Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reconciliation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Reconciliation

Dec 25, 2018, 3:56 PM

For the 3 young men involved I hope they can see the silver lining here - no one has questioned if they're telling the truth. That says a lot more to me than a "sliver" of something no one had even heard of before yesterday morning showing up in a drug test. I'm sure they are going through what amounts to hell trying to figure out why this happened to them. Fortunately, they will grow older and while this may never be one of those things they look back and laugh about, it will certainly not be the biggest challenge they will face. And I guarantee they've learned some mighty powerful life lessons through all of this.

For a team to be 13-0 after 4 months is nearly impossible. A lot of things have to happen and admittedly there's some luck involved. This team has been fortunate to have not had any terrible injuries on the field. But there have been some off the field. Personnel changes presented a challenge. The death of a former teammate and friend presented a challenge. The pressure of being highly ranked and meeting expectations presented a challenge. They have overcome each of these and they will this one. The coaches know how to lead through adversity. The team is in good hands.

So what's left are the fans. And perhaps we're the most difficult group. I know yesterday when this news first broke my heart sank...not Clemson I thought. Since then I 've learned the facts and that includes the Test B will probably not be different than Test A. We have to accept this and realize it is nothing more than an honest mistake. And they happen. Where there is the opportunity for questions, by all means ask. But to keep this going for weeks or months is not productive and in fact just makes the stain bigger. We can all take our lead from Coach Swinney who spoke honestly but yet did not signal the end of the world. In fact, the exact opposite.

After years of a trajectory almost straight up, it is almost our due that "something" happen. It's just the way things are. It's what we do with that "something" that is important.

Go Tigers.....I'm looking forward to going to Dallas more than ever this Friday....this is the kind of team that will rock because of this....

Message was edited by: CaliforniaTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Exactly & well said California!

Dec 25, 2018, 4:10 PM

Go TiGERS..All-In & Continue ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reconciliation

Dec 25, 2018, 4:30 PM

For all those Clemson haters out there, and because of our success there are many of them, it’s an opportunity for them to smile and say”I knew Clemson was cheating”! The damage has been done, unless the Tigers can explain this mess, and it will haunt us for a long time. I’m sure this was a mistake but unless it can be proven to be an explainable error our program will be tainted by many. Keep supporting the team. We know that the Tigers are a team of good kids

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2018, 5:14 PM

I saw some comments from O31O State fans saying their squeaky clean program should take our place in the playoffs. Ha!

Dec 25, 2018, 4:43 PM

Well said and thanks for the clarity. In my mind this in no way “taints” the Clemson program. It really taints the NCAA and highlights the need for reform. This is shameful that it is hurting guys that play by the rules. The fact that NCAA approved supplements can contain banned elements should render this a non issue ASAP. Furthermore the appeals process should be expedited for any athlete. The fact that it will be protracted due to the holidays is pure baloney. I am fit to be tied with the NCAA sitting on a pedestal judging others. It is time to “drain the swamp” in NCAA and create more sensible rules. I hope Albert Huggins destroys ND! Go Tigers!

Dec 25, 2018, 7:32 PM

My comments are in no way an attempt to imply the old "but everyone's doing it" cliché nor am I assuming guilt or innocence on the part of our three players. If we are guilty of any infraction, don't attempt to sweep it under the rug. Accept responsibility, make corrections and move on. My beef is with the NCAA which has shown no clear evidence that infractions are dealt with on a fair and consistent basis. We need to look only at the Univ. of North Carolina. The NCAA went in supposedly to investigate and essentially found nothing. Additional wrong doing was discovered by an outside source so the NCAA was forced to return and their final report was a tainted white paper. The integrity of the entire university was made a laughing stock in the eyes of everyone except the NCAA. Essentially saying the matter was a university problem in spite of the fact many athletic programs were benefiting by guaranteeing the academic eligibility of the athletes by fake or watered down course work.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic