Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND statement about Dr Lou’s speech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

ND statement about Dr Lou’s speech

Aug 28, 2020, 10:20 AM

I’m not surprised that so many folks that fancy themselves Religious on here didn’t speak out tho

https://247sports.com/Article/Lou-Holtz-Joe-Biden-Notre-Dame-releases-statement-after-comments-Republican-National-Convention-Kamela-Harris-150784193/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

maybe he spoke the truth***

Aug 28, 2020, 10:33 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: maybe he spoke the truth***

Aug 28, 2020, 10:36 AM

Or maybe he’s just another hypocrite...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Re: maybe he spoke the truth***

Aug 28, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to maybe he spoke the truth*** ]

Lou Holtz molests children. May be true.

That was one of the most embarrassing parts of the RNC

Aug 28, 2020, 10:33 AM

The behavior and character we have witnessed in the age of Trumpism would have made people lose their minds if it was coming from the other "side".

Re: That was one of the most embarrassing parts of the RNC

Aug 28, 2020, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol just efin lol***

Aug 28, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to That was one of the most embarrassing parts of the RNC ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't pay that much attention to Lou...

Aug 28, 2020, 10:37 AM

I remember thinking his speech was one of the weaker ones (I typically feel that way when they become personal and less about the issues).

I think Notre Dame's statement is accurate. I'm just not sure of the specifics of what he said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't pay that much attention to Lou...

Aug 28, 2020, 11:37 AM

yep, that's the stuff I don't like...

Aug 28, 2020, 12:11 PM

even if it may be true ;)

I prefer for them to point out the bad actions/behavior - "Biden voted for the Iraq war," as opposed to personal statements - "Joe Biden is a miserable excuse for a human being."

....which is in line with the ND statement.

you don’t like Christians standing up for

Aug 28, 2020, 12:38 PM

That's not what I'm saying...

Aug 28, 2020, 12:54 PM

you ever hear the phrase, "hate the sin, love the sinner?"

Well that certainly is not a quote from the Bible, but I think its teachings support it.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." John 7:1-5

This is one of the verses that is most often taken out of context. Doesn't say not to judge, but to use the measure you want too be judged by. For me, that measure is grace. So that means it's perfectly fine to make a judgment on actions, but not okay to judge the person.

I think it is perfectly okay to say that Joe Biden supports abortion. That goes against Catholic teaching and is a bad thing.

I think it's not okay to say, Joe Biden is not Catholic or Joe Biden is not a Christian. I have no way to determine that because I do not know his heart.

I don't want someone look at my sin and condemn me either.

Re: That's not what I'm saying...

Aug 28, 2020, 1:00 PM

T3Tiger isn't a true Christian. Why listen to him?***

Aug 28, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to you don’t like Christians standing up for ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T3Tiger isn't a true Christian. Why listen to him?***

Aug 28, 2020, 1:16 PM

See you're still crying about TDs you snowflake

Aug 28, 2020, 1:24 PM

Lame.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not crying about anything just stating reality

Aug 28, 2020, 2:37 PM

You funny old man. Go cry to Crump some more

Aug 28, 2020, 3:02 PM

You gonna brag about your house size next? You can't afford to buy in the neighborhood I live.

Who's hiding behind a keyboard? You're the one that blocks people like an ole bitty. You trying to schedule another in-person fight?

Glad your tears finally dried up after TD pouting. A grown ### man crying to mods. What a child.

Re: You funny old man. Go cry to Crump some more

Aug 28, 2020, 3:14 PM

Some lakefront homes in Spence are spectacular

Aug 28, 2020, 4:00 PM

But non-lakefront sells for $100-$130/sqft. That's fancy to you?

Woodcreek is where folks go to stretch their dollars further than buying in town if that's your preference and don't mind the commute. Now if you live on a road like Spurrier's house, then I'll give you an atta boy.

I TD every post where you cried about TDs

Aug 28, 2020, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Not crying about anything just stating reality ]

It was well over 130 times. If you were an ECON major, you'd know how to count that high.

good response by ND***

Aug 28, 2020, 11:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

well-stated ND.

Aug 28, 2020, 11:21 AM

Between Granny's Catholic hypocrisy and Falwell Jr's evangelical hypocrisy, the GOP has the hypocritical religious vote in the bag!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably the only time I ever agreed with Lou

Aug 28, 2020, 11:35 AM

Re: Probably the only time I ever agreed with Lou

Aug 28, 2020, 12:43 PM

Yeah for religious hypocrisy and selective outrage!

Re: Probably the only time I ever agreed with Lou

Aug 28, 2020, 1:25 PM

TD me all you want but that priest knowingly provided communion to others who do not qualify for similar reasons.

Re: ND statement about Dr Lou’s speech

Aug 28, 2020, 11:48 AM

Old Lou is sowing himself quite a legacy. And I am not saying this because he coached in Columbia, but he represented everything that was wrong with college coaching during his time at ND, I am glad programs like clemson have set a better model for how these kids should be treated.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic