Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offered 16 5* Recruits in 2021
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Offered 16 5* Recruits in 2021

Mar 5, 2020, 8:43 AM

so far. We have gotten 2 already. Foreman & Linthicum. Land at least half of who's left and Georgia will still have number 1 recruiting class........

2 5*RBs - Shipley(lead), Henderson

3 5*OTs - Brockermeyer, Rucci(lead), Leigh

3 5*CBs - Grimes(lead), McKinstry, Marshall

2 5*Ss - Collier(lead), Williams

1 5*DT - Page(lead)

it's going to be difficult putting a team with 9 5*'s at number 2. but 247 and rivals will find a way lol

We could potentially top this years class. UNREAL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not correct.

Mar 5, 2020, 8:49 AM

Page is not a 5*.

We do not lead for Grimes. We might be 3rd at best.

Collier is not a 5*.

We do not lead for Rucci, but we might lead for Leigh.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: This is not correct.

Mar 5, 2020, 12:17 PM

I've said this so many times over the last few years I am tired of typing it, but just because Rivals does not have a prospect as a 5* DOES NOT MEAN he isn't one. They are no better (or worse) at talent evaluation than ESPN or 24/7. If any one of them has a guy as a 5*, then he IS a 5*. PERIOD!!

Mar 5, 2020, 1:16 PM

OK. So what about Linthicum? He's not in the top 100 in Rivals, 247, or ESPN. Linthicum is not a 5 star at this point.

Wrong

Mar 5, 2020, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: This is not correct. ]

I'm not basing this on Rivals, 247, or ESPN's current rankings. I'm basing this on where they are currently ranked and where they are projected to be ranked. Page won't end up a 5*. He isn't a 5* on Rivals OR 247.

And ESPN's rankings are smoking hot crap. If you put any weight in those, then you are a fool

Mar 5, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to This is not correct. ]

https://247sports.com/Player/Payton-Page-46055295/

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/236040/payton-page

Definitely don't lead for Grimes in fact I think we're barely in it and possibly in second for Rucci but him being a legacy for Penn State who's right down the road for him will make it very tough but we do lead for Leigh at this point from everything I hear. Mckinstry though I do believe we still lead for as he's just been quiet with his recruiting but we made a good splash with him so as of now we lead I believe.

Page is not a 5*

Mar 5, 2020, 9:02 PM

ESPN rankings are garbage. He is not a 5* on Rivals or 247.

Re: Offered 16 5* Recruits in 2021

Mar 5, 2020, 8:57 AM

Can we catch the virus from your handle? Seems dangerous. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please wake me up when a #1 recruiting class

Mar 5, 2020, 9:08 AM

per the "experts" at Rivals, 247, or ESPN ever equated to Clemson winning a National Championship.

Better yet, wake me up when somebody else's #1 recruiting class stops Clemson from winning a National Championship.

The ONLY thing more subjective than #1 recruiting class is the opinions of fans who cheer on #1 recruiting classes.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please wake me up when a #1 recruiting class

Mar 5, 2020, 9:31 AM

I get what you are saying but with the way recruiting is trending around the country it is imperative to compete for the #1 class if you want to win the national title.

Even as recently as 3 or 4 years ago it didn't matter about being close to #1 because the top recruits were relatively spread out over 10 or 12 schools, so loading up on 4 stars and finishing around 10-12 worked for Clemson to rise to the top.

However, things have changed.

Top recruits are all going to about 5 or 6 schools now which means each of those 5 or 6 schools get a higher percentage of the top 50 players.

The talent gap is widening between 1-5 and the rest of the country.

At this point, if we don't keep our recruiting in the top 5, then we won't continue to compete for national titles.

Mar 5, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Please wake me up when a #1 recruiting class ]

Recruiting is a direct indicator for national championships. This is a strange argument, I get it a player ranking doesn't help them on the field but there isn't any team without high rated recruits across the field competing for national championships. Example no team has ever won a NC without at least 1 5* on the field.

Mar 5, 2020, 7:28 PM

To add on to your point, no one 5 star will win a national championship, but the accumulation of talent will. There are too many busts, but the more 5 star recruits you have, the less likely you are to miss. That's why every national champion since 2000 has had at least 3 top 10 recruiting classes in the 4 years before their championship (in one of the 3 major ranking sites), the only exception was Oklahoma in 2000, and that one is debate-able, recruiting just wasn't tracked and evaluated at the same rate it is today back then. So to say 5 stars and overall rankings do not matter at all is laughable, naive and flat out wrong (agreeing with you Sethsly).

Mar 5, 2020, 9:45 AM

We don't lead for Shipley.

We are out of the running for Brockermeyer.

Optimism is fine but I prefer accuracy.

Mar 5, 2020, 11:07 AM

No way Brown let Shipley get out of NC!

Mar 5, 2020, 12:23 PM

No way Brown is in it lol.

We lead for Shipley. Not over by any stretch but we are out front with NC State (parents alumni), ND, and little further behind Stanford still squarely in the mix.

Mar 5, 2020, 1:30 PM

When did Linthicum get his fifth star and from which rating service? He has been the No 1 center recruit by one or more of the recruiting services but from what I have seen did not have that fifth star.

The major recruiting services usually have about 30 prospects rated as 5*****. There should be very little difference in a player rated 25 - 30 than those rated 31 - 35. A team that could sign most of their plyers in the 31 - 35 range would have a super recruiting class, maybe better than a team that signs five 5*****. But, as we are all aware, jewels can be found all across the board.

Based on talent alone, the 5***** recruits are the prime targets, but the skill players tend to dominate the 5*****. Seldom do we see an OL prospect in the 5***** group.

Our staff does an outstanding recruiting job. When they can go to the west coast and sign the top talent, they are having to compete with a 2,500 plus air flight, top west coast and national recruiting schools and a host of other problems. They don't need to go to Alaska to sell ice to the Eskimos, they can save a few miles and sell Clemson to the West Coast top recruits.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over/under 5-stars!

Mar 5, 2020, 1:33 PM

My over/under on 5-stars this cycle is 6. I think at least one of the 4-star recruits we have commited now gets his 5th, and then we get at least 4 more. I have heard some rumors of a couple we have either gotten commits from but not went public, or we are really way out in front for and they want to look to make sure their gut is right. If we get 6 of the 5-stars and then 14 of the 4's that will be a helluva class and the reason it won't be the #1 class is simply numbers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 9:03 PM

Keep an eye on Trotter.

He made a huge leap in rankings from #110 to #35 after the recruiting services finished reviewing his junior year tape. I think there is a good chance he keeps progressing.

The guy just looks like a total stud to me. First time I viewed some of his videos last year, it seemed crazy he was outside of 100.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic