Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Playoff should be 8 teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Playoff should be 8 teams

Oct 11, 2015, 2:54 PM

Most certainly "the best" team in America will be represented in the top 8. I'm dubious about the current 4 team selection process. Because of emotions and bias it is highly likely the team which "could" win it all will be left to watch it unfold on TV.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playoff should be 8 teams

Oct 11, 2015, 3:37 PM

That will never happen because it would almost assure that a SEC Team will never be in the championship game again much less the final top 4.

WOW now I really wish it would it happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 100% ...***

Oct 11, 2015, 3:48 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2015, 3:50 PM

It will only take the SEC being left outside looking n and BOOM....we'll have an eight team playoff. It's that simple.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the SEC gets left out of the playoff you'll...

Oct 11, 2015, 3:56 PM

get your wish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2015, 4:00 PM

This won't happen until all Power 5 conferences have a championship game.

Oct 11, 2015, 4:12 PM

8 is coming but I hope they stop there. Maybe do another playoff include all the conference Champs from the non power 5 plus 9,10,and 11. Then cut the bowls about 1/3 to a half.

I think 6 would be a great

Oct 11, 2015, 4:18 PM

number. This way you get all P5 Champs as well as a wildcard from the other conferences. Furthermore, you include incentive for teams to battle amongst the top to get a bye for teams ranked 1 and 2. Only thing I would want worked out is a fully transparent ranking system so that there is minimal bias to get the "name" teams those byes and an easier path. I think 8 playoff teams is just a tad too many .

Better to have "a tad too many" than a tad too few.

Oct 11, 2015, 6:13 PM

The people saying four is enough don't seem to understand how much more subjective the selections can be, with just four. I personally think the five P5 conference champs should be automatically in...no subjectivity there, you win your conference, you are in the playoff. With the system we have now, there is usually no head to head to determine who is most worthy among the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th teams.

Just imagine if we end up having all five conference winners with one loss, and let's say our one loss is by one point to Miami. Who's to say we still aren't just as good, or better than those other one loss teams. But because we are in the "weak" ACC, we are left out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic