Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Product of being elite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Product of being elite

May 26, 2018, 6:05 PM

I have said it before and Pickens just adds to my point. Our success and depth will help USC. Guys like Pickens would typically choose us but when they see a loaded depth chart will tend to choose earlier playing time. Belk is a special case because normally Dabo would not have granted him that release but Belk lied and used a lawyer to get what he wanted.

Also UGA being loaded will help them as well. The good thing is we have talent on top of talent. They won't have studs backing up guys like Pickens. So don't worry about them getting a big time player here and there. It takes a multiple high level recruits to compete with the big boys.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Product of being elite

May 26, 2018, 6:26 PM

I agree with 100% on your post. We can't blame a 5 star for choosing USuCk over us given our amazing depth and talent at the DE position.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2018, 8:29 AM

I agree with 100% on your post. We can't blame a 5 star for choosing USuCk over us given our amazing depth and talent at the DE position.

wasn't Belk a DT? Venables numbers will not be favorable come 2019. Inexperience will also abound.

May 27, 2018, 8:56 AM

How's it feel to be USED by Belk on his visit to krap hole Athens the other day? Have you taken a hard look at your joke krappy DL for THIS fall? LOL!! You come here pounding your chest for reasons unknown being Bama's little Beeoch for life and crack on Clemson? Go wash your dirty dog breath out you DA!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2018, 9:51 AM

How's it feel to be USED by Belk on his visit to krap hole Athens the other day? Have you taken a hard look at your joke krappy DL for THIS fall? LOL!! You come here pounding your chest for reasons unknown being Bama's little Beeoch for life and crack on Clemson? Go wash your dirty dog breath out you DA!!

First of all Mr Potatoe UGA's DL coach Tray Scott recruited Josh Belk while coaching at North Carolina two seasons ago. Kirby did not offer Belk last recruiting cycle (2017). Coach Scott invited the kid to visit Athens..........here are some facts that you can spin.

https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2018/05/25/strecruiting-belk-on-visit-with-the-dogs-and-talk-of-tampering/

May 28, 2018, 10:03 AM

Here is a fact for you...

You are pathetic little trolling piece of dog trash that would be banned from 90% of forums for the crap you post over here.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

My thoughts exactly. Our recruiting success

May 26, 2018, 6:31 PM

has helped USux. However, they should best take advantage of this small opening. They have been very fortunate the last several years due to Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee being down. All three are turning their programs back in the right direction and in two years the Coots will be back to their usual place battling for fourth place in the SEC East. Add to that, their out of division opponent is now Texas A&M and not Arkansas. They might win 9-10 next year but that’s a one and done.

Re: My thoughts exactly. Our recruiting success

May 26, 2018, 6:39 PM

Also think about our National Championship for a sec. It took 5 years of pulling in top talent to even sniff a NC. And even then we scored a last sec TD to win. We are now in a position where we can compete each year. Unless they can pull in a top ten recruiting ranking they aren't making up ground. This one 5* will not get them where they think they are headed. If you listen to those coots, they act like they are on their way to being a top 5 team over night. I'm not sweating it. We know what it takes to compete at a high level. They don't. Chump had even better talent at UF. He had a ridiculous amount of talent and he had 6 win teams.

May 27, 2018, 9:10 AM

I have said it before and Pickens just adds to my point. Our success and depth will help USC. Guys like Pickens would typically choose us but when they see a loaded depth chart will tend to choose earlier playing time. Belk is a special case because normally Dabo would not have granted him that release but Belk lied and used a lawyer to get what he wanted.

Also UGA being loaded will help them as well. The good thing is we have talent on top of talent. They won't have studs backing up guys like Pickens. So don't worry about them getting a big time player here and there. It takes a multiple high level recruits to compete with the big boys.

You are assuming that depth is the reason the coots got belk and pickens which is a stretch at best. Evidence suggests that top players want to play with and compete with the best. This is why Bama, tOSU and lately Clemson have top classes year after year. Depth is a minor issue for most 5 star players.

You should accept that Belk was not a good fit at CU and Pickens simply wanted to be a coot. We will still get our share of top talent.

May 27, 2018, 9:18 AM

I agree with you but getting a stud like Pickens will be a building block for them. Having said that they are light years away from competing with the likes of us.
When all is said and done, I predict we'll be 6-7 spots higher in recruiting circles for 2019.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont really agree with that.

May 27, 2018, 9:21 AM

Yea there will be some scraps they can pick over, but why would any 5* player say, well shucks, cant go to Clemson, guess Ill have to go to USuC. Makes no since. Just because you cant go to Clemson doesnt mean you settle for that dump in Cootville. There are dozens of better offers.

May 27, 2018, 9:51 AM

Since 2011 Clemson has signed 20- 5* players.
Scar has signed only 1. (Pickens hasn't signed)
Clemson will add possibly 4 more 5* players in this class.
Scar will be fighting to hold on to their 1.
The Clemson fans worried about depth and talent obviously don't pay attention to recruiting. Clemson is 10 years ahead of Scar.

May 27, 2018, 10:45 AM

As of right now they are the heavy favorite to land Savion Jackson (#3 DE) and a few others who they have a real shot at. As said before, the success of Clemson being a national champion helps SCar too.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2018, 11:25 AM

I will save this for signing day.

I would imagine that is 5 stars in one service

May 27, 2018, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Product of being elite ]

Or another(rarely is there a unanimous 5 star) but still very impressive . I think they had one( blackshear) from Beaufort a few yrs back was a 5 in one service but never heard his name in a single game( could have been health related)

Which is what you said in now rereading

May 27, 2018, 11:41 AM

Your post. Not too good for them

Re: I would imagine that is 5 stars in one service

May 27, 2018, 1:19 PM [ in reply to I would imagine that is 5 stars in one service ]

My #'s are from Rivals.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic