Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
R.I.P. Radio
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,698

R.I.P. Radio

Dec 15, 2019, 7:27 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wyff4.com/amp/article/tl-hanna-high-school-legend-james-radio-kennedy-passes-away-family-confirms/30231605

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just watched the movie about him recently, which

Dec 15, 2019, 7:53 AM

was inspirational in the compassionate humanity shown to him by the staff, team and fans.

Sorry to read about his death, as I'm certain legions of good folks will honor his contributions to the spirit of the school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really sad to hear the news

Dec 16, 2019, 2:21 PM

Radio was already a long-time fixture at TL Hanna when I attended the school. Yes, the school did much for him, but we were the lucky ones to have had Radio. Rest in peace.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: R.I.P. Radio

Dec 15, 2019, 7:54 AM

Condolences & prayers for the family and the multitude of friends. The legacy of “Radio” is his inspiration to everyone to pursue whatever your passion in life may be.

R.I.P. “Radio”

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 7:57 AM

:(.. anyone have the video of him running down the Hill before we upset FSU? What a night

^ So, are you thinking like me that RADIO was a TiGER?!

Dec 15, 2019, 8:10 AM

Thanks Radio for your inspirational life & being so positive & giving thru personal adversity.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ So, are you thinking like me that RADIO was a TiGER?!

Dec 15, 2019, 8:23 AM

Thinking he was . Read a old post on here once where Sparky Woods called the school for a recruit , Radio answered and said “we don’t like Gamecocks here” and hung up lol . Don’t know if it was true or not but hope so

Dec 15, 2019, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: R.I.P. Radio ]

What a night it was. I remember the announcer clicking off a couple scores (volleyball, etc) in contests from the week vs. FSU. We won in those matchups, so the crowd was cheering, and then they announced Radio, a big Clemson fan, was going to lead the team down the Hill. Probably took a couple minutes for him to descend, and the crowd sustained one of the loudest cheers I’ve heard for the entire time. I knew at that moment we were going to break FSU’s stranglehold on us.

Also remember from that game that early in the first half we were rotating the DL and sustaining a high level of play. In my mind that was a huge step up towards our potential. Inconsistent as the season was, the finish - first win over FSU as a conference foe, 63-17 in Columbia, and a Peach Bowl win over (#3?) Tennessee - made 2003 pretty dang special.

Radio will forever be a part of that memorable time in Clemson Football history.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Dec 15, 2019, 11:37 AM

Yeah we had a pretty good team that year. Whitehurst, Merriweather, Coleman, Youngblood, Fudge, Miller, Curie, Stuckey, Hill, Waters, Jasmin, etc. Beat 2 top 10 teams in the last 5 games. Tommy Bowden should of had that team in the top 10. If that was a dabo coached team we probably would of finished with a BCS bowl victory.

You forgot Tony Elliott!***

Dec 15, 2019, 12:02 PM

Dec 15, 2019, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: R.I.P. Radio ]

Wish I could find it too.Looked on YouTube.com and all that is on there is the movie trailers of the movie "Radio".Did find this though on his twitter site-https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EL1leAVU4AE5Acb?format=jpg&name=small

Dec 15, 2019, 8:18 AM

R.I.P. Radio, and God bless, and rest your soul, you will be missed around TL Hanna....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 8:33 AM

It was truly special how the High School and the community embraced and supported Radio. In return, we all learned valuable lessons about what can be accomplished in life, regardless of circumstance. Thankfully, we have come a long way in how people with disabilities are treated. God bless Radio’s soul.

Just read about that on wyff this morining. ***

Dec 15, 2019, 8:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Prayers for the TL Hanna community

Dec 15, 2019, 9:38 AM

Got to meet him in person when I did my student teaching @ TL Hanna & was blown away by how much he loved the students & staff there & how much they loved him. He got the biggest pop @ basketball pep rally, & remember a $1 valentine fundraiser being done @ the school & him buying some & helping pass them out to various students, hugging & smiling the whole time. Think it's safe to say the world is a little less brighter today w/ his passing, but heaven got a whole lot brighter w/ his arrival.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers for the TL Hanna community

Dec 15, 2019, 9:47 AM

I worked a few days at Hanna as well and felt honored to have met him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers for the TL Hanna community***

Dec 15, 2019, 10:06 AM

Met him when I was 12. Back around when the movie came out

Dec 15, 2019, 11:58 AM

He really loved everything TL Hanna

He Was a "Good"ol Boy" RIP*****

Dec 15, 2019, 12:46 PM

Dec 15, 2019, 1:23 PM

Radio was a man who brought joy to people who knew him and short of Chad “The Black Panther” Boseman, the most famous person associated with Hanna HS.

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,698
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic