Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RB group deep but talent drop off after #9
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

RB group deep but talent drop off after #9

Oct 6, 2020, 9:00 AM

Lyn J does not seem to be anywhere close to Etienne from what I’ve seen. Chez looked decent but he doesn’t get enough carries to know. I realize Etienne might be the best RB in Clemson and ACC history. Is it that our OL is not able to make holes for LJ’s style to shine?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RB group deep but talent drop off after #9

Oct 6, 2020, 9:11 AM

yes there is a drop off. On our team and in the entire free world.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone Make Sure You Read HBROWN aka Debbie Downer

Oct 6, 2020, 9:12 AM

Negative, subversive post of the day. Trollish at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a dropoff behind the best player in Clemson history

Oct 6, 2020, 9:31 AM

captain obvious ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a dropoff behind the best player in Clemson history

Oct 6, 2020, 9:39 AM

Agreed ...there’s a clear drop off..
However- our o-line still needs to gel as well..

IMO Lyn J looked better last year than he has this year... and that probably has a lot to do with the o-line..

Re: There's a dropoff behind the best player in Clemson history

Oct 6, 2020, 10:50 AM

I do think a lot of it is the offensive line has still not really jelled. I'm hoping this gets better as the season progresses.
But yeah... there a definite drop of after ETN9. There would be on any team.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Oct 6, 2020, 9:49 AM

Dixon has averaged 6+ YPC in his attempts , so yes there may be some drop off but he's proven himself a good back and I believe he's primed to show the country in 2021 just how good he is .
He has to be giddy with Bowman's decision to leave .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 6, 2020, 9:53 AM

You, Sir, are beginning to get on my nerves.

You mean that the #1 RB in college football Travis ETN

Oct 6, 2020, 10:01 AM

holder of multiple ACC and National records, breaks tackles like he’s eating candy, has chance to set records that will be hard to beat..... there is a drop off after him ???? I’m wondering if this post is serious or tongue in cheek attempt at humor that falls flat.

Lyn J is serviceable but has not had chance to be the #1 guy so next year will be his chance. He will come in #1 with Chez clear #2 with Shipman coming in as one of the top if not the very best RB recruit in nation. I’m not worried, maybe a bit concerned that the position will not be as great as usual. What I’m looking at is DJ and how he can continue to gain d Petrie me this year and learn from Brandon Streeter and TL16. He is super talented and his ability to run, with his size, will be tough to handle. Might be a Tajh Boyd type guy that can take a lick but always gets the yards when needed and gets right back up ??.

Always exciting to live the present and think of the past and future with Clemson Tigers football ????

Oct 6, 2020, 10:09 AM

Water supports all life on Earth but if you take away that quality, it's basically worthless.

Oct 6, 2020, 10:15 AM

Don't worry, I've read on Tnet that Rencher is so good he scared off the #1 RB in last year's recruiting class. He can play another year too since this year doesn't count!

What RB room In the country would that not be true?

Oct 6, 2020, 12:57 PM

I agree with others here. Non-story here. Travis is head and shoulders above not just Clemson RB's but other people's #1 RB's.
No need to try and ask any of those other guys to try and be Travis Etienne. It's just not going to happen.
And, it shouldn't. Those guys just need carries because they are all good. We just get sample size of these guys when they are playing behind a "very inexperienced" 2nd OL. So hard to evaluate exactly how good they are "fully"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 10:23 AM

Well..... yeah. But, it's Tuesday and I have nothing better to do, so I will play alone. Remember CJ Spiller? He wasn't too bad as I recall, and then he left. Hot rod took over and while he wasn't the same we did pretty darn well with him. Dixon isn't in Travis's League in some ways, but he does have a lot of talent and boring a brain fart on that drop Saturday night he was actually a much better receiver last season in my opinion. The kid will be just fine and I think we would have been in good shape if number 9 had not returned. Besides, going forward I see even more quarterback run with that monster that's going to be lining up for us next year at QB. I am pretty sure the Playbook will change a little bit next year with a lot more quarterback power and QB draw. Plus as already mentioned there is a lot of talent coming in. so yes, some drop off from the guy who in my opinion is the best running back we've ever had but we will be fine there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 4:53 PM

Hot Rod did not take over for Spiller. Andre Ellington did. Hot Rod took over for him.

Oct 6, 2020, 11:01 PM

You are correct. My aged brain is slipping. I guess I have a fondness for HotRod as him mom was a classmate of mine. Andre Ellington was a very underrated back in my opinion, did well with the Cards for a bit, and followed a great RB... AND, if I'm not mistaken, didnt he also wear #23?

Oct 6, 2020, 10:24 AM

With ETN there is just going to be a dropoff. I think lyn j is fine as are the others. The line will gel more and we will be fine.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 10:33 AM

Did Tony Elliott decide to adopt the Wake Forest delayed read/handoff play against UVA? They kept running that awkward looking thing where Trevor and Travis looked like they were slow dancing and then one of them would step in the hole with or without the ball and the other would follow right behind. Even ran wide a couple times with no spacing at all. What in the world were those plays designed to do?

Oct 6, 2020, 10:48 AM

Calhoun .... you are right on the money. I hate that play because one defender can cover two guys when they are in the same spot. On plays like that you have to have enough separation to make the defender to commit to one or the other and then the QB has to make the right decision.

The other one I hate is where the QB fakes the ball to a back or receiver running wide and then throws the flair pass to them. If the object of a fake is to make a defender go with the player that the ball was faked to why do you want to throw a pass to someone you have already prompted someone to cover him?

Oct 6, 2020, 10:39 AM

I would just quit watching if I were you or watch the coots dumpster fire. Take your pick !

Garnetisugly... why are you being mean to me?

Oct 6, 2020, 11:03 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 10:52 AM

I agree LJD has not looked explosive this year. Disappointing to me.

His explosiveness looked fine to me on that KOR

Oct 6, 2020, 11:28 AM

And seeing as how he's only gotten eight carries, I'd say it's too early to judge. Especially given his earlier injury.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 11:25 AM

Yes there is a drop off, but ETN is the best, so normal. But I would agree, there doesn't seem to be the next star in the waiting . . . at least not yet.

Oct 6, 2020, 1:02 PM

The entire nation RB group is deep with a talent drop after #9

ETN isn't just (perhapse) Clemson's best. He is the nations best in a LOT of metrics. Out of all RBs, there just isn't anyone like him.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic