Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Re-watching the Sugar Bowl 3rd Qtr 10:49
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Re-watching the Sugar Bowl 3rd Qtr 10:49

Jan 4, 2018, 9:20 PM

We are still in the game and driving looks like a completion to me why no review am I missing something?
Also before this point we have momentum and KB is playing pretty well; however the next play the interception sucked the life out of us completely! SAD we were good enough and were playing with bama and had them where we wanted them we just have to protect the ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re-watching the Sugar Bowl 3rd Qtr 10:49

Jan 4, 2018, 9:22 PM

Yep we were driving and could have went up. They made a great play and changed the game but we can play with them for sure. We will be back next year i hope they are too.

Jan 4, 2018, 9:22 PM

I would rather be water boarded.

Jan 4, 2018, 9:29 PM

really not that bad up until this point we are soundly in the game! We were playing big boy football and competing the interception really dagger-ed us in the heart!

Jan 4, 2018, 9:28 PM

went to the full version and can't find the replay for the pass they said was out of bounds anyone got a replay from the short version looks like it was a completed pass the play right before the interception!

Jan 4, 2018, 9:29 PM

I was shocked that we had the possibility of leading judging by how bad we had been playing

Jan 4, 2018, 9:36 PM

found the right full version and he dropped the ball would have been a major reception!

Jan 4, 2018, 9:40 PM

we were in this game up until 9:30 in the 3rd Qtr really needed that drive to finish and we probably would have been playing GA on Monday! Championship Football is about a few plays as Dabo says and here is a few we need!

Jan 4, 2018, 10:01 PM

Yeah was going to say it was a drop. Could have been a better pass too. The int play- I don’t have the game right now, but imo KB should have felt that pressure since it was there all night. Anyway had he slid to his left and stepped up in the pocket before he wound up to release, he gets the throw off. I’m talking a couple feet.

Sure the blocking should have been better but that’s what a DW4 does for you. Don’t think we should fire oc’s but they should be teaching kB those things but maybe they tried. I also hate the way he runs backward to try and escape.

Bama saw this on tape and were licking their chops. Pruitt changed his looks just enough to where we fell right into iit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL a "we had them where we wanted them."

Jan 4, 2018, 10:06 PM

I'm typically a very optimistic person, but it was clearly obvious at this point in the game that we had a low chance of winning the game. Alabama was totally dominating us on both lines of scrimmage. We had not even threatened to score a TD at this point in the game (and didn't actually come close to scoring a TD until garbage time near the end of the game).

I am proud of our team, they played hard and had a very good year. But we were not nearly on Alabama's level this year, and it showed from the first quarter of the Sugar Bowl on.

Dabo can say whatever he wants about "a few plays," but this game was not nearly that close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL a "we had them where we wanted them."

Jan 4, 2018, 10:44 PM

I agree, up to that point the offense didn’t do squat but the D wasn’t being dominated. We certainly didn’t dominate them on D either but we were holding our own.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2018, 12:03 AM [ in reply to LOL a "we had them where we wanted them." ]

Yep... Bama wasn’t going to be denied that night...

Feb 14, 2024, 8:30 PM [ in reply to LOL a "we had them where we wanted them." ]

If we score on that drive we really would have taken momentum. They were not doing much against our D. It would have been a close game for sure. We may not have won but we could have for sure. They played better tho and made some dang good plays and I salute them.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:10 PM

Fine. You might have noticed also Bama was in our backfield almost every play all night. We can pick and choose our moments, but our pretty good line was getting knocked back almost every play. Even Hyatt was letting his man through. We had a hard time running and not much success passing, and with tide in the backfield consistently disaster was almost inevitable.

I do not say this to be critical. Everybody takes their lumps at some point and we've been blessed with very few lumps in the last four years.

Seriously, if an angel had appeared to you four years ago after the Okie game and said that it is up to you, here's the deal, you can have three straight years in the playoffs, be in the champ game three times, win as many as you lose in playoffs and get a championship against Bama, but the down side is you have to lose the rubber match to Bama in an ugly game. Who among you would not have said let me hold it?

No time to put our heads in the oven. We simply are not going to get the kind of talent that will dominate Bama until something changes there, like fair officiating and NCAA either actually enforcing fairly or getting the hell out of the way. Too many stacked decks. We have a chance of getting to the point that Bama should not ever dominate us again on either side of the line. When we get there I'm willing to take our chances. Even short of that we know we can take them occasionally. And we've done pretty dang good against everybody else. Let's get to work. We have the tools to do it.

Jan 5, 2018, 12:02 AM

We may have still technically been in it at that point and the int finished sucking any life we had left out but when we recovered the fumble at the 25(at least close to that don’t remember the exact yard line), lost 5 yards in 3 plays and had to kick the second FG, I knew we were done. How many times have you ever seen the Tigers fail to make a team pay dearly for that kind of mistake in the last 5 years?

I said the same thing at the time...

Jan 5, 2018, 7:27 AM

Recovered the fumble and had a chance to climb back into the game. Unfortunately, the OCs were NOT ready to play offense, so they put their heads in the sand (I'm being nice) and went -2, -1, -2, kicked the field goal, and basically squandered our final chance to turn it around. I would love to see an "alternate time line" where we tied the game on that fumble... it would be fun to see how the rest of the game would play out.

So, at the end of the day, who was to blame for the loss? Alabama, that's who. Both their O and D lines were unbeatable. They were getting so much pressure on KB with just their front four, that they seldom needed to send the 5th man. They were not going to be denied... just like DW4 was NOT going to be denied last year.

Onward and upward, Tigers! Let's start focusing on San Francisco in '19.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama could not sustain a long drive

Jan 5, 2018, 9:47 AM

On our D. Had we taken the lead or made it 10-9 or heck had it stay at 10-6 with a missed FG then we're still owning field position just like they did to us in the 1st half. It would have been a 4Q game provided no other turnover or special teams return. I think people are vastly underestimating the job our D did in this game with their backs constantly against the wall in the 1st half. Bama s 2nd half points came from a pick 6 and a 27 yd drive with a obvious missed called that would have probably limited that to a fg. Bamas d was very good but so was ours. The difference was the O's and really the decision making and execution- not so much talent. Bama has a problem at QB against strong Ds in my opinion just not as big as our problem this year. UGA could make it interesting. I don't think their D is nearly as good as ours but their O is probably better. Field position TOS could swing this game as well.

Re: Bama could not sustain a long drive

Jan 5, 2018, 2:43 PM

Our d gave us a great chance. It was really and truly a game of a few plays. Remember when Saban chewed his OC out late in 2nd half? It's because they were passing with the game in hand. They could not run the ball and sustain a drive without our offense helping them.

This game is on our offensive coaches and Kelly b...which means we should have a new focus and new attitude on offense next year as our d should be strong overall maybe just not as quite as strong on the line.

Bama will roll UGA.

Re: Bama could not sustain a long drive

Jan 5, 2018, 2:48 PM

Saban was yelling at him because he was making conservative calls and not moving the ball against our D. Saban wanted TD's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic