Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question to Cam Newton Haters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Question to Cam Newton Haters

Feb 8, 2016, 1:46 AM

Two questions that I would love to see honest answers to...

How many of you out there hate Cam Newton? Your main reasoning is that he is arrogant,cocky,classless,disrespectful etc.

Now to those of you who answered yes, I ask one more question....

How many of you support Donald Trump for the same reasons?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Epic Fail; apples & oranges**

Feb 8, 2016, 2:39 AM

Re: Epic Fail; apples & oranges- its apples and

Feb 8, 2016, 8:27 AM

really bad hair. I dont hate either but I'm not big of either of them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question to Cam Newton Haters

Feb 8, 2016, 2:45 AM

Horrible comparison

Feb 8, 2016, 2:47 AM

Please leave and go to the MSNBC message boards

Never understood the whole arrogant thing

Feb 8, 2016, 5:15 AM

I mean, aren't all NFL quarterbacks pretty arrogant? Peyton Manning has always struck me as arrogant. And especially Tom Brady. Tony Romo. All those guys seem arrogant to me.

aren't all politicians?***

Feb 8, 2016, 9:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

In that particular game the issue was relative to me.

Feb 8, 2016, 5:16 AM

I don't hate. I find some folks distasteful. I find others to have attractive character. Do the math.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you voting for Trump I see

Feb 8, 2016, 7:51 AM

nm

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Feb 8, 2016, 7:58 AM

Is that the best you got?

Feb 8, 2016, 8:00 AM

1. Don't like Cam for the reasons you mentioned.

2. Don't like DT either. Believe in the business and economics sector of the Presidency he would be great but he is a foreign relations nightmare which is probably the worse thing you can be as president since we are now on a global economy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Lol, try again***

Feb 8, 2016, 8:02 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 8:19 AM

To the Cam supporters...how many of you are Panther fans? It seems like only Panther fans are taking up for him. Just be honest, you hated him when he was at Auburn. Now you act like he's a great guy because he plays for your team.

Feb 8, 2016, 8:37 AM

My question is to the Cam supporters how many of you do not like Brady for the same reasons some of us do not like Cam.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cam ain't running for president.***

Feb 8, 2016, 8:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Great comparison.***

Feb 8, 2016, 8:25 AM

Bad comparison. Cam sulks in the face

Feb 8, 2016, 8:32 AM

of losing. Trump just doesn't show up.

Re: Bad comparison. Cam sulks in the face

Feb 8, 2016, 9:18 AM

"Trump just doesn't show up."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't hate Cam....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:34 AM

I like the winning Cam.

I do not support Trump.

Your question is in the running for most inane in tnet history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 9:57 AM

I ask the question because of many friends and family members who hate Cam. They hate his arrogance/cockiness. They however like Trump's Brashness/confidence. They say Cam should be more like those before him, and have respect for the game. They also say they find it refreshing that Trump does things his own way, and is not like other politicians. This is very interesting to me.

Personally I like Cam (Panthers fan).

I also have no problems with Trump.

I am also in my 20's. I have no problem with people celebrating, or being confidence in their personal triumphs. Winning should be celebrated. I have no problem with people being miserable when they lose. Losing is something that should be miserable.

This question is not apples to oranges though. If you say that, the question probably hit you deep down, and I think you need to take a good long look in the mirror. They are both public figures. They are both outspoken. They are both controversial. They are both leaders in their particular profession.

Middle aged people are going to hate Cam. Middle aged people also love Trump. Just very interesting to me.

Not calling anyone out. It just interests me.

Iteration #648 of the question:

Feb 8, 2016, 9:58 AM

"Everybody who does't think like me is a bigot, right?"

90% of observers of the the game where I was last night are neither Cam haters nor lovers. Most are like the people I was with last night, Falcon fans, college fans, spouses of fans, but not so much Panther fans. Of that 90%, 90% of those are not sure why all the fuss about Cam doing the dab.

Most of the fuss is media people talking about the supposed people who hate Cam, not a wone of which I have ever met. And of course I-am-better-than-everybody people like you read that and swallow it whole.

But I can tell you that the people around me last night - who basically have no feelings about Cam at all - were saying, during the 2nd quarter, "They are a score away from the lead and he is pouting like a 5 year old because he can't do whatever he wants to. Its going to be a long second half." They were right.

I am hoping he looks back and thinks, "Who was that guy? It won't be me any longer." If he doesn't, we will see last night again.

Does that help answer your question?

Are those questions, or beliefs of yours?

Feb 8, 2016, 10:00 AM

It sounds like you're trying to make the point that people that don't like Cam Newton have a double-standard (I'll let you explain what that double standard is)?

Personally, I don't care for Cam's lack of humility. Same goes for Donald Trump. It reflects poorly on a person's character when they're full of themselves. It's a character flaw, but it doesn't make either of them "bad-people".

I definitely don't "hate" Cam, he's probably a good guy. I do wish he would act more like DeShawn Watson, or Wayne Gallman though.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic