Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RPO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,154

RPO

Nov 8, 2020, 6:28 PM

Maybe one of you football experts can explain. If many of our rushing plays are the result of the RPO, and the QB makes the decision based on a read of the defensive alignment, could limited success of the running game be attributed to inexperienced QB reads as much as OL effectiveness?

TIA

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds reasonable..

Nov 8, 2020, 6:34 PM

and bet TL16 would have excelled here due to better anticipation & foot speed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RPO

Nov 8, 2020, 6:34 PM

Great question. I honestly am not sure. Could be a bit if that. Also a bit of disconnect between DJ and Travis on hand offs/pitch outs. It's cost us twice. Positive, DJ getting valuable experience. Negative, mistakes like the aforementioned can cost a team a game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you are on to something...

Nov 9, 2020, 12:16 AM

Remember 6,7,8 yrs ago we had a similar problem running out of the spread formation in certain situations-

Absolutely and it was obvious on at least a few plays

Nov 9, 2020, 1:07 AM

Also, it seemed we were running even we were outnumbered in the box - that’s a recipe for your running game to look like crap. I will rewatch later this week and will be looking closer at the running plays but the only thing that would show is if we should have passed more. Based on my initial take(granted when I watch the game live, I’m watching as a true fan vs so much analysis), the answer is going to be yes. However, it still won’t answer the question if the coaches gave DJU the ability to check out of called runs when counting hats, etc. obviously Trevor has that. So unknown if we were just too stubborn or QB experience bit is a bit. We need more healthy downfield threats to get the d to back off. That’s been a problem the last 2 games as teams crowd the box on a new QB.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,154
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic