Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Right winger Erick Erickson "About the Texas Lawsuit."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Right winger Erick Erickson "About the Texas Lawsuit."

Dec 10, 2020, 10:39 AM

Quite the right wing extremist voices his opinion.

https://ewerickson.substack.com/p/about-the-texas-lawsuit

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right winger Erick Erickson "About the Texas Lawsuit."

Dec 10, 2020, 11:13 AM

As a student of American history and government, I have found it increasingly discouraging to see how many Repug leaders have continued to go along with all of this Trump nonsense (for the last 5 years) as it has gotten progressively more and more ridiculous.

The flip side of the coin is that I find it individually interesting to see where these conservatives finally get off of the crazy train (see above).

Where will Lindsey and Mitch get off ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Part of me wants the Republicans to win this lawsuit and

Dec 10, 2020, 11:17 AM

overturn the will of the people and show their true colors.

Too many have been pretending that Republicans are something other than what they really are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need to focus on Jan. 5th***

Dec 10, 2020, 11:20 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that ONE of the purposes of all of this?

Dec 10, 2020, 11:25 AM

To keep Republicans enraged and engaged and to distract the country from Covid.

Pretty sure this lawsuit will not MAGA no matter how it

Dec 10, 2020, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Right winger Erick Erickson "About the Texas Lawsuit." ]

turns out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty sure this lawsuit will not MAGA no matter how it

Dec 10, 2020, 12:10 PM

I don't think the Supreme Court will take up the case but might be wrong. The states in question did break election laws which are constructed by the legislators. It look like the Obama plan legislate by executive order and the courts not from the legislative body was in play. If the Supreme Court does take it up then I don't see how they could have changed the law with out the legislative body. That is just me.

Re: Pretty sure this lawsuit will not MAGA no matter how it

Dec 10, 2020, 1:18 PM

I don't think the Supreme Court will take up the case but might be wrong. The states in question did break election laws which are constructed by the legislators. It look like the Obama plan legislate by executive order and the courts not from the legislative body was in play. If the Supreme Court does take it up then I don't see how they could have changed the law with out the legislative body. That is just me.

I think you're right about that and I also don't think SCOTUS even takes it up. If a state like Pennslvania has it's election laws laid out by the legislature and some counties or other entities don't follow them then it is up to the Pa. Supreme Court to resolve the state's own issues. That is following the Constitution, not violating it.

Texas has nothing to do with it neither does SCOTUS. It's a state issue. Texas doesn't have the power to tell other states how to abide by their own laws. Texas has no standing.

It's a bogus suit and "performance leg-humping" as Erickson put it.

I wouldn't be surprised on the other hand if SCOTUS didn't sanction the plaintiffs for bringing a frivolous suit to them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Erick Erickson was never a trumper

Dec 10, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Right winger Erick Erickson "About the Texas Lawsuit." ]

he calls it like he sees it and not always defending the party

his show on WSB radio is decent

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Dec 10, 2020, 11:40 AM

That is a hilarious quote from Erickson:

"I personally think my company should pay me workers compensation for brain damage for having to read that lawsuit and related filings. It really is one of the stupidest bits of performative leg humping we have seen in the last five years. These attorneys general are willing to beclown themselves and their states all to get in good with the losing presidential candidate."

He is spot on!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 11:59 AM

That is a nice read but funny thing that 16 other states have joined in on the lawsuit. If it was to get a pardon then I don't see the other states joining in.

He accurately attributes that to "performative leg-humping"

Dec 10, 2020, 12:08 PM

trying to curry favor with the orange vulgarian and his sycophantic minions.

Re: He accurately attributes that to "performative leg-humping"

Dec 10, 2020, 12:10 PM

Simple. They believe, rightfully so, that Trump will

Dec 10, 2020, 12:26 PM

continue to be THE MOST relevant Republican on the planet.

He will continue to be the king maker of the party and anyone who wants to elevate themselves in the party will have to kiss the ring.

Re: Simple. They believe, rightfully so, that Trump will

Dec 10, 2020, 12:33 PM

Republicans let that genie out of the bottle and he has

Dec 10, 2020, 12:52 PM

no intention of going back inside it. He has twitter and his own networks and media outlets to go with several hundred million in a slush fund and multiple foreign entities who love his tearing down of democratic institutions who he thinks may give him development opportunities going forward. He will want to keep open the possibility of him running in 2024 to maintain that relevance, power and income that he needs so badly.

He's not going anywhere any time soon.

Never heard of her***

Dec 10, 2020, 12:02 PM

WSB***

Dec 10, 2020, 12:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic