Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB KB Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

QB KB Question

Sep 23, 2017, 11:43 PM

Hey team. I did not get an opportunity to watch today's game due to my sons out of town game. One concern I have is seeing KB rush 22 times in the game. How was his decision making when in passing situations? Was he being patient on his reads or just taking off as a first reaction? I hope the patience was there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The good news is that

Sep 23, 2017, 11:46 PM

Our dysfunction on offense wasn't due to Kelly for the most part. He had two picks but they weren't bad decisions or anything. Bad news is our o-line was...in the words of Nick Saban...leaking like sh*t through a tin horn. Kelly had no time to throw and our playcalling all but completely went away from the passing game til the 4th quarter. We need to get a lot better in a short amount of time if we want to beat VT.

Re: The good news is that

Sep 23, 2017, 11:47 PM

+1 on the VT comment

Agreed - really hard to evaluate Kelly on today's game.

Sep 23, 2017, 11:56 PM [ in reply to The good news is that ]

One INT was just a bad throw as I recall, and the other he was pressured right up the gut and hit as he released the ball. Hard for me to say if KB was hesitant, held the ball too long, or made bad reads, but BC's defense along with our poor OL play had a lot to do with it. We were just flat all the way around. Having said that, KB made some tough runs and showed some resiliency. Oh, and he led us to a decisive victory in the end, so there's that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

At least half of those attempts were called QB runs, not

Sep 23, 2017, 11:55 PM

even option, just plain old QB draws

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't crazy about the playcalling, but apparently we were

Sep 23, 2017, 11:58 PM

just trying to take what the defense was giving; we just didn't do a very good job of it for the most part.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I wasn't crazy about the playcalling, but apparently we were

Sep 24, 2017, 12:01 AM

we they didnt give very much for a long time. they wore us out w their D till 4th qtr

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we thought we saw what they were giving, but they

Sep 24, 2017, 12:04 AM

fooled us, and weren't really giving us that. They were prepared and executed a good gameplan on D.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: QB KB Question

Sep 23, 2017, 11:56 PM

he did not have time to do much of anything. Watching the game again and it seems BC was able read the receiver screens and took away the short throws. When he did go down field, he struggled with accuracy and got picked a couple times because he was pressured. also consider he had his back to the endzone most of the day and the staff called it conservative with a lot of run plays. It got a little tense when they tied us up in the 3rd quarter, but the staff stuck to the run game and it eventually opened things up.

BC definitely saw some things on film they could exploit because they seemed to know what was coming before the ball was snapped on a lot of plays. The coaches definitely have their work cut out form them in the film room. we looked very beatable today.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - coaches got some work to do.***

Sep 24, 2017, 12:00 AM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Yep - coaches got some work to do.***

Sep 24, 2017, 12:03 AM

if not for etn the score easily could have been 17-7.

Thank you, ETN!***

Sep 24, 2017, 12:05 AM

- H. L. Mencken

Sep 24, 2017, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Yep - coaches got some work to do.*** ]

also, they had our zone read on lock down. Bryant needs to do a better job reading the end because we lost yards almost every time he pulled the ball and tried to run outside. I do not know if they figured out our signals, or we were doing something pre snap, but they had us dead to rights on that play.

credit their front 7 though, that was a physical bunch.

Sep 24, 2017, 12:47 AM

KB needs to put a bit more zing on those sideline passes before someone takes it to the house.

Sep 24, 2017, 1:29 AM [ in reply to Re: QB KB Question ]

I believe on those wide receiver screens that were busted up was the fault of Bryant throwing the ball to high and leading the receiver past the block into the tackle. The blocking receiver is suppose to block the corner to the outside and let the receiver with the ball cut up inside the block.

Message was edited by: NorCATiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 1:16 AM

Honestly? The playcalling in the first 3 quarters was horrendous. He didn’t read the coverages on more than a few throws, had a couple lobs that could have been completions with more zip, and made some bad decisions on many of the read option plays in the first 3/4 of the game. I do blame Scott / Elliot for a lot of the playcalling but the execution just was not there, especially in the first half. Against a better opponent, today would have ended differently. Attrition / injuries on their side and depth on ours resulted in the victory, we never gave up and the defense, (as will be the theme of 2017), saved our tails until the very end. It’s very obvious, particularly after the second interception, that we still don’t have the utmost confidence in Kelly’s throwing ability. It’s a mix of inaccuracy and his failure to go through his progressions. I’m sure the receivers were frustrated. Must have been 5 wide open situations that were overlooked. I just hope these offensive growing pains go away before our defense runs out of steam. It’s a long season and sloppy play like we saw today won’t last long in the post-season. Film study tomorrow and prayers for better execution next weekend.

Glad to have gotten the win today. Go Tigers!

Sep 24, 2017, 1:33 AM

agree, we can not lean on our defense all season and not expect a game or two to get away from us down the road. BC made us look very one dimensional on offense today, and that is troubling.

He looked lost.

Sep 24, 2017, 5:19 AM

He ran more often because he was lost and would just run out of confusion at times. He is growing though and this game will help him later.

Re: QB KB Question ( CONCERN ??? )

Sep 24, 2017, 9:26 AM

Kelly Bryant has about the same rushing attempts in each game ( other than Kent St,) why the concern ?? I remember last year,when DW4 didn't run much,the question was why ???

Kent St, _________7 rush, 77yds
Auburn ___________19 rush, 59yds
Louisville_______ 18 rush, 26yds
BC ______________ 22 rush, 106yds

I think the offense takes what the defense gives em" ?? -- each game is going to be a challenge to see what the opposing teams come up with ,trying to stop our TIGERS !!!!

The play calls were for the QB run.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:34 AM

He wasn't given the option read much and not nearly enough of the deadly stuff was allowed in our passing game. All in all I'd say this was a fine example of Dabo's magic act. He can manufacture adversity from thin air. I've looked up both his sleeves and checked the vest pocket in his coat and still can't figure out where he hides it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The play calls were for the QB run.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:54 AM

KB did not do a good job overall yesterday. He missed quite a few reads both run and pass and tried to rely on his legs too much. He played hard and made some good runs, but on the other hand turned the ball over three times, two ints and one fumble. I hope he and the rest of the team can shake this poor play off this week and get their heads back in the game. I know BC played good, but man for man we were the better team and should not have slopped around so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic