Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reasonable expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Reasonable expectations

Oct 15, 2017, 5:32 PM

In all honesty, I felt we had the talent on this team to win all 12 regular season games. Does anyone here think we couldn't? I figured even if we did lose a game, it would be against one of our biggies. I didn't really expect to lose to Syracuse and even if we did, I expected we would have done it differently instead of such a poor showing.

So what is unreasonable? Winning isn't easy, agreed. But is it unreasonable to expect that if we do lose a game, that the coaches have us prepared enough that we not beat ourselves. I mean Dabo sure gets compensated well enough that being well prepared seems a reasonable expectation.

Many people have placed us alongside Bama lately in terms of status as elite. Well, would elite teams lose to Syracuse? Would Bama?

When coaches make statements that they got spooked and altered their game plan maybe too much, that is concerning.

So what is realistic reasonable expectations?
At our current talent level and well paid coaches, what should we Expect?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not many teams are a machine like Bama...

Oct 15, 2017, 5:36 PM

who else do you put in the category? Oklahoma? Ohio State?

There is nobody else, IMO.

With that said, did you watch Bama Saturday? They won, but they had a scare against a very pedestrian Texas A&M.

I think it is easier for an elite team to lose to a lesser opponent than a top opponent because of the motivation factor.

That's just my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reasonable expectations

Oct 15, 2017, 5:39 PM

Alabama and Georgia are the 2 best teams right now

Oct 15, 2017, 9:40 PM

Wrong 50%

Georgia is a poser , haven't beaten a single team with a pulse .
Save the ND and Miss State comments , they stink.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 15, 2017, 5:43 PM

We only won by 10 points up there a couple years ago with Deshaun.

Friday night on the road in New York.....not surprising that we came out flat and got beat. It happens. No reason to question a staff that played for the last two national titles winning one.

Oct 15, 2017, 9:37 PM

Exactly! We have played 4 night time games this year. Only team to beat 4 power 5 winning record teams. We were tired and flat. Still could have won. I give the boys a pass here.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look, we had an unexpected start to this season

Oct 15, 2017, 5:45 PM

who thought we would have been arguably #1 in September after losing DW? I didnt. But KB is a good QB and expectations became NC repeat. I have been worried about the "trap" game ever since our great finish at VT. We got past Wake, but fell into the trap on the road. Time to respond. Biggest question we have is will we be able to perform with a backup QB. I think KB is going to be out for a while.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before the season, I expected possible losses

Oct 15, 2017, 5:47 PM

vs Auburn
at Louisville
at Virginia Tech
at NC State
Florida State

This past Friday at 5 pm, I expected possible losses
vs Georgia Tech
at NC State
Florida State

I did not see Syracuse as a possible loss. We blew our mulligan there. Unfortunately, as of now, with injuries and knowing that the defense is not perfect, I see additional possible losses as
Georgia Tech
at NC State
Florida State
at South Carolina

If we manage to come up with some semblance of an offense, I think we could beat all but NC State, but if we are simply done on offense, we may only win 1 or none of those games.

Did Oklahoma State think it was reasonable to lose to Iowa State at home? Unless you're Alabama, it happens. Bama is really far and above everyone this year. That is why I am so glad we got them when we did.

^^^ Reasonable reasoning

Oct 15, 2017, 9:20 PM

imho. ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That at Scar game ..... please just win that one, anything

Oct 15, 2017, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Before the season, I expected possible losses ]

Else is gravy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That at Scar game ..... please just win that one, anything

Oct 15, 2017, 9:37 PM

Yep we the fans and the band and coaches, trainers and most specially the Players who need to know that we have their back 100%. They need to practice hard, but take up all opportunities that are offered to get your mind and body in shape your stamina up. Drinks lots of fluids (your choice) do the best you can.. don’t leave practice if you don’t fell you did your best. Stay behind until feel!! GO TIGERS FIGHT

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Before the season, I expected possible losses

Oct 15, 2017, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Before the season, I expected possible losses ]

GT and Scar as possible losses ?

Cmon bro .

DB23

Oct 15, 2017, 9:24 PM

They loss without their starting QB playing dammm near in Canada on a Friday night. They get a pass.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post-Deshaun era

Oct 15, 2017, 9:33 PM

KB started strong vs. AUB (2nd half) and LOU. And inconsistent vs. BC and VT. KB has the toughest job in college football this year replacing a young man no one can replace.

Immobile KB had no chance vs. SYR. But I'm with you and most in giving SYR no chance to beat Clemson. Not when we were "2 Deep" at every position. Turned out we were not on Fri the 13th but a lot of season left. Let's see how the coaches address.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 10:47 PM

Before the season, I was anticipating 9-3 or 10-2 with FSU taking the Atlantic. Not a bad season for a team that just lost a generational player and his top 4 weapons. Then when FSU lost Francois, and we beat Louisville so badly, I allowed myself to think that a dominant defense and an efficient, ground-based offense that controlled the clock more than our recent offenses could carry us all the way back to the CFP. My one worry was what was going to happen when the defense inevitably just had a bad day. I wondered what would happen when the defense just got torched repeatedly, and the offense had to come out needing to score on nearly every drive. I didn't, and still don't think that Bryant is the type of QB that can lead a pass-first offense that has to score to keep pace with another high-powered offense or come back from a multi-score deficit. The good news is that the defense had a really bad day on Friday, got almost no consistent help from the offense, and still only gave up 27 to a pretty good offense. Last year when the defense had it's really bad day, they gave up 43.

Oct 16, 2017, 12:32 AM

We still have lots to play for. KB well is still plenty good enough to make it tough for anybody left on our schedule.
Losses are never good but this may be the pressure releaser that we had with Pitt last year. Issue is, can KB be good in 2 weeks? I remain concerned that Zerrick can't produce as of now in a pressure game. Friday could not have been considered that.And it does not look like Hunter will be given a shot in meaningful snaps, whether right or wrong. If KB's injury is long term we may lose a couple more. Regardless, both OL and DL were dissappointing. D playing up to snuff would still have won.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic