Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting. We continuously receive updates about a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Recruiting. We continuously receive updates about a

Feb 14, 2020, 5:15 PM

highly recruited player having us in his top five or six. But I don’t get real excited because the top six are usually us, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Ohio State. But, I am excited that we have reached this level and, if we can get an official visit, Dabo will “do his thing” and we will get our fair share of them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting. We continuously receive updates about a

Feb 14, 2020, 5:22 PM

The coots have to fight it out with the likes of Vandy, East Carolina, Wofford and Georgia errr
Georgia State.

I’ll be honest

Feb 14, 2020, 5:36 PM

If Clemson wasn’t among the elite group, I would be very bored with college football right now. The parity seems to be decreasing each year

Re: I’ll be honest

Feb 14, 2020, 6:14 PM

I agree with your statement when speaking about the true title contenders. There are only a select few that have any realistic chance of winning a title each year. Fortunately we are one of them. But, I do think the parity has increased for everyone below that threshold. Oregon, Auburn, Texas, Michigan, etc. can all be beaten at any given moment by nearly any team. It appears to me the truly rich keep getting richer and the middle-upper class has sunk to form a very large middle class.

Wait until the “pay” kicks in for recruits / players.***

Feb 14, 2020, 6:29 PM [ in reply to I’ll be honest ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2020, 5:43 PM

We have reached the point where Clemson offers are coveted by most recruits even if they don't end up signing with us. Just look at the stats of how few we offer and how many we host for official visits. Often times Clemson no longer has room, but we are still listed in a recruit's Top 5 as a status symbol that shows they are a National level recruit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2020, 6:20 PM

I have a weird love/hate relationship with our recruiting success. Do you remember how amazing it was when we landed or were even considered by a 5*? The message boards were full of "insider" knowledge and dreams about how much it would change our roster, maybe even the program as a whole. Long conversations with fellow Clemson fans and my family member about "what if". The drama is now gone. The elation of signing a 5* (while great) doesn't hold the same "OMG I can't believe we got him".

Feb 14, 2020, 11:53 PM

If that past recruiting history turned you on, and you really miss it. there's only one cure for it.

Become a usuc fan/supporter. The joy you miss will return.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Genuinely Talented Problem Solver ^^^

Feb 15, 2020, 10:42 AM

Gets right to the solution immediately!

I do understand what you are saying, BUT I have found myself

Feb 15, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting. We continuously receive updates about a ]

"growing" to a different level of excitement by seeing Dabo's REAL mission and goal happening before our eyes: to build a program that grows MEN...fine, young men...into great husbands, fathers, citizens, leaders, professionals, and moral/godly men of character. Clearly, each individual must want to be that kind of man...and his development is mostly up to him...but Dabo is truly more than just concerned about winning on the field. He loves and cares for these young men, and he delights in far more than their performance on the field. If these players commit to the "whole person" development, winning will follow.

So, what I truly enjoy is learning about who these players are. I am certainly giddy over their football abilities, but I am equally interested in the character, family, and personal traits that led to their being Tigers.

I just love the stories about them and their families, and I often feel like I know them, even though I don't. It makes the game so much more special.

It never gets old.

Dabo is human and is capable of making mistakes. The staff could sign a player who causes trouble, but (a) I think they still care for the player, and (b) they seem to make the right decisions related to the player more often than not. As long as Dabo remains grounded in the Lord and grows the right way, we should see players and staff emerging out of our program who go on to do MUCH bigger things than just football.

So, whether it is a walk-on kicker or a 5-star DE or QB, they ALL were brought in as Clemson men, and I am intrigued with every class.

As Dabo said, "The best is yet to come!"

Re: Recruiting. We continuously receive updates about a***

Feb 15, 2020, 11:05 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic