Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those worried about a cancellation...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,724

For those worried about a cancellation...

Dec 14, 2020, 1:25 PM

Of course during these times you can never be 100% certain, but I think this was the biggest reason the ACC decided to not have Clemson or ND play this past weekend. That decision wasn't done to protect the game in terms of making sure neither team lost. It was done to minimize the threat of the game being cancelled due to contact tracing IMO.

Most of these games aren't being cancelled due to 20+ players having the virus at the same time, but because a few players likely have it, but another 20 or so have to be held out due to contact tracing. Teams are able to minimize the risk of contact tracing during practice. It's pretty much an impossible task to do so during a game though.

Let's say your starting center tests positive for the virus on Sunday following a game the day before. A team would end up having to sit down their entire OL, starting QB, and probably any other offensive player who shared a huddle with the center during the game. That's not even to mention the exposure on the sidelines.

It isn't likely that a game would be cancelled due to a few players coming down with the virus. That's why losing Lawrence didn't cause us to have to cancel any games. Had his positive test come on a Sunday after a game instead of a Wednesday then that situation would've likely been much different.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Want to beat ND, but a cancellation puts us both in the CFP

Dec 14, 2020, 1:28 PM

does it not?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably but ND would be crowned 2020 ACC Champion***

Dec 14, 2020, 1:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Probably but ND would be crowned 2020 ACC Champion***

Dec 14, 2020, 1:49 PM

Why? There would be no ACC championship and no champion.

Then 'Regular Season' Champions.***

Dec 14, 2020, 1:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: For those worried about a cancellation...

Dec 14, 2020, 1:28 PM

So if ND had their starting QB and several starters on defense out, you think they’re man enough to still play the game? I certainly don’t think so. I think they are pusses and would use the excuse in a heartbeat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

That's the biggest take away for me as a Clemson fan, and

Dec 14, 2020, 1:32 PM

also part of the reason that I enjoy Clemson football so much and have lost interest in so many other sports. The culture is just infectious. We like to call Clemson WRU and QBU and DLU and all that stuff, but it's also No Excuses U. We line up and play.

I should say, by the way, that the Notre Dame board that I have read has seen a very negative response to anyone suggesting that not playing the game is a good idea. To their credit, there seems to be a culture of "Line up and play" in that fanbase as well. And they have a lot to gain by being calculating and unsportsmanlike, so I am happy to see that their fans (for the most part) want nothing to do with that.

null

Who would EVER play a big game, in this year of all years,

Dec 14, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: For those worried about a cancellation... ]

(with the perfect excuse built in). . . . without their starting QB and 3 starters on defense ? ? ?

Ohhhh - wait . . . . .something, something - Integrity . . . . something, something - honesty . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: For those worried about a cancellation...

Dec 14, 2020, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: For those worried about a cancellation... ]

I don't think ND is worried about Book getting COVID because the rumor is that he had it when they cancelled their game with Wake earlier this season.

Rumor has it that's a major reason why they cancelled the game was because of the threat of losing without their starting QB.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,724
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic