Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Montravius Adams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,159

Montravius Adams

Jun 17, 2012, 1:43 PM

What are our chances? His film looks unbelievable, and with nkimdeche and daniel this could be one of the best defensive line recruiting classes ever. He seems like a game changer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recent article about Adams...

Jun 17, 2012, 1:48 PM

Adams, though respectful of Nkemdiche, is far less complimentary of the consensus No. 1 recruit, who committed to Clemson on Thursday. That is because Adams believes he is every bit the player Nkemdiche is.

"I think I can do anything he can do -- just better," Adams said. "I would like to compete with him."

Funny how the writer changed his direct quote from

Jun 17, 2012, 1:52 PM

"competing with" to "competing against." There's a big difference. Imagine those two competing with each other for top billing on the same line - driving each other to greater and greater heights in the process.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The idea of having both of those guys on the line with

Jun 17, 2012, 5:24 PM

a chip on their shoulders is almost too good to be true.

null

Re: Recent article about Adams...

Jun 17, 2012, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Recent article about Adams... ]

going by the film he's right, hope he can try and prove it in orange

I'd love him, but I want some O-Line, CJ struggled when

Jun 17, 2012, 2:16 PM

his legs were wrapped in the backfield. Just think of how hard these kids are going to push each other on D. So glad we have Venables who will let these kids make plays instead of figuring out assignments during the play.

Latest updates we got on our forums

Jun 17, 2012, 10:41 PM

I think with the addition of your committs over the weekend, Adams probably slipped down the list a bit. Here is the lastest news from him over the last week.

"Landing the nation's No. 1 recruit, Robert Nkemdiche, has Clemson at the forefront of the college football world. Tigers fans are already wondering how the program's buzz and momentum will carry over with other targets.One such recruit is fellow Peach State defensive lineman Montravius Adams, one of the nation's premier defensive linemen.Clemson would love to add a stud interior lineman to complement Nkemdiche on the outside.
However, Adams appears to be a long shot. He told MaxPreps that he was visiting Alabama today.
When asked if he had considered the idea of playing with Nkemdiche in college, he said, "no."

Here is the latest from his visit to the the Tide this week. Obviously from a Tide reporter so you can take it however you want.

Five-star pbrospect Montravius Adams came to Tuscaloosa Friday with an idea of what to expect for his upcoming visit and for the most part, his expectations were correct. It was the differences from those expectations that helped Alabama's stock rise in the young defensive tackle's eyes.

"Just getting to know what I didn't know," Adams said. "Like with the 3-4, I thought they were strictly a 3-4 but as I got to watching and learning, they're mostly a 4-3."

He said he learned a lot about how Alabama plays defense during his visit. He said he felt he would be able to adjust from his high school's 4-4 defense to Alabama's style of 3-4 after watching and
learning more about how the Crimson Tide play.

The No. 1 rated defensive tackle in the country, out of Vienna, Ga., spent his time Saturday watching
film and learning the plays and terminology. He also spent a lot of time talking with several different Alabama coaches. Adams said head coach Nick Saban spoke to him a lot about his family and how he would handle the separation. Adams' conversation with Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart was different, however, and much more football oriented.

"He showed me how they used Marcell (Dareus)," Adams said. "That's how they wanted me to play."

He also spent a lot of time speaking with current Alabama players like Adrian Hubbard and Jesse
Williams. Adams said the highlight of their meeting is when he went into the players' dorm rooms. He said all the photos from high school showed Williams and others as much skinnier, especially in the arms. Williams didn't mince words when he explained to Adams why he didn't look like that anymore.

"He's like, 'If you don't want to work hard, this isn't the place you want to go,'" Adams said. "'But if you do, and you want to make it to the league, this is it then.'"

Adams didn't spend all of his time with people associated with the Alabama program. He spent most
of the day walking around with Auburn commit and five-star defensive end Dee Liner. He said they spent most of the day watching the seven-on-seven and one-on-one drills and just talking about life outside of football. There were, however, a few things that stood out to the pair of linemen.

"How they practice and the stuff that they," Adams said. "We were talking to the strength and conditioning coach (Scott Cochran) and he was telling us about how they do Pilates, UFC stuff, karate
and all that."

Adams is not in a rush to make his decision. He said he plans on waiting until Signing Day to make his decision. He said he's doing this because he wants to make sure he knows what as many schools have to offer him as he can. He does not have a list made at this time, but if he did, it wouldn't be a stretch to say Alabama would be high on it.

"One, I know I want a championship," Adams said. "They got good people. That's what I want to be around."

Re: Latest updates we got on our forums

Jun 17, 2012, 11:30 PM

Sounds like a typical visit to me. I saw no indication of a commit. He's been classy on all of his visits. And if it does go to signing day, I like CU's chances even more.

His dream to play for a championship and days in the NFL can be accomplished at Clemson too. I'm not worried about anybody from the SEC after this past week. Dabo and Venables will be on top of this kid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heard he wears Clemson gear for what thats worth.***

Jun 17, 2012, 11:36 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,159
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic