Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Playoff Rankings. How is an 8-2 Iowa State team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Playoff Rankings. How is an 8-2 Iowa State team

Dec 8, 2020, 10:03 PM

ranked ahead of a 9-1 Louisiana team that kicked their ### and an undefeated Coastal Carolina team that beat Louisiana?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playoff Rankings. How is an 8-2 Iowa State team

Dec 8, 2020, 10:32 PM

P5 vs. G5 bias? That's about the best I got, lol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 11:22 PM

The Louisiana game was the 1st game of the season, and they certainly didn't kick their butts. They did win, but Iowa State has improved all year long and is at it's best now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Playoff Rankings. How is an 8-2 Iowa State team ]

G5 should hold their own CFP, like Div.2'3,NAIA...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 12:06 AM

Coastal Carolina has twice as many win as OSU. Coastal has 10 wins, OSU only has 5!!!! Also, Pinn St VS OSU was 38-25 Penn St VS Maryland was 35-19. Penn St only scored 19 points on Maryland, and they scored 25 on OSU, but the Maryland vs OSU game was canceled. What looked to be OSU's toughest opponent in Maryland was canceled!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 12:16 AM

Simply put politics, it sucks nationally and collegically.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Playoff Rankings. How is an 8-2 Iowa State team ]

Is that the same Maryland team that lost by 16 to an Indiana team that Ohio State beat? Or is that the same Maryland team that lost 43-3 to NW?

Dec 9, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Playoff Rankings. How is an 8-2 Iowa State team ]

OSU would beat Coastal by 70 points if they wanted to.

Dec 9, 2020, 9:12 AM

That’s what BYU thought also

Dec 9, 2020, 1:45 PM

Doubtful I'm sure they thought they would win tho. BYU isn't close to Ohio St though so it doesn't really matter. Anybody with half a brain can tell OsU is one of the top 4 teams idc how many games they have played.

Iowa State ranked ahead of 8-0 Cincy and 8-1 Miami, too***

Dec 9, 2020, 6:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meanwhile they won't rank Florida ahead of A&M

Dec 9, 2020, 8:24 AM

because of head to head. That doesn't seem to apply here though. Like not even remotely. Louisiana is 12! spots behind Iowa State. I'm not even the kind of person that gets upset when team A beat team B yet team is ranked higher. That in itself doesn't bother me at all, but 12 spots? It's not like Iowa State has been a juggernaut outside of that one game either. They've played in 5 one-possession games in Big XII play and have managed to win 4 of those.

It's just anti-G5 bias. There's really no consistent logic that can be applied to explain their ranking of G5 teams, not just this year, but for the entire 7 years of existence. The only thing that is consistent is that the best G5 teams are undervalued in the CFP rankings every single year.

I'm not even trying to argue that the G5 should be in the playoff just for the committee to make some attempt at ranking them properly. It feels to me like they just want to keep them an arms length from the top 4 at all times to avoid any possible controversy and pressure to put them into the playoff down the road.

Re: Meanwhile they won't rank Florida ahead of A&M

Dec 9, 2020, 9:07 AM

Yea I really do not understand their logic there. Yes Iowa St beat Texas and OU but those teams are not that good this year. Iowa St should be outside the top 15 imo.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic