Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Random questions from tailgate observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Random questions from tailgate observations

Dec 3, 2014, 8:32 AM

We left Greenville at 7 am Saturday to avoid the traffic. Our parking pass was for Lot 13 and we got there early enough to park outside the lot and backed up against the fence along the road. While sitting there all the cars coming into the lot drove past us. We noticed an fairly decent percentage of car had dogs in them, all sizes and breeds.

Is this always the case? Do people who bring their pets leave their dogs in the car? Do these fans not go into the game and simply tailgate? Is this a Lot 13 tradition?

This isn't a flame or any sort of criticism, just a curiosity.

Again, congrats on the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've noticed it more this year than any before

Dec 3, 2014, 8:34 AM

But that's just my observation. Think it's families/groups that have more tailgaters than tickets and decide to go ahead and bring the four legged friends along for the party too. Seems like a hassle to me but if I wasn't going into the game maybe I'd think otherwise.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Random questions from tailgate observations

Dec 3, 2014, 8:34 AM

There are a lot of people who come w family and friends to tailgate but don't have a ticket to the game.

There are several families in Lot 6 who bring their dogs....

Dec 3, 2014, 8:35 AM

Someone from the group without a ticket stays at the car with the dog and just watches the game on the satellite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dogs.....

Dec 3, 2014, 8:42 AM

My wife is not a huge football fan and mainly comes each game because I love the sport. She has mentioned many times she would be happy to stay outside and tailgate, watch the game on TV and bring our pet. I know many friends that are from up north are amazed of how many Clemson fans just come to tailgate and never enter Death Valley. Actually, my wife has mentioned we should just get a Lot space and stay outside with our dog...but I am not ready for that...so doggie stays home for now.

Thanks for your answers, what I guessed *****

Dec 3, 2014, 9:19 AM

someone even brings their duck!***

Dec 3, 2014, 10:18 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

I recall seeing that in 2012 :-D *****

Dec 3, 2014, 1:29 PM

Mr. and Mrs. Aflac ?***

Dec 4, 2014, 8:05 AM [ in reply to someone even brings their duck!*** ]

Re: Random questions from tailgate observations

Dec 4, 2014, 6:25 AM

I'm one of those people that brings their dog(s). We were in Lot 10 for several years and recently got moved to Lot 19 because of construction. We have a yellow lab and two Chihuahuas. We walk the dogs before every game and most fans love to see them. The two Chihuahuas (Mexican Labs) wear cheerleader outfits and the kids love to come and pet them. Dog people understand. I always want my dogs with me. I think they look forward to the games almost as much as the wife and I do.They are never in harms way and we only bring them when the weather is cool enough to have them with us. (never to September games).

Joel, for years I always took my dog to games; then again

Dec 4, 2014, 6:42 AM

most of my friends objected to me calling my Son a dog............lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic