Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about stupid coots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Question about stupid coots

Jul 26, 2016, 10:01 AM

Why do the coots think that USUCK is so much better academically than Clemson? They mention it all the time when speaking of recruiting. I know plenty of people that got in to USUCK but not Clemson. Also every article that comes out about a university's return on investment, it has Clemson ranked on top of of USUCK.

I have never actually lived in South Carolina so I'm not around a whole lot of coots but pretty much my entire family currently lives in SC. Obviously they are delusional, stupid, and ignorant but they have to be lying to themselves when speaking of each university's education.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remind them that USuC left the ACC over SAT requirements.

Jul 26, 2016, 10:04 AM

True story.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson considered leaving the ACC with them.

Jul 28, 2016, 12:56 AM

Almost left for the same reason, because the ACC imposed a qualifying standard higher than the NCAA's. It put USC & Clemson at a huge recruiting disadvantage, because our state's educational achievement levels were so low (average SAT scores were the lowest in the country) & because we had to recruit against SEC schools who weren't so encumbered.

Maybe one of these Coots will respond to your kweshen?

Jul 26, 2016, 10:05 AM

@Confessed Coot

@GWPTiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Maybe one of these Coots will respond to your kweshen?

Jul 26, 2016, 1:58 PM

if this is a list then:

1) lists are no bueno
2) least you got your priorities skraight and I got top billing.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

uhhh, they know that Clemson is ranked higher

Jul 26, 2016, 10:07 AM

academically. I've never heard a coot say otherwise. That would be like Clemson fans saying that we are academically better than Georgia Tech. It's just not true.

Sometimes they will spout off how awesome their Graduate International Business school is, but that is about it. They rank pretty high among the 10 or so schools that offer that degree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: uhhh, they know that Clemson is ranked higher

Jul 26, 2016, 10:34 AM

Don't tell Money Magazine that. They have Clemson ranked higher than GT:
http://new.time.com/money/best-colleges/rankings/best-colleges/
Clemson #21
GT #35
USuCk #316

Jul 26, 2016, 10:39 AM

now US News..GT is higher:
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/page+4

GT #36
Clemson #61
USuCk #108

Jul 26, 2016, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: uhhh, they know that Clemson is ranked higher ]

USuC is ranked #316 by Money magazine ?

That is something .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 27, 2016, 4:00 AM [ in reply to Re: uhhh, they know that Clemson is ranked higher ]

I honestly can't figure out how CU is ranked higher than GT on that list of best-value colleges when according to their numbers, GT is more affordable and their graduates average higher salaries.. but I'll take it nonetheless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^ . most gamecocks know their school is academically

Jul 26, 2016, 10:40 AM [ in reply to uhhh, they know that Clemson is ranked higher ]

Inferior to a lot of schools in this state. Every notable publication in the world verifies this.

Best I hear is they claim certan programs are bether at scar than clemson

For instance, scar's law program is better than clemson's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Well, heck......

Jul 26, 2016, 11:53 AM

Most of their lawyers PRACTICE law.....

One heck of a lot from what we see....

Re: Question about stupid coots

Jul 26, 2016, 10:10 AM

Use of the word " stupid " in this particular instance was superfluous.
Anytime you are talking about them , just say their name and everyone will just infer the known lack of intelligence .

DB23

Jul 26, 2016, 10:12 AM

One thing you will never hear a freshman at Clemson say," The only reason I am here is because I couldn't get into USUC."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might hear that

Jul 26, 2016, 10:24 AM

Southern Cal has a lot of programs that are extremely competitive

Nevermind

Jul 26, 2016, 10:25 AM

you said USUC, somehow my brain skipped right over the 2nd U

Ignorance is bliss....

Jul 26, 2016, 10:31 AM

Like everything else, when it comes to academics, Clemson is superior to The University of Second Choice.

We all know it, but more importantly, regardless of what they say, they know it too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It's all a fantasy.

Jul 26, 2016, 10:43 AM

This thinking is consistent with their delusion. They're also a "power" football program with a storied "tradition".

in addition to a Veterinary School, I wish Clemson would

Jul 26, 2016, 10:48 AM

expand its degree offerings by establishing a School of Journalism/Broadcast Journalism.....possibly in conjunction with degree offerings in Advertising....perhaps all these could be combined under an umbrella of an expanded School of Communications

Clemson should have initiated a Vet School long ago.

BTW....if some usuck fan tells you the junior college in Columbia is ranked higher academically than Clemson, just turn and walk away....chances are that individual is afflicted with early onset dementia and has lost any grip on reality they may have had

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

much like politics

Jul 26, 2016, 11:51 AM

you can show actual facts - in someones face - and it does not register. they will spout opinion as fact. fact: clemson is much better academically then usuck and is recognized as such. opinion: cocklovers believe, in spite of facts, that they are better academically. you see where i'm going with this..

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Is there any other kind? ;)***

Jul 26, 2016, 3:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2016, 3:46 AM

Your question was addressed in your subject field.
Trying to reason with the unreasonable is futile.
Acootdemics...please.
Not close.

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
- Mark Twain

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jul 28, 2016, 5:27 AM

Your answer is in your question. "Stupid Coots!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive