Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the NCAA had thrown FSU's or Clemson's QB out of...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,201

If the NCAA had thrown FSU's or Clemson's QB out of...

Oct 13, 2015, 10:20 PM

the game for a year over PEDs you can bet ESPiN would send reporters to stick their noses up our butts to sniff out another violation.

"There is nothing quite like the old college-football-weight-gain plan.

And it seems to have done wonders for Florida quarterback Will Grier, who’s reportedly taken the “freshman 15” to a new level. According to a story by CollegeSpun.com, he’s bulked up to 215 pounds after weighing in at 172 as a freshman."

http://collegefootball.blog.ajc.com/2015/08/02/this-florida-qb-has-put-on-an-insane-amount-of-weight/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question: Do they have to forfeit games he played in?

Oct 13, 2015, 10:22 PM

TIA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question: Do they have to forfeit games he played in?

Oct 13, 2015, 10:24 PM

Only if they found

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I'd imagine he's probably saying he just started...

Oct 13, 2015, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Question: Do they have to forfeit games he played in? ]

after the game against UcheaT. Seems like drugs are a continuing problem for the Gators.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13726625/florida-gators-suspend-jalen-tabor-treon-harris-1-game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2015, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Question: Do they have to forfeit games he played in? ]

Only if they found out the coaches knew about it.

I don't think that's the way it works.

Oct 13, 2015, 10:28 PM

If a player is not eligible to play then the game is forfeited.

Re: I don't think that's the way it works.

Oct 13, 2015, 10:29 PM

No games will be forfeited unless coaches knew. NCAA has already said that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The interesting thing is that the coaches did know

Oct 13, 2015, 10:40 PM

about the failed test before the Missouri game. But because they were waiting on the second specimen (or B test) to come back negative they played him anyway. This is acceptable according to NCAA rules for some reason.

Oct 13, 2015, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Question: Do they have to forfeit games he played in? ]

No. They wont. And while wrong, punishment doesn't fit crime. Kid took something over the counter from a place like gnc. Didn't beat a girl, rape, get caught with cocaine. Out a whole calendar year. Same crime in nfl is 4 games. Bit harsh for college kid that may not understand all the dangers yet, even if told. Actually feel bad for him after seeing him not even be able to speak at press conference. Could tell he was torn up about it

Two QBs failed drug test in one season because...

Oct 13, 2015, 10:33 PM

NCAA banned substances weren't listed or the coaching staff failed to hand out the list? OK.

Re: Two QBs failed drug test in one season because...

Oct 13, 2015, 10:35 PM

Exactly my point. Punishment doesn't fit crime. Not with half these players walking out of felonies with good lawyers and playing. He's a good kid (it seems) that made an honest mistake. Imagine if that was one of our boys.

Oct 13, 2015, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Question: Do they have to forfeit games he played in? ]

UNTIL....I repeat.....UNTIL, THE NCAA CLEANS UP THE MESS
AT THE UNIV OF NC, THEY SHOULD SHUT ALL ISUES DOWN!!!!!!!!! IT is
so unfair to all other schools,,,PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

null

Sure they are sending them to a Gainesville***

Oct 13, 2015, 10:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have they opened an investigation?***

Oct 13, 2015, 10:35 PM

Re: If the NCAA had thrown FSU's or Clemson's QB out of...

Oct 13, 2015, 10:39 PM

When I was into bodybuilding, it was not uncommon at all to see younger people put on that much weight or more. They could easily do it without roids. A whole lot of the right kind of calories and a lot of time in the gym. 20 year olds have enough natural testosterone to do it naturally. Old people like me would have to juice like crazy to see that much weight gain that quick.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,201
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic