Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Poor Lamar Jackson""
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

"Poor Lamar Jackson""

Apr 28, 2018, 9:37 AM

Not anymore !!! __ Watching the draft and Jackson was the last pick(32) of the first round -- you could tell from his facial expression, that he was not happy,getting picked in the last slot* -- I would like to see what his expression will be,when he checks out his bank account next week or so ?? Wow,what these kids get for the first round

1st round pick #32 - Lamar Jackson - total contract, $9,589,930 - signing bonus $5,044,895

and I would bet,Baker Mayfield doesn't care what people think about him or his dooshbbag ways ???

First round #1 Baker Mayfield --total contract. $33,158,294 -- signing bonus $22,185,523

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2018/04/27/2018-nfl-draft-1st-round-rookie-salary-projections-what-mayfield-barkley-and-darnold-will-make/#24100bbc4581

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson""

Apr 28, 2018, 10:38 AM

Meanwhile, teachers and law enforcement work their tails off 12 hours a day and are lucky if they start out over $30k.

Re:

Apr 28, 2018, 10:46 AM

Just an example of Capitalism. Whole lot more people can be a police officer/teacher/firefighter/emt etc, very few have the tools and genetics to become nfl players.

I do wish they were paid more tho!

Apr 28, 2018, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

Not really sure what the two have to do with each other. One is market driven one is not. That's what government run gets you. The whole "I see inequity, so there must be injustice" is really stupid. LE should make more. The reason for that is not the NFL

Apr 28, 2018, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

If you don't like it start sending money to teachers instead of buying football tickets.

And the don't work 12 hours a day.

Apr 28, 2018, 11:18 AM

I would say my daughter works a minimum of 12 hours a day, and she is a school teacher.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Then she

Apr 28, 2018, 12:55 PM

isn't doing it right. SO you are saying that your daughter works from 7 am to 7 pm M - F? Come one now. I'm sure she's a committed, hard working teacher and all that, but 60 hour per week?

Who requires that of her? :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Teachers work

Apr 29, 2018, 2:04 PM

from about 7am to 3pm pm every day, and then stay about 2 hours after school to help students even more. they stay even longer if they coach or run a group of some kind. then you have meetings and stuff. Then they finally get home and have to grade 5-7 classes worth of work. So yeah I would say they work 10-12 hours per day. how many do you work?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then she

Apr 29, 2018, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Then she ]

I’m saying she works every day, but weekedas she leaves home at 6:00 and school at 6:00. She brings papers home to grade.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

how dumb are you?

Apr 29, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Then she ]

Teachers work 10-12 hours a day easily. More some days. Geez... clearly you've never encounter a teacher.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I like your posts Mojo but teachers do work about 50 hours a

Apr 30, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Then she ]

week BUT we all must remember they usually get at least eight weeks off in the summer unless they pick up a summer job like some do. It is worth noting administrators don't get that kind of time off but teachers usually do. My wife is a teacher and has been since she first graduated from college

Apr 28, 2018, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

My sister and mother are/we’re teahers and they worked 10-12 hours a day if you consider grading, conferences, lesson planning, studying curriculum.

He derserves way more than teachers and officers.

Apr 28, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

I think those people are underpaid, but he deserves way more than they do. The NFL is a productive entertainment business. He is an athlete entertainer. Mick Jagger makes more than teachers too.

He does?!

Apr 28, 2018, 12:58 PM

That s.o.b.!! :)

Caaoitalist ######## are trying constantly to improve their lot in life? Say it ain't so! ;)

Re: He derserves way more than teachers and officers.

Apr 29, 2018, 1:06 PM [ in reply to He derserves way more than teachers and officers. ]

+1 for Jagger make a lot of money, and that he does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

Well, the 2 you mention(teachers/police/ toss in firemen) are all paid bt tax dollars. People lament the salaries but scream bloody murder if tax rates go up to reflect paying more for govt. employees. NFL players are paid by teams which generate dollars from TV and merchandise and fans of course. So in fact to lament them making what they do and then watching /buying stuff, going to games kinda puts a hole in your arguement.

May 4, 2018, 11:49 AM

You still dont get it. The reason people can complain about tax dollars is because they cant choose which services they want. Its compelled through force. I can literally decide not to watch a single NFL game or buy tickets the rest of my life. Quit connecting the two. They couldn't be less connected. By the way, no one complains that teachers make too much money. We simply say your profession was a choice and quit complaining about it all the time. Doesn't mean you aren't valued. It means I'm tired of hearing about it. This victim hierarchy crap is killing America. Everyone acts like they're constantly getting shafted. The only people getting shafted are the ones who dont have a choice. Taxpayers.

Seriously man?

Apr 28, 2018, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

What's this comment even supposed to mean? In America, people choose our professions and we can CHANGE the if we want to do so. If folks aren't appreciated or paid enough to suit them, they can CHANGE their profession if they want choose. To choose to #### and moan and play 'oh woe is me' or any equivalent, is pure b.s.

Please take any 'social justice' equivalency and put it up your fundament. ;)

Apr 28, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

Its the way the world works. There is a lot of money in sports.

Apr 28, 2018, 6:05 PM

And Hollyweird pays Decaprio $$$$ Millions so he can fly a personal jet,ride a limo to a Climate Change rally and bloviate about YOUR carbon footprint...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Male police, firemen, EMT's, teachers should go NFL

Apr 28, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

And how about females? Let's not discriminate against them. They should go NFL too. #Fairness. #Title IX. #MeToo.

Now back to real world where top pay classes are quite often dependent on genetic mental and physical gifts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

It's simple ...market driven forces... we can complain about teachers and law enforcement, etc, but the bottom line is the NFL players are elite level skill/talent and your average teacher/law officer is far from it... It doesn't mean they're less valuable as individuals, but simply that money input drives the salary. No one has to like it but it's fair, and that's not debatable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct answer!

Apr 29, 2018, 6:41 PM

Clear, concise. TU for you!

But then take 3 months off.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

Don't tell me, oh but they can work summer school and work year round. I knew some who took summer classes and it was not school, it was just put in the time , pass the class.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then stop supporting the nfl***

Apr 30, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 4, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

Lucky to start out over 30k? So that implies most are making under 30k? That's complete BS. Teachers in NC start out at 35k/year. This is based on 10 months of working, but doesn't include all of the holidays and spring break etc.

They basically work 9 months a year and start out at 35k. Also, they knew how much the pay was and chose that career path. It's ridiculous that teachers choose that career and then proceed to complain about pay.

I started a job right out of college working 50+ hours a week and only making 37,500. It wasn't great, and certainly was on the low spectrum right out of college for my major but I didn't ##### and moan all day.

You know what I did? Instead of complaining, I went out and got another job that paid more.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, where are you going to get the tax base for these

May 4, 2018, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: "Poor Lamar Jackson"" ]

people if some other folks aren't making and spending crazy money?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2018, 11:46 AM

I don't begrudge anything these guys make, but for the life of me I don't understand why you give some of these guys millions before they have done anything and then they don't even bother to show up for work ...... Think Johnny Manziel!

Apr 28, 2018, 11:48 AM

Easy... bc if you don’t another billion dollar team will. It’s sad but it’s the current situation of having rare talent and 32 teams that need it and have money to burn.

Count me jealous ... can I hold a dollar?

Apr 28, 2018, 1:00 PM

That's some high quality cash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A part of me is sickened when the wrong things are rewarded,

Apr 28, 2018, 3:58 PM

or so conveniently overlooked. The rest of me, the rational part, devotes a certain level of energy and concern to it that is roughly equal to the amount of control I have over it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 28, 2018, 7:02 PM

LJ got the better deal: Not having to play for the Cleveland Browns is worth at least 23 million dollars.

"Poor Aaron Rodgers"

Apr 29, 2018, 1:32 PM

Going late worked out for him. I hope Lamar finds much success as a QB in the NFL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamar is rich.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:36 AM

I am happy for him. He's a terrific athlete and I hope he finds a niche where he can shine and I can watch him.

About the 60 hour week thing........I have not known many people who were very successful who worked anything close to a 40 hour week. Seven 12s is not impressive. Yea, you gotta take some time for yourself but the successful people I have know, from teachers to entrepreneurs, from musicians to doctors, from small business people to preachers all seem to never pay much attention to the clock and to log what seem like countless hours at what some would call work and most successful people call living.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moreover, he wasnt supposed to go early 1st round.

May 4, 2018, 1:43 PM

I also will be pulling for him. He will sit this next season and hopefully he is ready after that.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic