Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech

Jan 10, 2021, 10:15 AM

that is happening - ###-.

Tigers 10-2 reg season next year - early prediction.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is an understatement.***

Jan 10, 2021, 10:15 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech

Jan 10, 2021, 10:18 AM

There is no elimination of free speech. Do you have an example and do you understand what free speech is?

Jan 10, 2021, 10:26 AM

He’s referring to tech giants like Zuckerberg and Dorsey hiding behind the guise of a “private company” to silence conservative dialogue. You know like how like they banned the President but still allow the leader of the Iran, the leader in state sponsored world terrorism, to continue to use the platform to promote hate and violence. Such as saying the US will pay with blood for killing their terroristic leader Soleimani

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 10, 2021, 10:45 AM

Nobody is silencing conservative dialogue. Conservatives are all over Facebook and Twitter. They are silencing belligerent dangerous seditious dialogue that incites violence. Conservative are all over both both platforms. Hannity is there, Rush was on there, Don jr, you name it. Anyone who gets banned is a complete scumbag. It's almost impossible to get banned without being a complete POS, liberal or conservative.

Jan 10, 2021, 10:54 AM

Then they should have done the same thing this summer when there were riots, destruction and violence in several cities.

Why don't they at least get "fact-checked"?

Jan 10, 2021, 11:05 AM

I would have to see an example to compare scenarios. I will take your word for it though.

Jan 10, 2021, 1:41 PM

You said you watch the news from all angles.

Then you should have seen all the destruction and violence. Even people we know who don't watch the news regularly know what happened.

It's amazing how you conveniently "have to see an example" when examples are on display everywhere.

It doesn't really matter to me what the political affiliation is. Violence is violence. What happened at the US Capitol was wrong just as all the mayhem that happened last summer was wrong.

And we should all be concerned about any type of censorship.

Jan 10, 2021, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

I beg to differ. I reposted things to do when you have Covid.. Tylenol, hydrate, rest, steamy showers.. exactly what my doctor told me when I had it. I was cited for not following their “community standards” and told if I persisted my account would be deactivated. I have never posted anything that remotely hit me a warning. Don’t tell me they’re not censoring !

Jan 10, 2021, 11:02 AM

Fair enough, but is that political? They are are definitely censoring BS. I am not disagreeing there.
There is no question about that. It's a private company. We can get censored here as well. You must have been spewing some nutty nonsense about covid where they saw you as a danger to public health. That's all I can imagine.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:12 AM

Seems like your New Years resolution was how to win friends and influence enemies. You’re off to a very poor start.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

The words, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,” attributed to Patrick Henry.
These are famous words used by Patrick Henry, one of the people to sign our constitution and I believe he had a very good perspective of what the constitution was supposed to mean.
The right to free speech in neither Republican or Democrat; neither white nor black; neither male nor female, it transcends religions and citizenship.It is the responsibility of every person who lives in this country to defend.
Henry Was also quoted with saying,“Give me liberty or give me death". Maybe we should consider these statements in how we allow censorship of anyone's ideas.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:55 AM

Just so the history is correct. Patrick Henry did not say the first quote in your post (often attributed to Voltaire, but even he did not say it; one of his biographers stated it as a summary of Voltaire's attitude). Henry did not sign the Constitution. In fact, he opposed it.

The right to free speech does not guarantee anyone the right

Jan 10, 2021, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

to an audience for that speech. There seems to be a lot of confusion about that reality.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The right to free speech does not guarantee anyone the right

Jan 10, 2021, 5:30 PM

Fair enough. But Social Media has become an entirely different animal with the power to sway thought of the populous by what THEY want you to be able to read.

Hence why it is imperative that they get tighter restrictions on what they can and cannot sensor. And they should be able to be sued for double standards.

There are a bunch of sheep out there that will not do the research. The propaganda that they want you to see.

Free speech is dangerous to those that want to control

Jan 10, 2021, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

every aspect of your lives. Yet, supposedly, this is what Americans wanted and “voted” for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 10, 2021, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

What has just happened was not one "private company" enforcing its content policies.

This was a coordinated campaign by Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Google, Apple, and others to silence those whose ideology differs from their own. Nothing less.

Oh, and since you want to talk about "muh private company", how about you bake a cake for our straight wedding!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 2:43 PM

Bless your heart, all those conspiracy theories must be hard to keep straight.

I think bar for getting kicked off is one

Jan 10, 2021, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

failed insurrection and plans for second. Fatty would have been fine if he stopped at the one. They opened account back up as you know. So terrorists mentioned previously should be fine if they don't try to overthrow US government twice, but they still have one strike to burn so we will see.

Jane, you ignorant $lut...

Jan 11, 2021, 6:35 PM

America BURNED for seven months in 2020 while your tribes of alt-sexed Social Justice Warriors caused billions in damages to cities trying to overthrow the American system yet, unsurprisingly, no collusion among Big Tech giants to do anything BUT support their cause....

But they will lose. One side has seven trillion rounds of ammunition and the other side doesn't know which bathroom to use...

Jan 10, 2021, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

50 percent of these sites postings are BS so why should my BS be deleted before your BS.

There definitely needs to be stricter guidelines about what can and cannot be censored. Free speech has to be protected from all sides of the political spectrum.

If they are deemed to have censored free speech, they should be open to lawsuits and not protected any longer.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

I agree Facebook and Twitter censor what is posted. My point is that as a private company they have the right to remove anything from their platform that they want to.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

You certainly have your head in the sand. Either that or you are complicit with the movement.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

Here are actual quotes from people I can only assume are elected members of your party. They still hold office today and one fills a leadership position rather than a jail cell. Please respond to each quote of one and please, please attempt to contrast and compare the others words uttered on the steps of the Supreme Court as something other than deranged attacks on one of the three branches of the federal government. #### I even used one of your left wing news rags as the source.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-chuck-schumer-supreme-court-kass-20200306-tljovhj7yveeff4kgd2axl7bpy-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Jan 10, 2021, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

Should these people in the cited video be banned? Watch it. It's appalling. Should they be in jail for inciting violence? I find that there is either a gross hypocritical double standard or grossly uninformed people. By the way, I have yet to find the statement where DT encouraged anyone to violence. On the contrary, he specifically stated at 1216 on January 6 in DC to "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," (actual quote) so, how can this situation be so drastically misinterpreted? DT also activated the National Guard to calm the situation. That really happened. Explanations are welcome and encouraged.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/viral-video-shows-leading-democrats-promoting-uprisings-unrest-harassment

keep sliding

Jan 10, 2021, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

down that slippery slope.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

Where was all this when BLM and antifa were burning our country down and all the news outlets had anchors calling for it? I thought Clemson was different but there are more of you liberal idiots on here than anywhere else. I hope all you ##### bag blue haired soy latte drinking idiots get what you deserve. Then when you come crying for democracy I hope it punches you right in your brown covered nose and says go to hell!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

That is factually incorrect and you know it. YouTube and Twitter ban or shut down accounts every day with zero warning or feedback and when pressed give vague explanations. Their TOS is intentionally nebulous so they can shut anyone down at any time for any reason they deem legitimate! This is common knowledge.

Get on YouTube and watch episodes of Joe Rogan, Tim pool, Dave Rubin, and others, Brett Weinstein, that talk about all the people on the left and the right that are simply being rational but going against far left orthodoxy and they’re being banned and deplatformed and many of them are having their lives destroyed! All while the mainstream media and Democrats cheer encourage and champion those on the far left doing things infinitely worse including cheering those online and in person perpetrating violence and murder and riots across this country for the past two years.

I remember the CNN video where the reporter said it was a peaceful protest and there was a building burning down in the background.

I remember Chris Cuomo saying who says protests have to be peaceful!

All of big tech has conspired to shut down Parler and put them out of business. What is their rationale? That Parler is letting people say and do whatever they want which is violent and unsafe. Wow! Really? Seriously? First, that’s patently false. Because they do have a TOS and have blocked people for inciting violence.

We are barely months removed from congressional hearings on 230 reform where the CEOs and founders of those same tech companies sat before Congress and said under oath we can not monitor everyone, we’re not responsible for what people say, We are not a publisher, we are a platform. The words hypocrisy, double standard, irony, etc. don’t even begin to convey what they are doing. Actually it goes against anti-trust. It goes against Rico federal statutes. Every bit of it is illegal in about six different ways, but they’ll get away with it as long as the Democrats are in control because they all donate heavily to Democrats. And people that used to work for those companies that were executives at those companies are now filling the highest positions in our government and hugely over represented in the Biden administration.

It never ceases to amaze me the detachment from reality you liberals on this board have. You are so far out to lunch and have your head so far up your ### and are so far detached from reality and the truth that it is truly truly incomprehensible.

There are many Democrats and progressive and liberal academics that would look at you with their collective jaws on the floor and say son what world are you living in? They would tell you you’re an idiot! And they’re being shut down even though they’re part of the left. Because anyone that dares go against orthodoxy is canceled and destroyed!

Five years ago Brett Weinstein was a very popular tenured progressive professor at the most liberal college in America and he dared stand up to the most ridiculous woke command you could ever imagine as the university fell into chaos and students were literally in parking lots with baseball bats searching for him! He started warning right then that this is going to hit the main stream if we don’t do something right now! And this is a guy that is very progressive teaching at the most liberal college in the country. The people on the left, progressives, tenured professors at liberal universities, were the very first to see the warning signs and no one listened and look where we are today! These were not Republicans or conservatives. These were people on the far left saying this #### has gotten out of hand and it’s only gonna get worse! The left, Dems, mainstream media etc. are so radicalized at this point that these far left progressives are now being called alt right and worse!

Dozens of high profile extremely credentialed well respected Progressive journalists and academics that hateTrump, all lifelong Democrats, All far left by American standards just 5 to 10 years ago, are now being called Nazis.

Good Lord man, go on YouTube and look at the things that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton were saying just 5 to 10 years ago. They would be labeled Nazis if they said those things today. They would be called far right radical Republicans if they said those things today.

You know you’re lying, you know you’re full of #### just like all the other far left wackos on this board that seem like otherwise good people but what I don’t understand is why are you supporting this when you know it goes against everything America is about and goes against everything Democrats have been championing since the 50s. The democratic party right now is everything they have been trying to project onto Republicans since Reagan times 1000! You and other Democrats and liberals, regulars on this board, are supporting this nonsense 100%. What the #### is wrong with you people? Are you really that brainwashed? Are you really A communist and authoritarian? Because that’s what these people are. Actually they’re worse than that!

I especially love The far left fascination with Hitler and Nazis and fascism. You notice they never condemn communists. They never talk about all the people persecuted and murdered by communist dictatorship. In the pantheon of serial killers. In the pantheon of mass murder, Hitler was an amateur! Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, etc. all killed by the 10s of millions. Communism is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of millions of people. But the far left never talks about that. Why? Because they are communists! Communism has been loved and worshiped by the left for over 100 years. Communist symbols and flags were front and center at every BLM and antifa event, rally, protest, or whatever else you would like to call them!

The Democratic Party is beyond corrupt. Bernie Sanders would’ve been president in 2016 if not for democratic corruption. Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard could’ve easily been favored to win in 2016 or 2020 because millions and millions of moderates and Republicans would’ve voted for them. Yet the Democrats totally shut them out. CNN gave their people direct orders to not talk about them don’t invite them on their shows completely shut them out! They were deplatformed by big tech. Why? Because they are not woke enough! Because they’re not corporatist! Because they don’t support war and the military industrial complex, or radical late term abortion, because they’re for freedom of speech, because they’re rational moderate liberals!

Don’t watch these videos unless you’re ready to accept the fact that you’re just flat wrong about virtually everything!

https://youtu.be/f3j3RSxMSEg

https://youtu.be/PdgQE-13EA8

https://youtu.be/4vei5KmW4qQ

https://youtu.be/lcONFdcycTo

Question for You

Jan 10, 2021, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

Does TigerNet (a private company) have the right to ban a poster that constantly posts inflammatory, non-Clemson sports related information?

Re: Question for You

Jan 10, 2021, 10:52 AM

I assume you're talking about the person who started the thread or possibly yourself?

Jan 10, 2021, 10:55 AM

Anyone who wants to answer.

Jan 10, 2021, 10:59 AM

You're adorable. You tried to be witty. That was neat. You'll learn how to do it one day. Just keep trying. That's all that matters. TU

Jan 10, 2021, 11:05 AM

Carlsbad, I thought from your post at 10:45 that you were a person that one could have a rational conversation with. Oops.

Jan 10, 2021, 4:34 PM

I could have saved you the trouble from thinking if you had just asked.

Jan 10, 2021, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for You ]

Actually, what did he say that was wrong?

Yes, you couldn't answer the question, so resorted to name calling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for You ]

But I was specifically addressing the question to jsebe10, who put private companies in quotes in his post above.

Then my fault. I apologize. I was in the wrong. Sorry about that.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:06 AM

Apology accepted. Thanks.

Given their size and influence, those big tech companies have

Jan 10, 2021, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for You ]

a decent stick to invoke their “Good Samaritan” banning of constitutionally protected speech without the threat of liability.

Free DSP btw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Question for You ]

I think an argument could be made that organizations like Facebook and Twitter have become so massive that they’ve become public utilities.

More so than an anonymous Clemson message board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Not that it makes any difference, but I don't agree and they have not been classified as public utilities.

WOT? Facebook and Twitter 'public utilities'?

Jan 19, 2021, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for You ]

You're not srs, right?

They're private companies.***

Jan 10, 2021, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

Dem?

Jan 10, 2021, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

Oh no, not you again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 10:20 AM

I forgot to add, we are going 12-0 or 11-1 at worst reg season. The D will be great.

Jan 10, 2021, 10:39 AM

Yep. Joseph Goebbels would be proud of our media and tech giants.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 10:43 AM

For a bunch of people that worship the constitution, I find it rather odd that you guys have no earthly idea what is protected under the first amendment and what is not.

<###### width="300" height="154" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/3405571" frameborder="0">

Jan 10, 2021, 10:46 AM

I am pretty sure they aren't college grads. On a different note, what's up with the clock countdown?

That’s when his mixed tape hits the store!

Jan 10, 2021, 10:55 AM

Nm

Jan 10, 2021, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

that is when this nightmare ends.

<###### width="300" height="154" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/3405571" frameborder="0">

Jan 10, 2021, 10:45 AM

It would be amazing if you guys could muster the same fortitude when comes to the systemic silencing and disenfranchisement of people of color.

Ummm that’s funny. I see black people all over pro sports

Jan 10, 2021, 10:52 AM

Teams and on my tv. They don’t appear to be down and out...

Shows like Blackish and Dear White People prove your theory wrong.

If there was a whitish or dear black people show we would be considered racist And
They would be burning down their neighborhood and businesses over it.

Message was edited by: clemsonfan2000c®

Re: Ummm that’s funny. I see black people all over pro sports

Jan 10, 2021, 1:34 PM

Incredible

Jan 10, 2021, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

I challenge you, with the exception of Affirmative Action, to show me a law on the books that is racist in intent? Please.

The whole systemic racism and disenfranchisement of people of color is the biggest crock of sh*t thats put out by Liberals today. Black politicians are just as crooked as any other politician. Black president and black representatives and not one fckn soul did or has done a thing to combat this "systemic racism" agenda. Why? Because it doesn't exist. The one main point that I would possibly lean toward systemic racism would be the 94' crime bill who was authored by the same MFer you literally just voted to put in office. So, keep your head down and keep living on that Democratic plantation. They will keep you thinking you will never get a leg up in life because of the color of skin just to keep getting "dem votes".

Ill leave you with this.

"I'll have those N**** voting Democrat for the next 200 years!"---Lyndon B. Johnson, Democrat, United States President 1963-169....

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

What censorship and elimination of free speech?***

Jan 10, 2021, 11:13 AM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

the point is...

Jan 10, 2021, 11:31 AM

almost everyone gets their confirmation of their bias from Google, Apple, Facebook, twitter or a company they own. No, it's not censoring free speech, but they know what they're doing.

People will play along. Until they are dragged out into the street and shot in the head for something they posted.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I’m all for free speech.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:48 AM

We are going 12-0!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oops. 15-0 counting the ACCCG and the playoffs.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:51 AM

I guess my half full glass runneth over.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 12:02 PM

Things have gotten so bad in cootville it’s against the rules to post negative thoughts on TheBigSpur.

JC has guaranteed Beamer will be successful on TBS.

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jan 10, 2021, 12:09 PM

First the important stuff, I think we go like 13-1 next year, we are 2 years away IMO.

Second, so facebook locked me out and said I was not old enough to be on there, I have had a facebook account since facebook started, odd they don't have the ability to see the date I opened the account. (sarcasm here)

I have kept my posts non-political for several years so not sure what happened, it was before thanksgiving and frankly, I don't miss it. The interesting thing is there is no way to contact them to try to get help....so I have moved on from them and yes, they absolutely censor and block SOME people who they don't like....reference their zoom meetings with washington before Christmas.

Jan 10, 2021, 1:03 PM

Wonder if DJT is reading any of this?

Jan 10, 2021, 2:17 PM

Probably not, maybe he’s busy saving the world or something.

Better get some cash, gas & groceries for a week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 10, 2021, 2:00 PM

People seem to be genuinely confused between privately held companies and the government.

Tnet can moderate this board any way they choose, but that doesn't mean our First Amendment rights are under attack.

What's scary is that a sitting president who lost the popular vote by 7M votes and lost the electoral vote by the same amount of votes that he called a "landslide" back in 2016 has continued to spew baseless claims of fraud that have been laughed out of every court in the land, including in courts where he installed the judges originally.

What's scary is that enough morons out there believe him to the point where they showed up in Washington to rush our Capitol building while disrupting our electoral process that has stood for centuries as a beacon of democracy around the world. Thanks to these people, actual blood was spilled on the Capitol floor, including that of a police officer, and we have pictures of actual Nazis wearing shirts saying "Auschwitz Camp" and "6MWE (6 Million (Jews) Wasn't Enough)" smiling while desecrating our Capitol building.

What's scary is that the Vice President of the United States of America had to huddle with his family in the Capitol while listening to these hordes chant "Hang Mike Pence" repeatedly as his security detail was forced to kill a 14 year Air Force veteran who was attempting to climb through a smashed window to open doors into the Senate floor.

There are a lot of scary things in the world right now, but twitter deciding to take out the trash is not one of them.

Jan 10, 2021, 2:15 PM

To tboonpickens:
Well-said. Thank you for setting the record straight.
(It's amazing that 75% of the Trump cultists still don't think he did anything wrong. To them he is a demi-god. "What sedition? What coup attempt?", they say. The ignorance to accept over 25,000 documented lies, including voter fraud, by TheRump, in just 4 years, is appalling.)

Jan 10, 2021, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

To tboonpickens:
Well-said. Thank you for setting the record straight.
(It's amazing that 75% of the Trump cultists still don't think he did anything wrong. To them he is a demi-god. "What sedition? What coup attempt?", they say. The ignorance to accept over 25,000 documented lies, including voter fraud, by TheRump, in just 4 years, is appalling.)

Exactly. I’m amazed by the people who keep stating that this was all Antifa

Jan 10, 2021, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

people dressed up to look like Trump supporters, and they were the ones being violent. And 99% of politicians, as well as the media, was in on this huge plot to make Trump and his supporters look bad.

I believe those who stormed the Capitol truly believe that the election was rigged, and that fraud occurred. In that case, storming the Capitol makes sense. But where is the evidence that the election was stolen? I’m not talking about a few instances of votes being miscounted or errors being made, but true changing of votes that changed the outcome. Trump and his team kept claiming that they had a lot of evidence, but I haven’t seen it. If it truly existed, they should’ve released it.

I’m saying all of this as someone who voted for Trump.

What happened on Wednesday was disgusting.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Actually it hasn't been heard by the Supreme Court b/c of

Jan 10, 2021, 3:51 PM

lack of standing. The people who were bring the cases forth didn't have the full authority to do so. For instance Texas lacked "standing" to intervene in an election for the entire country. They don't have teh standing to argue on behalf of Wisconsin or Pennsylvania.

The only way that any evidence would have been explored would have been if the Supreme Court actually heard the case. Which has never happened. Had there been enough support to decertify last Thursday then it would have been a matter of the Supreme Court to look at the evidence and rule. Which seemed like a no brainer. Hear the case and then make a ruling to put it to bed.

IT would have put this all to rest. Either Trump is lying and the evidence he's spoken of is not valid OR he is vindicated. Either way, we will never know. Its all rhetoric as it stands now. If what Trump and Guilliani spewed for the last 3 months is actually real..it was was surely stolen. If what they talked about was exaggerated then nothing went down illegal. But we'll never know.

Re: Actually it hasn't been heard by the Supreme Court b/c of

Jan 10, 2021, 9:15 PM

We already know. Trump is 1-62 in all of his lawsuits about the election. He has no evidence or he would have made it apparent to the public. This was a free and fairly held election that he lost.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's made it apprent to the public countless times are u

Jan 11, 2021, 7:56 AM

kidding me? See what you guys need to figure out is that you can't rely on your news networks to give you accurate info. They have repeatedly given the evidence but no one wants to hear it or cares to go down that road b/c it will create a firestorm of activists protests and cause trauma again to our big cities. At least thats my guess. (Translation: no one has the balls to follow the law anymore.)

Pennsylvania overrode the state legislature that never voted and made mail in ballots legal. (200-300K ballots thrown out)
The state of Michigan had 200k more votes than registered voters.
Throw out all ballots where signature verification is amiss. (countless in many states)
Dead people votes to be thrown out.

Just these 4 points alone..if they're actually true gives Trump back Michigan and Pennsylvania. Wisconsin was going to decertify as well b/c of issues. So maybe even Wisconsin was not on the up and up either. GA was very close and any of the above mention issues could apply there, i dont' know every particular but there was mountains of accusation.

So if this stuff is brought before a supreme court, by Congress (with legit standing.) Then they could hear the evidence and make the ruling once and for all. WE would then know that Trump didn't have enough or he did have enough. Instead we're left with not knowing. And just trolling as the mainstream of how we understand the facts. So the divide widens. Which was so avoidable. Just hear the case and put it to bed.

Jan 10, 2021, 2:49 PM

Nuk is second only to his mom as the biggest thug in his own family.

Jan 10, 2021, 4:04 PM

Keep Nuks name out of your mouth!

Jan 10, 2021, 4:09 PM

So when the mods ban people on TNet, it's censorship? Don't think so

Jan 10, 2021, 4:22 PM

The right to "Free Speech" is not free, it was paid for by patriotic men and women through the history of this country. When delusional people like President Trump try to hide behind rights that he clearly has no clue about, the time is overdue for a change.

Jan 10, 2021, 4:25 PM

https://twitter.com/0NLY_4NGEL/status/1347688195375431681

Jan 10, 2021, 4:54 PM

Free speech is whatever the left and their buddies, big tech, want it to be. It can change in an instant if it suits their agenda or cause. It's ironic that all the things that are beginning to happen were the exact things that America was founded to protect us against. I suspect it will only get worse, and before long the majority of Americans will realize what has happened. Unfortunately it will take decades to undo what the left can do in 4 years. And before you bring out your torches and pitchforks, I wanted Ted Cruz 4 years ago. I thought Donald Trump had no place in politics (it turns out I was right about that). I did vote for him 2 times because I felt the far left agenda was much worse for the country that Trump. We will soon find out if I was right or wrong about that... I sincerely hope I was wrong and they do an outstanding job while in full control.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 10, 2021, 4:59 PM

Facebook and Twitter are not part of the government nor does anyone pay them to use their service so they can do what they want as far as sensoring without violating the 1st Amendment.

If everyone stops using them, they will go away or change their tune because they make their money off their users. #Go Social Media Free

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 5:11 PM

I think will clear up why Twitter banned President Trump.

https://twitter.com/mfbenji/status/1347688212597067776

Jan 10, 2021, 6:33 PM

null

Message was edited by: HumbleServant®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 10, 2021, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

duplicate

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Jan 10, 2021, 6:52 PM

Jan 11, 2021, 6:51 PM

Yeah, that's why the crap from over there is called #Landfill

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a reason the mange is the most

Jan 11, 2021, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty scary the censorship and elimination of free speech ]

laughed at board in the Clemson social media community. It's the Wal-Mart of Clemson message boards in terms of the demographic it attracts.

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic