Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question: If the White House and CDC want people to isolate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Question: If the White House and CDC want people to isolate

Mar 21, 2020, 3:47 PM

themselves, why haven’t they played the biggest card of all...NFL and College Football?

That’s like holding the Big and Little Joker in spades.

Tell people that we have a 2-3 week window to overcome this before the football season gets cancelled and watch us scurry to our holes to ride this thing out.

Just sayin’.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question: If the White House and CDC want people to isolate

Mar 21, 2020, 3:55 PM

Idiot

How am I an idiot? Florida is still hosting spring breakers

Mar 21, 2020, 4:04 PM

who claim they’re gonna party no matter what. I can tell you this...there is a retain amount of practice that is required to actually play this fall. And that window is closing quickly. You better hope that this doesn’t drag out more than 2-3 more weeks, or there will be no football this fall. Call me an idiot if you want, but that’s the cold hard facts. I can’t help it if you don’t understand what it takes to actually orchestrate and carry out a football season.

There will be no 2020 college football season

Mar 21, 2020, 4:14 PM

If there is one - one with widespread intercollegiate play - tmail me and I'll send you $100 next Jan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There will be no 2020 college football season

Mar 21, 2020, 4:57 PM

You can’t say that yet. If we follow the same curve as other countries, there’s still a chance. My whole point is it’s a small window. It has to pass within the next few weeks to play with no alterations. So play the football card and see if people hibernate quickly. Why not? They’ve done everything else.

Mar 21, 2020, 6:24 PM

Just take the money. You aren’t risking anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 21, 2020, 9:09 PM

If we have football and he doesn't collect in Jan, then the money is yours swimmer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2020, 8:55 PM [ in reply to There will be no 2020 college football season ]

Football will be played. This will be over by July.

Re: How am I an idiot? Florida is still hosting spring breakers

Mar 21, 2020, 4:15 PM [ in reply to How am I an idiot? Florida is still hosting spring breakers ]

Not sure I'm following you on thinking we only have a few weeks? Think about what it takes to orchestrate the Olympic and that hasn't been cancelled yet. And that starts July 24...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How am I an idiot? Florida is still hosting spring breakers

Mar 21, 2020, 4:54 PM

That is a valid point, but the Olympics may be the most difficult of all to arrange considering all the travel restrictions and athletes from high risk areas. Perhaps they are hoping to salvage what’s possible. I assure you we will know something wry soon.

he has a point.. The weather is nice and the people round

Mar 21, 2020, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Question: If the White House and CDC want people to isolate ]

here are treating this like free vacation. they are NOT isolating themselves

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 21, 2020, 4:12 PM

One of the things that puzzle me is that in NYC they are practically begging people to stay in their homes and not venture out except for groceries and medical reasons....but yet they're still operating the busses and subways!

Mar 21, 2020, 4:20 PM

There's tons of people that operate and are considered essential personnel that have nothing to do with health care. They have no other means of transportation. That's why they're still open and running.

The government shut down state employees here in SC but they're still quite a few that have to work... You talk about work, it's taking a ton of logistics to keep schools running remote.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2020, 7:08 PM

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2020/03/21/college-football-coaches-send-coronavirus-message-social-distancing-no-season/2892279001/

Thank you, sir...Point for you!***

Mar 21, 2020, 7:12 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic