Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Virus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 5,663

Virus

Jan 6, 2021, 10:47 PM

Our son, also a Clemson graduate, has the covid virus. So far looks like a mild case. Keeping our fingers crossed.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will pray for him.***

Jan 6, 2021, 10:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Have lifted him . . .

Jan 6, 2021, 10:50 PM

and y’all in prayer . . . Take care of each other!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just prayed for him.***

Jan 6, 2021, 11:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Virus

Jan 6, 2021, 11:19 PM

Prayers up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 11:23 PM

Praying for quick healing for your son.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 11:58 PM

My female cousin has had it twice and she has been sick for a couple weeks with some thought problems. She had it in March and again in December. So much with immunity. C'mon vaccine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 1:09 AM

Average immunity after infection seems to generally be ~3 months, so March to December was actually pretty good.

I had it in late October (a mild-ish case, thankfully), so I'm coming up on living on that borrowed time myself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 12:29 AM

Prayers for your son and the family.

Jan 7, 2021, 1:34 AM

Prayers up for your son.

I have had it now going on 11 days.

Jan 7, 2021, 7:08 AM

Make no doubt, it sucks, but don't feel as if I have any real fear. I would not call mine a mild case but certainly not the worse either. Probably the worse headache I have ever had, high fever and a very persistent hacking cough and I do sleep a lot too.

What I hate the most about it is the feeling like water has gotten up in my nose like I jumped in a pool. That is a bad feeling.

I am 50 BTW. Hope he feels better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I have had it now going on 11 days.

Jan 7, 2021, 7:52 AM

I got it after wearing my co-workers mask to go inside the gas station when he was sick. It sucks.

My head hurts after reading this...why would

Jan 7, 2021, 10:19 AM

your co-worker be at work if he new he was sick with the virus.

you wear his mask if you new he was sick with the virus, store sign or not.

you be riding with a sick co-worker.

Re: My head hurts after reading this...why would

Jan 7, 2021, 10:40 AM

This happened back in July before the virus was a really big deal. He didn't realize that his symptoms were the same as COVID and was just trying to gut out whatever he had.

We normally get gas and lunch at Durhams on Walhalla Hwy where you don't need masks, so I didn't have one. We needed to run to Greenville that day and I had to take care of business so we stopped at a gas station. I borrowed his mask when they told me I couldn't use the restroom without one.

If we knew he had COVID, we would have been in different cars and I definitely wouldn't have borrowed his mask.

Re: My head hurts after reading this...why would

Jan 7, 2021, 8:50 PM

FastChad said:

This happened back in July before the virus was a really big deal. He didn't realize that his symptoms were the same as COVID and was just trying to gut out whatever he had.

We normally get gas and lunch at Durhams on Walhalla Hwy where you don't need masks, so I didn't have one. We needed to run to Greenville that day and I had to take care of business so we stopped at a gas station. I borrowed his mask when they told me I couldn't use the restroom without one.

If we knew he had COVID, we would have been in different cars and I definitely wouldn't have borrowed his mask.

The virus wasn’t a big deal back July? Seriously?

Re: I have had it now going on 11 days.

Jan 7, 2021, 4:15 PM [ in reply to I have had it now going on 11 days. ]

i had it. no smell and body aches for a week or so. never a fever. i have had way worse hangovers. i am 65.

Prayers for any that have caught this thing. I am 66 with so

Jan 7, 2021, 9:34 AM

many underlying factors, that I live in healthy fear of getting it. Thank goodness I am retired and do not HAVE to venture out of my house very often now. Neighbor across the street had it about two months ago, and needless to say, my whole family avoided them literally like the plague.

Knowledge is power, so if you post on here and DO get this thing, please pass on any information about it that could help someone else. We may squabble about petty sports things on this site, but I believe that we are all One Clemson when it comes to surviving real world problems.

Again, prayers lifted for all those who have this virus, or have loved ones who have it. Stay Safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers for any that have caught this thing. I am 66 with so

Jan 7, 2021, 4:17 PM

User Logo
76er®
All-TigerNet [13431]
TigerPulse: 100%
Praye­rs for any that have caught this thing. I am 66 with so [2]
Posted: Jan 7, 2021, 9:34 AM

many underlying factors, that I live in healthy fear of getting it. Thank goodness I am retired and do not HAVE to venture out of my house very often now. Neighbor across the street had it about two months ago, and needless to say, my whole family avoided them literally like the plague.

Knowledge is power, so if you post on here and DO get this thing, please pass on any information about it that could help someone else. We may squabble about petty sports things on this site, but I believe that we are all One Clemson when it comes to surviving real world problems.

Again, prayers lifted for all those who have this virus, or have loved ones who have it. Stay Safe.

get the vaccine and get back to your life. i always said i would rather die while i am living than live while i am dead

Re: Prayers for any that have caught this thing. I am 66 with so

Jan 7, 2021, 4:59 PM

TU for the Jimmy Buffett reference at the end.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 7, 2021, 11:15 AM

Prayers and all the best

I have several colleagues and their family members with it unfortunately including young children

Most have recovered but there is one of them who probably has lung damages and is now suffering asthma symptoms

I also unfortunately have several friends that have died but most were early last year

There are still people getting infected up here unfortunately

God Bless

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 12:13 PM

Prayers for your son.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 3:22 PM

My daughter had it, no biggie.

Jan 7, 2021, 3:23 PM

Prayed

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I just got my positive test result

Jan 7, 2021, 3:32 PM

Now ....i'm trying to figure out who gave it to me. ..some 1 is getting a turd emoji.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I just got my positive test result

Jan 7, 2021, 4:20 PM

Same here. Woke up yesterday with my head stopped up and couldn't smell or taste anything. Tested positive last night. Steroid shot in the a$$ and a 5 day round of pills. Feel much better today than yesterday.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just got my positive test result***

Jan 7, 2021, 8:52 PM

Re: I just got my positive test result

Jan 7, 2021, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I just got my positive test result ]

Same here. Woke up yesterday with my head stopped up and couldn't smell or taste anything. Tested positive last night. Steroid shot in the a$$ and a 5 day round of pills. Feel much better today than yesterday.

What kind of meds did they prescribe for a 5 day course? Just curious. Hang in there.

Jan 7, 2021, 5:28 PM

Prayers and love!

Replies: 27
| visibility 5,663
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic