disbelief. So, I’ve always been fascinated by those who believe so literally. I don’t say that as to judge, because I try very hard to respect another’s beliefs...but I fail often in that regard. So...apologies for hijacking your thread...but again, I find it fascinating.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2021, 8:18 AM

I agree, it is fascinating and horrifying. I think where we disagree in your comment is this, that one gives up the ability to [disbelieve] if they hold to a literal belief in the Scripture. For me, faith is not worth its weight if it can't be challenged and corrected if found to be in error. I think of it as "moving from milk to meat," as Paul teaches one must do. Too many people, though, are afraid to allow a challenge to their faith (understanding) and stand like a stone against any truth that changes what they believe about the Bible. I am not referring to science disproving the Bible here (see evolution), I am talking about Scripture against Scripture correction.

I have had to correct things that I believe myself. I have, also, had to leave some things in the "I can't explain it so I continue to take it as stated" bucket too. But that does not remove it from the the things I believe...it just hasn't been found to need correction through challenge yet.

Faith is a journey. Like the one Abraham made when God called him to a new land of promise. I imagine he had some pretty lofty ideas of what it would be like in that new land. After all, he did leave everything he knew behind - family and all - to follow the promise. What did he find when he arrived? A land filled with famine... so, why didn't he turn around and go back home when that truth captured him? Because he still believed in the promise from God. That though the land did not appear to be a place where he could make of himself a great nation upon his arrival, it would be eventually. Not that he had anyway to prove that though. It certainly would not be if he just quit on the promise.

It's early for me so I hope this rambling makes sense.

Hope you have a blessed day.

Feb 17, 2021, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Religious Question Concerning Israel, Salvation and ]

Certainly there are things in the Bible which are hard to wrap your mind around as being literal. That said, if God could raise Jesus from the dead, which I believe to be true, then I have to believe he is capable of everything the Bible says of him, no matter how difficult it may seem to grasp in my finite mind. I accept there are things in the Bible I don't understand. That doesn't mean they are wrong. It just means I don't understand.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic