Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Planning on doing wings tomorrow night...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Planning on doing wings tomorrow night...

Jan 12, 2020, 8:19 AM

Anybody have an awesome recipe for wings?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Planning on doing wings tomorrow night...

Jan 12, 2020, 8:46 AM

Grill-smoked bbq wings . Buy McCormick mesquite seasoning, use one package per 30 wings then use olive oil and roll around the wings in oil and seasoning. Use cherrywood chips for smoke flavor. I don’t have a smoker so I just lay the wood chips on the flat metal flame guard. Cook on med high 15 min on each side. If you have a top rack on grill put them there while cooking(keeps flames off). After grilling take a big bowl and get Sticky Fingers BBQ Carolina Gold sauce(Walmart) pore some in the bowl place wing in bowl and toss around until all wings are coated. Very good! I but will need some napkins!

Jan 12, 2020, 8:56 AM

One more thing, I do soak them in some warm salt water for about 30 min to an hour before I start the seasoning

what does the warm salt water bath do?***

Jan 12, 2020, 10:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what does the warm salt water bath do?***

Jan 12, 2020, 2:54 PM

It’s like my Mom used to do to her fried chicken. I think it’s called brining. Keeps the chicken moist and gives a little flavor to the meat instead of just the outside skin. You don’t need to do it as long with wings because less meat on the bone.

Jan 12, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Planning on doing wings tomorrow night... ]

That's a really great method. Thanks for posting. May I suggest using Carolina Gold from Trader Joe's? I make my own mustard sauce and that is the closest to mine that I have found. It is really good. I will use your method tomorrow. Thanks

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try this marinade on them.

Jan 12, 2020, 8:50 AM

https://meatwave.com/blog/a-trip-back-to-the-islands

Jan 12, 2020, 9:47 AM

hopefully, dab and the boys will be destroying some corn dogs....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 9:51 AM

Screenshot from a smoking group I’m a part of on FB

Yes!

Jan 12, 2020, 9:56 AM

I actually started smoking wings when Spud bought me a container of wing seasoning after closing on a house.

You want to get them marinating tonight in a gallon ziploc with Dale’s mixed with hot sauce. Flip them every few hours.

Tomorrow get the smoker going and get them out. Dust the wings with smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.

Either smoke at 225-250 until they’re done, then crisp them up on a hot grill, or just smoke/grill them around 350 until done and crispy.

Mop with Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo sauce (not their creamy buffalo, the regular buffalo) while they’re cooking.

Best wings you will ever eat.

Jan 12, 2020, 10:25 AM

To me the key is the method, not the sauce. I smoke wings in my electric smoker, but light smoke only. 1/2 handful of pellets is all you need. Too much smoke is not good. I use a spicy dry rub, and the type isn’t super important. Believe it or not, Weber’s “Gourmet Burger” works well. They need to be cooked long enough, we like them a little dryer at my house. I set it at 225 and watch them closely. The times I see on the internet are not nearly long enough.

We serve the wings with sauce for dipping. Then everyone gets what they want. This has been a homerun at our house for years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic