Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Question! 4-D-Gurus!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Recruiting Question! 4-D-Gurus!

Sep 24, 2019, 6:26 PM

I keep up with recruiting more than the average fan. But, I am still unclear on something.

What percentage of game video, plays, etc. goes into a players ranking? Or put another way; does a players measurable's and performance in "select camps" get him graded? I ask because, "some players dominate the level of competition they play against"! Where others are just above average; but they are playing top notch competition. How are they really finding out who can play versus who is playing inferior competition?

I have heard what you do on the camp circuit counts far more than what you do for your High school football team. Is that true?
Would we ever see a kid not play H.S. ball or very little H.S. ball; but he makes sure he is in great physical shape and performs well at camp? Anyone know?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've posed an advanced guru-level 'cruitin'

Sep 24, 2019, 6:29 PM

Queshion. Not sure T-Net has any of those type gurus. I'm certainly not!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You've posed an advanced guru-level 'cruitin'

Sep 24, 2019, 7:52 PM

Salty55 Thanks! I am starting to believe you are Precise in your presumptuous assumptions, LOL!

I have to admit - I am a bit shocked somebody hasn't answered this though. I seriously don't know and can't really it online. Oh well!

Re: Recruiting Question! 4-D-Gurus!

Sep 24, 2019, 8:01 PM

Not sure this will answer your question, but I know that showing up at camps has a big impact. For example, I had one of the Clemson coaches tell me that Lannden Zanders would have easily been a 4 star but he did not show up at any camps

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 8:16 PM

gmansdad said:

Not sure this will answer your question, but I know that showing up at camps has a big impact. For example, I had one of the Clemson coaches tell me that Lannden Zanders would have easily been a 4 star but he did not show up at any camps

Yeah, Zanders looks every bit the part of a 4 star player! I didn't realize he was as well put together as he is. Plus, he has really good speed/height combination.

In his limited action he flashes for sure!

Sep 24, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Question! 4-D-Gurus! ]

Another great example of this is Ngata. From what I heard his school wasn't really big in sending them to camps so his status never really went up even though he was going up against some top tier competition in game. Most said he would've easily been a 5 Star and maybe the top rated receiver, but they didn't see him at camps like the others. Crazy how the simulation of a game environment means more than the actual game reps.

No guru but yes, rankings are all about the

Sep 24, 2019, 8:04 PM

camps. Sometimes if a recruit commits to a big time school, it will cue the recruiting sites on to them and they’l find out more about them. That’s why you sometimes see less known players from small schools move up in rankings later on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No guru but yes, rankings are all about the

Sep 24, 2019, 8:14 PM

Thanks guys! All good info.

Sep 24, 2019, 9:06 PM

Just think about all of the change in rankings, particularly from DJ, from the end of last years high school season to the beginning of this one. No games so camp performance or lack there of is all that they have to justify changes.

Sep 25, 2019, 12:43 PM

Lots of good insight on the subject. Thanks!

Sep 25, 2019, 2:06 PM

For example, you get your stature (arms length hand size natural build etc) seen and how you've developed physically (Jordan Burch for example being a later bloomer with exploding in size) on where they project you'll be. If you're at nothing but rivals camps 247 scouts don't get to see you in person and it's harder for them to make a judgement on you. Other things, say you're a 4.4 guy but 5-8 170lb RB... Can you be more? Can you handle being 5-10 200lbs quickly and maintain that speed? Your frame comes into effect there on how you look holding that weight such as some people look skinny at 180 and some people look like they could hit the treadmill. Hand placement for OL is big, maybe your team sucks but you're where you need to be with your hands and feet while blocking just don't have the size just yet, you could earn a higher ranking because they project you'll gain that needed strength in a college regimen quickly. Lots of different factors come in but for the most part it's a crap shoot although they miss a lot less often than people think.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic