Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quozzel...thoughts on our offensive line?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,300

Quozzel...thoughts on our offensive line?

Sep 10, 2017, 12:14 AM

Finished strong but started out kinda shaky? Want to get the resident experts opinion. TIA
quozzel

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the line is fine. We just miss Gallman terribly

Sep 10, 2017, 12:17 AM

His blocking last season was outstanding. Also KB's first step needs to be just a touch quicker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope feaster gets more playing time if the first 2 backs

Sep 10, 2017, 12:23 AM

aren't dominating.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quozzel...thoughts on our offensive line?

Sep 10, 2017, 12:22 AM

Not quozzel..but RT looks like a liability right now

Yes. It is. Both guys played like hot garbage tonight

Sep 10, 2017, 12:26 AM

Need improvement there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 12:23 AM

We sub to much on the oline if you ask me. It makes some of players hard to get in a rythym especially the OT's.

give him time to Google a few things and watch a few

Sep 10, 2017, 12:37 AM

interviews first

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 7:38 AM

> Finished strong but started out kinda shaky? Want to
> get the resident experts opinion. TIA
> class='logo-area utip' data-tipped-options="ajax: {
> data: { type: 'user', userId: '5698' } }">> class="post-username"
> href="/view/profile.do?userID=5698">quozzel

I appreciate it but I'm not an "expert", just an avid fan who likes to talk football. Which, despite the efforts of trolls who shall henceforth remain nameless, is actually the point of football forums.

Keep in mind I'm just a soccer coach who last played actual football in high school. I like film and watch a ton of cut-ups but that's about it.

As far as our OL went, I just saw the obvious stuff that some of the others already mentioned. Anchrum started and got lit up by that #4, Jeff Holland. (He's actually their starting "BUCK" end...and yeah, I did just google that.) ;) Pollard came in and didn't do much better, surprisingly, I especially noted that one clown-show sequence where he blew up a 3rd-down run by Kelly Bryant by going the wrong way when Hearn pulled...it wasn't quite as bad as those two Florida Muschamp OL's who will live in infamy becuase they ended up blocking each other but it was close. He also gave up a couple sacks. Hyatt was kinda grabby too and I watched him get away with at least one fairly lusty push in the back that somehow wasn't flagged. The dude face-planted and Bryant rumbled right on past.

Overall I thought they did pretty well run-blocking (though Auburn did fight us for every yard of grass) and couldn't give Bryant much time to throw; Auburn does have an elite front. Frankly I was disappointed in our backs; the OL was getting push a lot of times but I thought Choice and Fuller were showing themselves to be what they were - decent pass-protectors who are also unexplosive, three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust running backs. In a game where protection was already an issue you understand why we didn't see much of Feaster or Etienne but we're badly in need of an upgrade at RB. Our #1 and #2 are...adequate, I suppose, but they do not have big-play potential. Expect the younger guys to get worked in a lot more as the season progresses, whatever.

Saw only one bad snap - but it came at another inopportune moment. It was high and messed up Kelly's timing on what looked like a designed dive, and cost us again on another third down.

Overall I thought they did...alright. Again, Auburn's got an elite front - I'd be willing to bet you they're every bit as good as Bama's - and they were just good enough to get Bryant lose for some yards and I think we would have gotten some more yards on the ground if the younger backs were more ready. They weren't able to pass-protect well enough to allow Bryant any kind of time to take shots downfield, though.

Without watching the film again, I'd give 'em a B-. Maybe a C+. Not terrible but too many mistakes too...again, though, our guys will very likely see these Auburn guys again in the NFL so it was always going to be a war up front.

I think that's an accurate assessment, Q

Sep 10, 2017, 7:47 AM

I also expect that we will see a great deal of improvement on the OL in coming weeks. This game gives us a lot to work on and the motivation to do it. All goals still in place.

GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Quozzel...thoughts on our offensive line? ]

Thanks coach... it's a post, not multiple paragraphs

The trolls you mentioned, Q.***

Sep 10, 2017, 8:25 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,300
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic