Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,034

Plyler's Blog:

Mar 31, 2016, 9:25 AM

Who's Jersey is It?
A topic on my radio show this week has been the fact that Clemson and Nike have taken a preemptive strike against potential future issues concerning jerseys for public sales.

Clemson has joined a growing number of schools that have decided to try to avoid any future p

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog:***

Mar 31, 2016, 9:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog:

Mar 31, 2016, 9:46 AM

Just a load of bull

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2016, 10:21 AM

Like the Eagles say in Get over it "Maybe Ole Billy had it right kill all the Lawyers" William Shakespear.

How many fat rednecks had a Garnet #7 jersey a few years back?

Mar 31, 2016, 10:04 AM

That is walking a fine line; obviously the jerseys of past had numbers of the best players on the team to increase sales.

Do yourself a favor- buy a #1 CU jersey. If you did back in the 90s, you've represented:

Antwan Edwards
Woody Dantzler
Airese Currie
James Davis
Martavis Bryant
J Kearse / T Thompson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

After the EA Sports Lawsuit..

Mar 31, 2016, 10:14 AM

This makes sense for liability purposes (Not that the actual liability makes sense anymore).

A few years ago, players (I believe) were successful in suing EA sports for the football video games where their likeness appeared even though it didn't have their names, it had all the correct numbers, heights, weights, skin tones, etc.

Even though it's ridiculous that it's come this far.. Legally, you can't be too careful I suppose.

Something for Nothing......

Mar 31, 2016, 10:23 AM

It's a Clemson Jersey....

A number is fine.

Just don't put a name across the back....

Frankly, I wish Charmin would make some Ed O'Bannon toilet paper.

typical killing of knats with sledgehammers

Mar 31, 2016, 11:05 AM

everyone involved in the O'Bannon case, NCAA schools, etc., is so paranoid that they'd rather go a hundred miles overboard rather than to come up with a sensible waiver, etc., in order to mitigate issues down the pike. You see this type of paranoia overthink stuff in the military every time an issue pops up. People in high places have to look like they are "ahead" of every issue that MAY come up, and though that is good at times, oftentimes it becomes almost comical in its paranoia. Before the season, have all players sign waiver who have no issue with it, those that do have an issue, send Nike their numbers and don't print them. The sad thing is that our world is so lawsuit happy that part of me gets why they have taken this precaution. Wait, belay my last....it's probably a good decision given how ridiculous our society has gotten with butt hurt lawsuits. Whatever. Spot the #### ball and let everyone enjoy their number 1 and 16 jerseys while the Tigers hit folks in the teeth.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sets the stage for unlicensed jersey sales

Mar 31, 2016, 11:10 AM

I get it that the University is trying to be careful. The University also gets a huge check for licensed jersey sales.
However, this decision may be premature and will likely create more unlicensed sales of jerseys with the number 4 or others. This may cost the University some royalties.

Now is the time for online markets like www.aliexpress.com to reap sales from Tiger fans. There are already several listings for these "black market" Watson jerseys. Just go to that website and search for "Clemson Jersey 4". While it may not be an official Clemson Nike jersey, if you want to get your favorite player's number on a close replica, you can do it.

Here is an example priced at $22.99:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-Style-Clemson-Tigers-Low-Price-4-Deshaun-Watson-Jersey-Orange-College-Football-Jerseys/32601701145.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.110.SKrsW9&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_4_10017_10036_10005_10035_10006_10034_10021_507_10022_10020_10018_10019,searchweb201603_9&btsid=51dae5e5-0759-414b-bd85-cfe64072fef4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you Mickey

Mar 31, 2016, 11:32 AM

the NCAA should just go ahead and OK players being able to make money off of their name. I'm really looking forward to buying some authentic number four jerseys and playing some NCAA football on the old XBOX.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2016, 12:03 PM

sheer stupidity...another example of political correctness and common sense thrown in the ditch...a bunch of raspberries to the authorities at Clemson behind this decision...

why not sale a blank jersey then....

Mar 31, 2016, 12:25 PM

the person that buys it can put any number they want on it.

lawyers***

Mar 31, 2016, 1:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lawyers***

Mar 31, 2016, 8:10 PM

The answer to this is simple.......catch a 6yo kid with a 4 jersey on and sue him for all his future earnings

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,034
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic