Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reason why I think Trevor may decide to come back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Reason why I think Trevor may decide to come back

Nov 9, 2020, 10:21 PM

I was thinking if I was in Trevor’s shoes, I would possibly give up a few million dollars to decide to come back to college. I was putting myself in his shoes, and was thinking If he wanted to be regarded asthe best ever? I think I would like the opportunity to chase legend status if I was knocking on the doorstep of becoming the best player and having my name everywhere in the the record book ? Wondering if anyone would have the same mindset.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reason why I think Trevor may decide to come back

Nov 9, 2020, 10:26 PM

Nope. Someone's flashing $40M in my face and I'm taking it every time. And I don't believe a single person here that says they would turn that down to have a chance to be some big man on campus.

Nov 10, 2020, 2:08 PM

I think 1st pick in next draft is guaranteed like $51 mil. That would be hard to turn down even from the Jets. But say he comes back and the Jets will get the first pick in the next draft, what has he done but put off a year of being a millionaire.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Reason why I think Trevor may decide to come back ]

??

Nov 9, 2020, 11:40 PM

itxskrtt said:

I was thinking if I was in Trevor’s shoes, I would possibly give up a few million dollars to decide to come back to college. I was putting myself in his shoes, and was thinking If he wanted to be regarded asthe best ever? I think I would like the opportunity to chase legend status if I was knocking on the doorstep of becoming the best player and having my name everywhere in the the record book ? Wondering if anyone would have the same mindset.

$40 mil, or whatever, is great, BUT, he is smart enough to understand future consequences. I love DW4, but he messed up signing his new contract for money and not his health. DW4 could have gone anywhere, maybe for a few less bucks (millions), but had a longer career and made more in the long run.

Folks, money is great, but you have to look long term. Trevor will be set for life whether he goes next year, or whether his insurance policy (and you can bet he has one, or two) has to pay off.

I hope the young man makes whatever decision is best for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 7:52 AM

DW4 and his entire immediate family could have lived like Kings on quite a few millions less than what he is making now!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Reason why I think Trevor may decide to come back ]

This line of thinking doesn't make sense to me.

It's not like he will get drafted by a Super Bowl contender if he stays an extra year.

There is a strong possibility that without his help, whoever gets the first pick in '21 could get it again in '22.

That would mean Trevor is 1 year further away from being able to sign his second NFL contract which is the one that gets the HUGE money for franchise type players. He is also 1 year further away from free agency if he were to decide to try to find a better team to play for.

Good Lord, the mental gymnastics on display here regarding

Nov 9, 2020, 11:58 PM

Trevor returning when he is already the #1 pick is more entertaining than most of the games we've played this season

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 12:02 AM

I honestly hope Trevor goes pro. He would be the guaranteed overall #1 pick. Turning that down would be unbelievably foolish. If he came back, I would hold my breath on every offensive play worrying that he would get wrecked and lose his NFL dream.

Nobody minds when a brilliant psychology major or math major graduates in three years. Same here. I hope he goes pro and I wish him well.

Nov 10, 2020, 12:12 AM

DJ's play sealed Trevors draft choice, in my opinion.

Tigers will still be a championship threat without him, he would have nothign left to prove, and everything to lose. There is no logic in him coming back.

Nov 10, 2020, 7:53 AM

What no one talks about is that if Trevor came back it would do more harm to the program than good. It would be great cause for sure he would be unstoppable for a year, but man it would hurt the recruiting, and QBs on the roster. It would set everyone on the depth chart back a year. I know DJ was good with sitting for a year, but I don't wanna see the consequences if its two. Would be bad for the ecosystem.

^^ This!^^

Nov 10, 2020, 8:53 AM

Excellent point!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly...When we had a shortage of DT's last year, a

Nov 10, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Reason why I think Trevor may decide to come back ]

popular excuse was the Power Rangers coming back shorted us and when Bowman transferred, people cited Travis returning...Personally, I think the DT excuse was BS because we should have already had recruits in the pipeline by the time the Power Rangers said they were coming back and I think Bowman left when he saw how poor our OL is up close...That being said, I wouldn't trade 2 more years of DJ for one more year of Trevor

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 2:03 PM

Oh brother!

Trevor is not coming back and wishful thinking won't change that. For his own benefit, he should move on to the next level.

He's not coming back. He just keeps saying nothing in

Nov 10, 2020, 2:14 PM

life is 100%. If folks would stop asking him - he could stop saying that...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, he should go pro.

Nov 10, 2020, 3:02 PM

He has nothing else to prove in college football. He's clearly the best QB in the draft, and will likely be the #1 pick. You can't improve on that. He also has displayed excellent leadership, which will make him a great addition to any team that drafts him. Finally, he will graduate this December with his degree.

He is going to make millions of dollars playing the sport he loves. Coming back for another year isn't going to improve his draft stock or his financial potential, and could only serve to hurt both of those if he has a bad year or gets injured.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Honestly, he should go pro.

Nov 10, 2020, 3:21 PM

And he is getting married..." Baby,would you buy me that island in the Caribbean? Sorry, honey, I'm gonna play another year with The Boys"..... (Cold Shoulder).....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 4:07 PM

There are a few reasons coming back another year has some appeal for him:

1. He can probably be a little more anonymous on campus
2. He didn’t envision playing his last year in front of few fans
3. He dearly misses throwing to Ross again
4. He wanted to walk on Brownell’s team and be a chucker in the winter

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic