Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Recruiting

Jan 26, 2013, 8:16 AM

So, I've done some homework. This is my first post on here and I've been reading too long. I think it is time to chime in. Personally, I love getting big names as much as the next guy, but the kids bling in high school in no way determines his college accomplishments. I prefer coachable players. We landed possibly the best out of high school linebacker trio ever three years ago, and have not seen much. Hopefully this year will be a breakout year for Anthony and Steward! Here are some interesting recruiting facts.

2012 Heisman winner Johnny Manziel was recruited as a 3 star qb, 78 grade and the number 39 qb in 2011
2011 Heisman winner RG3 was recruited as a 3 star qb, graded 77, and was the number 40 qb in 2008. 2012 starter for the Redskins, led them to the playoffs.
Mingo for LSU expected to draft in the 1st round of the draft was a 3 star lb, graded 78 as well.

My point, players at the college level are as good as the coaching they receive, and the desire to be great. I believe we have the best coaches in the country. I'm not concerned with who we do, or who we don't get. Whoever we have, the coaches will make them as great as they want to be. Desire, determination, integrity, and pride. These traits can lead to greatness, and builds champions!

God Bless the TigerNation!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for your first post...

Jan 26, 2013, 8:24 AM

And some of our walk-ons will contribute in lots of ways (i.e. Rodriguez) and become like their coach - go forward to coach conference champions and recruit great players of their own.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Point for your first post...

Jan 26, 2013, 8:46 AM

Pretty good first post. ....

Great points and glad you are participating!

Jan 26, 2013, 8:54 AM

I heard a program on talk sports radio not too long ago on the subject. Basically what it boiled down to was that stars are pretty accurate indicators. 5 stars usually pan out. However, these are just ratings and do not "cap" the potential to get better obviously.
If a program gets higher rated players they usually are more successful. Thanks for the input and keep posting!!!!

Excellent first post. Question:

Jan 26, 2013, 9:48 AM

Do you woohoo? Your answer is all important.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Recruiting

Jan 26, 2013, 10:20 AM

When Spurrier was at Florida he had a great quote about recruiting..."If this star system is correct, then Notre Dame should have won 5 national championships in a row!" During that time they had consecutive #1 recruiting classes that did not translate to wins on the field. The only thing Spuriier ever said that made sense.

Re: Recruiting

Jan 26, 2013, 10:30 AM

Thank you fellow Tigers!! I just say, support who we have, and be grateful for who we don't have. We only want people here that are ALLIN!

Do I " woohoo "?

If the time is appropriate, of course, but I prefer a loud roar!

*facepalm*

Jan 26, 2013, 10:53 AM

Do I " woohoo "?

If the time is appropriate, of course, but I prefer a loud roar!

I can't believe you just said that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

All In is the only way

Jan 26, 2013, 10:51 AM

Get the kids who WANT to be Clemson Tigers....and TURN THEM LOOSE!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic