Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trade for #1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Trade for #1

Dec 1, 2020, 2:02 PM

Realistically speaking, what would it take for the Jets to trade the first pick. I can look at a lot of teams where Trevor could have an instant impact with the right personnel around him and you know teams are considering it. So what would it take? Open Questions?

disclaimer, I am not an NFL guy just check the stats of Clemson players on Monday mornings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trade for #1

Dec 1, 2020, 2:05 PM

Three 1st round picks would probably be the starting point.

Dec 1, 2020, 2:07 PM

Would something like that be realistic for a team like the Pats or other well established teams? H

The Jets need so much help all over the field...

Dec 1, 2020, 2:09 PM

it would be imprudent for them not to trade the first overall pick for multiple picks in sequequent rounds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 1, 2020, 2:11 PM

I don't know what kind of offer it would have to be, but I don't think its that far fetched. Darnold really hasn't looked bad at times, and the Jets need more than a quarterback to fix their problems. I could see a Jacksonville jumping up there. Would love to see the Panthers so he could play close to home, but that isn't gonna happen.

Looking at current draft order, NY, Jacksonville, Philly?, Carolina, Washington, Detroit, and Atlanta are in the top 10 and could be looking for a QB, whether its to try and move in the right direction, or replace an older guy. Should be fun to watch. I'm sure someone will at least try to make that trade.

Dec 1, 2020, 2:12 PM

The Dolphins, trade 2 first round picks and Tua

Dec 1, 2020, 3:45 PM

CASCU2012 said:

The Dolphins, trade 2 first round picks and Tua

If this happened....I wouldn't be mad ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trade for #1- the Jets are the Vandy of the NFL

Dec 1, 2020, 2:17 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trade for #1- the Jets are the Vandy of the NFL

Dec 1, 2020, 2:29 PM

The Jets are not going to trade the number 1 pick. Realize it was just a discussion type question. The NY media has been talking about #16 for the last 3-4 weeks on a daily basis. The question is how much will they get back for Darnold. Media people say-What GM wants to be responsible for trading away the talent that #16 brings to the table........

Dec 1, 2020, 2:31 PM

Probably the other teams entire draft and a couple of future firsts.

Dec 1, 2020, 2:32 PM

The last time the number 1 pick was traded:

The Rams will get the No. 1 pick, plus a fourth- and sixth- round pick from the Titans, who in turn will get the 15th overall pick in the first round and the Rams' two second-round picks and a third-round pick in the swap. Tennessee will also get the Rams' first- and third-round picks in the 2017 draft.

Dec 1, 2020, 2:35 PM

Goff?

So..

Dec 1, 2020, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Trade for #1 ]

Two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds for #1 overall and a couple of late rounders. And Goff ain't Trevor Lawrence... it will be more expensive to get #1 this year.

Probably more than it's worth to be perfectly honest

Dec 1, 2020, 2:37 PM

Something in the ballpark of three 1st round picks, and then whatever team gave that up to get Trevor has very little draft capital to work with for 2 or 3 years to build a team around him.

Re: Probably more than it's worth to be perfectly honest

Dec 1, 2020, 2:43 PM

My mind keeps going back to the Pats (think trevor resembles the same style player as Brady) They never make any big splashes in the draft bc they are always near the bottom of the first round and they have talent and deep enough pockets to rely more on free agency to build a team, and even though Cam Newton is not the name it used to be, he is still a former first over all pick and former league MVP with a 1 year deal.

Dec 1, 2020, 2:41 PM

Don’t underestimate the Jets

https://youtu.be/rZxNeFLuY98

Dec 1, 2020, 2:51 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln Riley leaves Okrahoma and hired by the Jets, picks Trevor Lawrence #1 then build team around him for 2 to 3 years.

Dec 1, 2020, 2:55 PM

Never never never never never going to happen.

Dec 1, 2020, 2:59 PM

The Jets have two firsts this year and two firsts next year. Five picks in the first 95 this year. They can pick Lawrence, and they still have a lot of high quality draft choices available to rebuild.

Wishing isn't going to get Travis out of the New Jersey swamplands.

Dec 1, 2020, 3:03 PM

Travis?

Dec 1, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Trade for #1 ]

After watching the Eagles play last night, they are hurting bad for a QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly believe it would take two #1's for them to trade

Dec 1, 2020, 3:56 PM

out of the pick. If Trevor is truly a generational type of talent, which I believe, and the NFL scouts believe, then merely trading for another teams lower #1 pick and some combination of later round picks ain't gonna cut it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic