Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Post your Clemson basketball expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,194

Post your Clemson basketball expectations

Feb 17, 2019, 3:53 PM

What should our average record be - overall and ACC, and frequently should we make the NCAA tournament. Lets assume 32 game seasons (that's roughly what we play with 2 ACCT games) and 18 ACC games to make it easier.

So for example:

21-11 (10-8), NCAA appearances 50% of the time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Post your Clemson basketball expectations

Feb 17, 2019, 3:55 PM

keep me somewhat entertained until the spring game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 4:02 PM

For BB, I have zero expectations I haven't given it a dime's worth of thought. I assume that they are still playing and will complete the season in some form or fashion. I wish them well.

Feb 17, 2019, 5:27 PM

dgcannon39 said:

For BB, I have zero expectations I haven't given it a dime's worth of thought. I assume that they are still playing and will complete the season in some form or fashion. I wish them well.

I’ve seen several posts where you have criticized CBB and or the program. Maybe you are joking or have memory loss...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only serious answer in this thread so far. +1***

Feb 17, 2019, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Post your Clemson basketball expectations ]

Feb 17, 2019, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Post your Clemson basketball expectations ]

That is one Clemson's biggest issues. Most Clemson folks like you care more about a practice ( spring game ) than an ACTUAL basketball game

Feb 17, 2019, 4:06 PM

I see it through a different standard that’s easy to follow...

Because the ACC is so heavy with these so-called blue bloods that buy players...the minimum expectation should be that we do not play on the first day of the ACC Tournament. That means we’re in the top nine of the best conference in the country, and are at least on the fringe of an NCAA bid. The new 20-game conference schedule should help that metric play out.

Feb 17, 2019, 4:06 PM

I think we should make it three every 5 years on average. One of those three years should be top 20 team that can advance far in the tournament. This is NCAAT I mean. I don't think thats asking too much. We are not doing that under Brownell. For those who see three trips to the NCAAT including last year coming. Explain to me where it is if we don't make it this season? This will be good...

Feb 17, 2019, 5:09 PM

nctigs said:

I think we should make it three every 5 years on average. One of those three years should be top 20 team that can advance far in the tournament. This is NCAAT I mean. I don't think thats asking too much. We are not doing that under Brownell. For those who see three trips to the NCAAT including last year coming. Explain to me where it is if we don't make it this season? This will be good...

We have never made it 3 of 5 so all of a sudden Clemson becomes a basketball school?

Feb 17, 2019, 6:17 PM

nctigs said:

We have never made it 3 of 5 so all of a sudden Clemson becomes a basketball school?

We did make it three times in 5 years. Barnes three straight years and Purnell in three straight years, and then Brownell did it the next year with OP's playere. There is your at least three out of 5 years

I believe that our goal should be to have a top 20 program.

Feb 17, 2019, 4:50 PM

That means being a fixture in the top 1/3rd of the ACC and the NCAA Tournament, ideally with the occasional contention for a championship.

For that to happen, a lot needs to change in terms of how our university views and prioritizes basketball. I realize that we have never done that in our history, but I refuse to believe that we aren’t capable of it. After all, we’ve never tried.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 17, 2019, 5:09 PM

Best should be our standard!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 17, 2019, 5:47 PM

I want to contend for an NCAA berth every year.

I want to occasionally threaten to win the ACC.

For every blowout loss to a top team or loss to a team below us in the ACC, I'd like to see an upset of a team above us.

Other than that, I just want to see competitiveness.

If this weren't a Senior laden team which made the Sweet 16 last year, I'd be OK with where we are this season. As it is, I haven't watched many of the games and I usually watch every game.

Given the number of Seniors on the team, I expect us to take a step back next year.

I think it's unreasonable to not have mediocre results and then have to rebuild.

Finally, I'd like an explanation for why other teams hit career three point percentages against us.

Seems like if we could fix that, we would have several more wins every season.

Message was edited by: castaway®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCAA Tourney 75% of the time.***

Feb 17, 2019, 7:55 PM

Re: NCAA Tourney 75% of the time.***

Feb 17, 2019, 8:25 PM

Make 75% free throws. That will make a lot of difference.

We are shooting 73% as a team this year.

Feb 17, 2019, 9:19 PM

Not bad at all, and way better than we did under Purnell, Shyatt, Barnes, or Ellis.

Of course, I don’t expect the whiners on here to give Brad credit for improving our FT% significantly. Doing so would be at odds with the statements that he’s a horrible coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: We are shooting 73% as a team this year.

Feb 18, 2019, 7:10 PM

Yup.

Feb 17, 2019, 8:24 PM

Go to the NCAA tournament at least 5 times every 10 years. Beat UNC in the Dome 1 time before I die .
Other than that I really don’t expect much .

Feb 17, 2019, 8:26 PM

Beating the goats in Chappie knoll is the eternal dream.

Feb 18, 2019, 1:57 PM

I'd like to get at least to the round of 32 every 2-3 years. But, I am also thankful that we do not have a player missing the season because of the FBI investigation. We did not have a player miss this past weekend because of an arrest. Those two stats alone put us ahead of Miami and NCSU.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,194
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic